Mismatched

♡Love Rush!♡ [WE'RE BACK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol and Joshua had their hands covering their ears for the past 5 minutes. They were currently surrounded by the sound of laughter. Wonwoo, meanwhile, was missing, probably sleeping somewhere again.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA~” the remaining host club members roared. Chan looked like he was having a seizure and Seungcheol was tempted to check and make sure he was breathing but then the younger’s laughter rang in his ears and Seungcheol groaned in frustration.

“Can you guys stop?” he pleaded for the trillionth time. Seungkwan’s laughter was the loudest while Minghao and Seokmin were laughing silently. 
“Please?” Joshua added, uncovering his ears and facing his tormentors.

“Romeo and Juliet?! Cinderella?! You’re just asking for your deaths!” Seungkwan guffawed, slapping his knee.
“It’s not like we’re playing the female characters! There are girl juniors too you know!” Seungcheol retorted.
“Oh I don’t know, after seeing Joshua-hyung…”

Joshua sank into a chair, worn out. “The staff isn’t stupid. We’ll only play male characters, okay? The main thing bothering me is working with them, that’s all,” Joshua clarified.
“I thought you wanted to get along with them?” Minghao pointed out.
“I do! But…not like this…”

Wonwoo suddenly returned from wherever he'd been, looking bored. “They’re calling us again for another meeting,” he said. “I just wanted to sleep…”
Seungcheol straightened up, clearing his throat. “Remember our objective. Get the best roles, show em up in acting. Let’s beat these dumb Diamonds!”
The youngsters cheered. The trio walked out to meet the remaining juniors.
 

Principal Chanyeol rubbed his hands together. “Okay guys, so its casting time! We made up a list of characters and stuff, we may add more later. The main characters are obviously the guy and the girl, we’re calling them Romeo and Cinderella to avoid copyright issues. So…”
Principal Baekhyun cleared his throat. “I suggested we do casting the normal way but Chanyeol wants to do a vote. So everybody write down the name of the person you think would best suit each role on a piece of paper and we’ll just count them up.”

For Romeo, Joshua and Seungcheol agreed to put down Wonwoo, knowing it would likely piss him off but still, the Shinings needed to win all the lead roles and there was no way they were going to do it. On the Diamond side, Jun had threatened asked to have his name down, so the host club members and a few others wrote him in. 

The tally was in, and Jun won, of course. 

Next character, Cinderella.

Joshua briefly looked over the group of girls at his table and eventually wrote a random name down, not really caring one way or another. His eyes met Jeonghan’s for a brief second and he could’ve sworn he saw the latter smirk before writing something down. Joshua didn’t have a good feeling about this.

“Okay, so…” the principals counted up the names. The gawked at the results for a second.
“Ahem, so um, there was a tie between a male member and a female member?” Baekhyun started, looking confused. “Why would a guy play Cinderella?”
“Who was it?” Seungcheol asked.
Chanyeol laughed. “Joshua,” he said, pointing to said individual.

Joshua’s face paled as everyone’s attention was directed onto him. “M-me?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes, and the other is Seulgi from the Diamond members,” Baekhyun added, pointing to the other girl. 
“Anyway, its obvious who you should go with—”
“Not so fast Baekhyunnie, who says you get to choose?” Chanyeol cut in.
Baekhyun turned to him. “He’s a guy,” he said as if it was obvious.
“Yeah, but then the two lead roles will be played by Diamonds. No way.”
“What, so you want a guy to be playing as a girl?!”
“I want equality. One lead for Diamonds, one for Shinings.”
“Then get a girl to play it, for crying out loud!”
“The people voted for him, so we’re going with him.”

Seungcheol eyed Joshua, whose face tone matched the roses out in the garden. “Maybe we should do a recount?” he suggested helpfully. “Everybody votes again, only this time for a female student.”
The principals sighed but agreed. 

Joshua instantly wrote Jeonghan’s name down. He wanted to get back at him in any way possible for doing this to him.

Unfortunately, the same exact thing happened.

“WHO THE HELL KEEPS WRITING DOWN HIS NAME?!” Chanyeol exclaimed in agitation. 

Joshua knew exactly who it was. He glanced at the Diamond host club members plus a few others who seemed to be in on the joke. Nonetheless, he currently wanted to crawl into a corner and never come out.

“Fine! You know what! Joshua is the stupid Cinderella!”
Joshua, usually calm, quiet, and coll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter