Chapter 2

Assassination Dreamer

"Thank you." Seong min handed the taxi driver a few bills before walking off into the cinema, she covered her chest and neck a bit more with her navy green jacket and walked in to the theaters picking a bench to sit on to wait for Taeyong.

 

"Boo!" Taeyong came up from behind her shoving her with both hands, instantly scaring Seongmin.

 

"Hey! You jerk I swear to god you gave me a heart attack." Seongmin furrowed her brows and looked down at her phone to check the time, something she now found herself doing frequently.

 

It had almost been 24 hours since she last slept.

 

Taeyong was still in a fit of laughter, with one hand over his heart and the other wiping a year away, "Let's go get some snacks before it starts."

 

"I already ate." Seongmin tried to explain.

 

Taeyong's smile had now dissolved into a more caring stare, "I know, still it's our relaxing day off." Taeyong grabbed his wallet from his back pocket and looked down, "You got some sleep right? I don't want you to miss this movie Min."

 

She smiled at the fact that he had called her Min, the shortened name he gave her quickly after they became friends,  and tried to deceive him by playfully hitting him, "Of course I did, why wouldn't I?"

 

He grabbed the soda and popcorn from the employee over the counter and chuckled to himself, "because a person who had gotten enough sleep would see that they were wearing the wrong colored shoes."

 

She looked down and gasped in shock and embarrassment, she had been wearing one red, one black pair of high top vans. She looked back up at Taeyong to see what he'd say next.He smiled slightly and brought his arm over her shoulder to pull her in closer, "Don't worry Min, you can sleep on my shoulder when we go in. Besides you probably didn't wanna see much of this movie and all."

 

She smirked and felt more at ease to be open with Taeyong, it felt nice to have her best friend always be there for her. Seongmin expected to do what Taeyong had said, get a few minutes of sleep while he watched alone. She didn't even know what kind of movie they were watching until the previews had finished and the lights had dimmed.

 

It wasn't just an action movie, it was an action movie about assassins. Sure she did want to sleep, but she couldn't help but look away. With every scene of gore, action, guns, she strangely felt close to the movie.  Every so often Taeyong would look to his side and see how intrigued she was with the movie,"You're not sleepy?" He had whispered to not disturb the others.

 

Without taking her glazed over eyes off the screen she whispered back,"No no, I'm fine really. It's kind of interesting." She wanted to provide a vague answer because as far as Taeyong was concerned, she was only having "insomnia" and had trouble sleeping due to stress. He didn't know she had reoccurring dreams of her becoming a notorious assassin. It would be crazy for her to try to explain that to him, too weird, even for Taeyong.

 

She didn't know if what she was watching was making her feel uncomfortable, terrible, or the scariest option, at ease and at home.