And therefore

♡Love Rush!♡ [WE'RE BACK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You guys missed my amazing archery skills,” Jun muttered, looking at the group of Diamond High members lazing around. No one seemed to register his words, so he sighed.

A few competitions had passed and the score was Shinings―7, Diamonds―6. Some kid was going around winning all the points for the Shining side, which was beyond annoying.

Jihoon groaned. “If we lose I’m going to kill a squirrel.”
Soonyoung gasped. “Jihoon! You could get arrested for saying that!”
Jihoon looked at him dead in the eyes. “Well, I guess you’ll do instead.”
Soonyoung yelped and hid behind Mingyu. Jihoon eyed Mingyu with suspicion.
“What were you doing with one of them anyway?” he asked.
Mingyu shrugged. “I mauled him over, so I thought I’d make it up to him. Also, they didn’t copy our idea for a host club, hyung. As shocking as it sounds.”
Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Ever heard of lying? We all know what those sleazy Shining losers are capable of doing. Don’t let yourself be fooled.”
Mingyu pouted. “Wonwoo-hyung didn’t seem like he was lying.”
“Well, neither did Jisoo, and look how that turned out.”
At the mention of Jisoo, everyone glanced at Jeonghan, who sank even further into his seat.

Today was going just great.

Joshua finally returned to the Shining members, who nearly pounced on him.
“Are you feeling okay, hyung?” Minghao asked. Joshua nodded.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Oh, we’re in the lead? That’s great!”

Currently, they were ahead by a point, and Seungcheol beamed.
“Yeah, um, sorry again for spilling the beans on the whole, you know…”
Joshua waved a hand dismissively. “We were bound to be discovered eventually, right? So anyway, Seokmin or Seungkwan must’ve won their singing thing, hm?”
The pair grinned sheepishly at Joshua. “Actually, no― ” Seokmin started, but was cut off by Seungkwan.
“I would’ve won but that stupid and handsome Diamond jerk looked at me! Like isn’t there a rule against attractive people looking at you?”
The other looked at him in confusion. “You mean Vernon?” Minghao finally asked.

At the mention of Vernon, Joshua realized something. “Oh, the English speaker?” he asked, remembering the introductions all those days ago.
Seungkwan’s mood went even more sour. “Yeah, him! You know, he insulted my English! Called it low quality! My English is good, right?” He turned to Joshua with puppy eyes.
Joshua smiled. “Of course! I mean, it’s not fluent, but you’re pretty good at pronunciation and stuff.”
“Ha! Take that Vernon!” Seungkwan shouted to the sky. 

Joshua glanced at Wonwoo. “You weren’t hurt or anything, right? After the whole crashing into you guys thing?” he asked, watching Wonwoo eat the last of the gummy worms. 
Wonwoo shook his head. “No, the guy who ran into me apologized and gave me all this. Also we cleared up a few misunderstandings.”
Joshua felt better knowing that at least someone on his team didn’t outright despise the Diamonds. He sank into the seat next to Seungcheol, worn out.

Soon, the final contest, the water gun fight, would start. The groups watched idly as people held guns and other water weapons in preparation.

“Okay, the final one! The score is now a perfect tie, 9 to 9! Who will take the grand prize? Time to find out! In this battle, the team that surrenders first, or the team that gets soaked first, loses and the other team wins! On your mark, get set, go!”

Soon it became a water fest. It was fine until a Diamond member had the nerve to point a hose at the Shining host club members who were peacefully sitting on the bleachers.
They gasped as they got doused in water. 
“Oh no he didn’t!” Seungkwan shouted. Minghao and Seungcheol stood up as well.

“Let’s get them!”

They dragged the others with them onto the track.
“U-um, I’m not sure this is allowed,” Joshua interrupted, but Minghao was downright furious.
“It was Jun, I saw. Jun sprayed us, and I’m going to kill him.”

Joshua had no clue who this Jun was but now he was surrounded by Diamonds who looked like they were going to soak him to death.
He stood there, knowing death was inevitable, when someone came up behind one of the Diamond guys and drenched him with a bucket of water.
“Joshua, run!” Seungcheol yelled, grabbing another bucket of water and chasing after the Diamonds. Joshua bolted off, but he was still weaponless.

Minghao grabbed a free hose and pointed it at the seated Diamond host club members. He smirked and hit it on full blast in their faces. They all yelled as they got showered head to toe in icy water.
“Payback!” he yelled, although that freaking Jun wasn’t among them. He noticed Jeonghan and pointed at him.
“Oy, Joshua-hyung is upset because of you, now come down here and fight like a man!”
Jeonghan raised his eyebrows but Jihoon accepted the offer.
“You’re going down, Shining jerks! Come on, guys!” He dragged the rest of the Diamonds onto the track.

“Hey, this isn’t allowed!” the announcer exclaimed but was ignored by the war going on in the field. Joshua finally managed to get his hands on a water gun that was loaded and kept it close to him.

That’s when he saw a drenched Jeonghan. Joshua froze when Jeonghan met his eyes, holding a gun in his hand as well. He gave Joshua a frosty look before running towards him, aiming the gun at him.
Joshua did a double take at the sight of Jeonghan advancing in his direction but wasn’t ready to die yet. He started running as well, trying to shoot at Jeonghan but missing.

“You tricked me!” Jeonghan yelled.
“I’m sorry!!!” Joshua shouted back, swerving to avoid the hits.
“No you’re not!”
“No, I really am!”
“Liar!”

Jeonghan kept firing at him and Joshua realized that Jeonghan was actually gaining on him. He noticed another Diamond High host club member in front of him and backpedalled, but now he was trapped. 

The member, whom Joshua realized was Vernon, gave him a bright smile. “You’re Joshua, right?” he asked. “The English guy.”
Joshua gulped as the two cornered him. “Y-yeah, that’s me…” he stammered. 
He closed his eyes, ready for the sweet release of death, when he heard a familiar screech.

“GOT YOU! HA! TAKE THAT!”

Joshua opened his eyes to see that not only had Seungkwan upturned a bucket of water onto Vernon, but he’d forced the bucket over Vernon’s head, covering his vision. He took the opportunity to use the distraction to escape, silently thanking Seungkwan. He ran so fast he crashed straight into a wall.

Well, actually, the wall was Jun, who narrowed his eyes down at him.

“Joshua, right? The heartbreaker of the day.” Jun whipped out the hose. “Prepare to meet your end.”
Suddenly Jun was assaulted by a slew of water, and whirled around to see Minghao glaring furiously at him. “Step away from the weak and gentle hyung,” he threatened.

Joshua half wanted to argue that he wasn’t weak and half wanted to thank Minghao, but instead watched as Jun smirked and directed the hose back at him.
“And what if I don’t?” Jun asked. 
Minghao pointed the hose at Jun’s face. “Then this’ll happen.” And without any warning, water shot out of the hose and straight onto Jun’s face. Jun shrieked and jumped away from the strike and opened fire as well, focusing on Minghao instead.

Joshua realized he’d been saved three times already and knew he had to get out of the way for real this time. 

“Guys, this isn’t how the contest works― no you can’t just join in the middle― wait!”
The announcer was ignored as more and more people flooded the arena and brought buckets, cans, and other items to fight. 

Seungcheol’s eyes darted around, trying to find a certain midget with rather cute hair. He finally spotted him and grabbed his trusty bucket. Time for revenge.

Jihoon was lost among the sea of annoyingly tall people and was unaware that Seungcheol was aiming for his life. He finally managed to get out of the crowd and came face to face with his arch nemesis.

“Long time no see, eh?” Seungcheol said, a sly grin on his face as he lifted the bucket of water. Jihoon was normally never afraid of anyone or anything but the sight of Seungcheol ready to unleash terror onto him was enough to make him retreat at high speed. Unfortunately, Seungcheol wasn’t letting up.

“Get back here, Jihoon! You made Joshua sad, you know!”
Jihoon, despite running for his life, managed to roll his eyes. “Yeah, it’s not like you guys did anything. You’re all angels, right?”
Seungcheol sped up. “Joshua actually wanted to make peace with you guys, but screw that! You’re all evil!”
Jihoon laughed. “Says the person that tried to assault me earlier!”
“I wasn’t trying to assault you, dammit!”
“Yes you were!”
“Well, you’re a cute guy! So I thought you were a girl! You’re so cute, da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter