epilogue

Nostalgia

“Have any of you met before today?” Jung Eunbi curiously asked.

“Actually I’ve met ShinB, a few years ago, and we briefly talked,” Yerin answered immediately, “That’s how I found out that she also dropped out of high school,” she added.

“Stop making that fact sound like a boast,” Hwang Eunbi snapped.

“You dropped high school education?” Jung Eunbi asked, surprised.

“Yeah, my parents couldn’t maintain life in Seoul so we got back to Cheongju and I was forced to work,” Hwang Eunbi explained, “but I came back to Seoul anyway about five years back with my hard-earned money.”

“Well, we all dropped out after that happened…” Sojung muttered and sighed, reminiscing their past.

“What?” four confused voices said simultaneously.

“Only you and Yerin unnie,” Yewon was quick to correct the eldest one.

“Ah yes,” Sojung nodded, “I think my head meant that we all separated after that happened,” she amended her own words.

“This two were still middle schoolers,” Yuna pointed to the two younger ones sitting together at a side.

“And right now they can still be considered girls, while we’re already women,” Yerin sighed, adding to Yuna’s point.

Yewon giggled, and Hwang Eunbi laughed along. “You guys make yourself sound so old,” they said amidst the laughter.

“I’ve also met Yewon briefly, some time back, but it was a really short time when I saw her during her graduation,” Yuna brought the topic back into the conversation, “I was back at the university to meet a professor.”

Yerin’s mouth formed a circle. “That’s why you knew a little about her having university education,” she said upon realisation. Yuna merely nodded as a response.

“Ah sorry Yewon-ah, I would’ve met you if I wasn’t in a rush,” Yuna apologised and lightly patted Yewon’s lap.

Yewon shook her head, her smile still showing. “It’s okay unnie.”

“But Yerin unnie, you knew about Eunha unnie?” Hwang Eunbi thought back about their conversation earlier on.

“I knew?” Yerin pointed to herself and asked.

“You said that she was the same as Yuju unnie,” Hwang Eunbi replied.

Yerin tilted her head to recall. “Ah, I meant the fact that we’ve established ten years ago that these two kids have rich families, and I sort of guessed she finished high school because both Yuju and Eunha remained,” Yerin reasoned.

Hwang Eunbi nodded her head, satisfied with the explanation.

“So, how did this meeting come about?” Jung Eunbi continued to ask.

“Actually the three of us met coincidentally,” Hwang Eunbi answered, hovering her index finger before three of them.

Jung Eunbi and Yewon broke into surprised laughter, while the other four chuckled.

“Care to explain how your coincidence happened?” Yewon asked with large curious eyes.

“Ah…” Hwang Eunbi and Yuna silently looked to Yerin.

“Why me?” Yerin asked with large eyes. Nevertheless, she cleared to start, “Yuju was on the way home from a company event and decided to drop by the convenient store where I am having my part-time job, and my shift was already ending so she waited for me a little,” she paused.

“Ah, you’re working so hard,” Sojung smiled.

Yerin giggled in response, slightly bashful. “I’m trying to get into a vocational school now,” she explained, to which everyone else marvelled over.

“Hwaiting unnie!” Yewon added.

“Gomawo,” she laughed.

“And we met ShinB who, too, came by to the convenient store,” Yuna continued with the explanation.

“I don’t usually go there but I left work too late and there was no place around I could get my late dinner so I dropped by the convenient store,” ShinB added.

“What a plan made in heaven,” Jung Eunbi could not help but comment.

“I know right!” Yerin clapped her hands and nodded her head.

“Ah, I really don’t wanna go home, I miss all of you so much,” their youngest pouted as she spoke. Everyone smiled as her cuteness still melted all their hearts.

“Aww,” Yerin patted her head, “Well I’m sure Eunha’s home can accommodate all of us here!” she added.

Jung Eunbi narrowed her eyes in response, but laughed it off to agree.

“We’re going to talk all night!” Hwang Eunbi enthusiastically declared.

“Sure!” Jung Eunbi smiled and giggled, to which the girls laughed at and agreed. And for the night, the women returned to themselves as girls ten years ago, when their lives were vivid and colourful, when they had fun under the sun and made wonderful memories filled with love and joy.

 


 

I'M SO SORRY FOR FORGETTING ABOUT THIS HAHA I'm really sorry :((( so I went back and found the document still on my desktop with this chapter almost done, and decided to complete it off and here it is~ I'm sorry due to my failed planning this is like half the size of previous chapters but ah I guess it was really fun writing this! Thank you to everyone who've supported, I really appreciate it! I'm currently working on two sinju stories, check them out maybe? Hehe