A date in febuary

The words on the receipt

 

 


 

Only a couple of days until the 14th, and I still wasn’t done with Seohyun’s surprise.  I’d been coming in more frequently since last week, but Seohyun hadn’t.

Valentine’s Day

We’d made plans to meet at noon and when I went to pick her up she was dressed in a beautiful soft pink, lace dress.  Lace that was transparent in some places I told myself not to stare, especially when she was smiling so beautifully.

Once in the car I gave her a single yellow rose to which she didn’t seem to like very much, but didn’t say anything.  We both smiled, though I took notice of the absence of a thank you.

When we arrived to a bakery/ ring making shop.  I stopped Seohyun from getting out and gave her an orange rose.  She once again smiled and put it next to the yellow rose.  “Where do I put them?  Should I just?” she turned to me.

“Um, just here,” I said and took the two roses from her.  “Can you get a piece of tissue paper from the glove box?”

I quickly wrapped up the flowers neatly.  She ended up leaving them in the car, but that was fine.

A lot of couples were there and even though it wasn’t the ideal alone setting, you could really feel the love in the air.

We went in and chose our rings.  Choosing what we wanted was really fun, because Seohyun’s expressions were priceless.  “Luhan!  Did you check the-”

“Just pick one, or do you want me to pick for you?”

“But?”

“Go ahead, I’ll charge you later,” I teased and smiled at her hopeless expression when she told me to choose for her.

“She’ll have a rose gold band and I’ll-” I was saying to the employee when.

“We’ll both take a simple silver band,” Seohyun said putting her hand over mine and interrupting, and turning to me “The jewelry is real!”

“You’ll still have to pay me back,” I teased not answering.

We both put on our protective gear and after being shown how to make the rings we started, though staff was still walking around making sure all the couples were doing ok.

After making our rings we waited at a table eating goguma cake, one of the reasons I had chosen to come here.

“Oh, here it’s really good!” Seohyun said holding out a piece of cake.

“Um, it’s good!” I said wondering if she knew she was feeding me in public.  Anyway this was progress, no reason to think too much.

“Here are your rings.” The waitress said placing a neat grey box on the table.

Our rings weren’t very creative just our initials and a heart.

“Um, give me your hand,” I said to Seohyun.  She smiled and did as told.  I guess she knew I wanted to slip the ring on her finger.

“You have to wear yours too!”  She said while admiring her ring.  I did.

“Another Rose!” She exclaimed once we were back in the car.

“Green, this time,” I said.

Seohyun looked much more satisfied with the green rose, perhaps because surprised as she said “I didn’t know there were green roses.”

Arriving at our second destination was the Han River.

“Ooh, are we going to have a picnic?” Seohyun asked.

“No, but can you swim?”

“Ah!  What are we going to do?” she asked gesturing at her dress.

“Taking a ride on the ferry.” I said taking her hand, “But first let’s take a walk under the cherry blossoms, so here.”  I held out a pink rose.

“It matches my dress!” She smiled.  “Do you like my dress?” Seohyun asked twirling around.

“Of course I do.” I smiled at her, “Do your feet hurt?”

“Not yet, but if they do, what would you do about it?”

“I’d carry you for the rest of the day.” I said and smiled when I saw a pink tint on her cheeks, “Oh, I’d also have to cancel our restaurant reservation for later too!”

“Why?” She asked, her face so blank.

“Nothing.” I said laughing.  “Sorry.”

“Hey!  Luhan, that’s not nice, you don’t say that to a girl at all!” Seohyun said getting my joke.

“Hey, I was just teasing you, I’d have to cancel because I don’t think I’d want to put you down” I putting my hands on her waist and giving it a squeeze.  Not letting her turn around I kissed her cheek.  Then took her hand and we walked like that to the fairy.

“Careful.” Seohyun said when we were getting on the fairy.  She quickly took a seat.

“Don’t you want to stand by the rim?”

“No, I would rather you just-” she said making swimming like motions with her hands before letting out a sigh, “Sat down with me.”

So we sat and she rested her head on my shoulder.  I could tell she was tired, “Sleep, the cruise is an hour.”

“But then I won’t be able to-”

“I’ll take pictures for you to see, even video.”

“No, I mean then I won’t be able to see them with you.” She said still in a tired voice.

“Ok then, I know what will wake you up.” I said trying to look mischievous.  Before she could comment I started tickling her and surely she started laughing and I noticed she was trying not to be too loud.  When I stopped I laughed at how fast she was breathing and fanning her face with her hands, so elegantly.

“Ya!” She said, but couldn’t continue on as she was still catching her breath.

“You’re welcome.”

We got of the ferry and headed to the car.  “Come on now.” I said as she was still pouting a bit, “You’re all woken up now.”

“And you’re like that because you weren’t the one people were looking at like a crazy person.”

“Here.” I said holding out a lavender rose.

“Just because I’m nice,” She said admiring the roses.  “Now I have five, one yellow, orange, green, pink, and lavender.  What’s the plan and how many different roses are there?”

“I’m not sure, but a lot, about a 100 plus probably.” I said at a stoplight.  “In fact here.”

“A blue one too!” she smiled and clapped her hands before taking it.  “Hey where do you pull these out from?”

“That is for me to know…”

“And for me to figure out?”

“No, for you to just take the roses.”  She smiled and shook her head still looking at her bouquet.

 


 

 Comment please. ☺