Just a Feeling

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's already midnight when TWICE arrived at their dorm. Dahyun, unlike the others, decided to stay in their living room. She lay down the sofa and placed her legs on Chaeyoung's lap, who is sitting beside Mina, who is on the phone with Seungcheol. She watches her unnie talk and smile, and the maknae who is doing nothing. Then, she suddenly remembers the text she received earlier from an unknown number. She brings her phone close to her face as a smile forms in her face as she reads their conversation earlier.

"I did it better than Seventeen, right? I'm really good at turning around."

"I'm sorry, but who's this?"

"Take a guess."

Dahyun lets out a giggle as she read the text repeatedly. It's from an unknown number but she has a feeling on who is the owner of that number. She changes her position into an indian seat pulling her legs closer to her while raising her eyebrows, up and down, to Chaeyoung.

"Why? Who's that? Taehyung sunbae?" her friend asks, leaning closer to her to read the message. Chaeyoung looks at Dahyun, "Who's that?"

Dahyun smiled teasingly eraning a grunt from the maknae. "It's a secret." she says, typing down a reply for her textmate. Chaeyoung is now comfortably sitting beside her, reading everything she's typing down.

"Unfair. Just tell me..." Chaeyoung whines, lightly shaking Dahyun's shoulder.

Scrunching her nose, Dahyun smiled widely, "This person is asking me to take a guess."

"Really?" Chaeyoung asks, full of suspicion. Dahyun draws an 'x' on her left chest and raises her right hand, "Cross my heart."

Dahyun isn't going to tell the younger one that she already knows who the textmate is. She smiles widely like she enjoys keeping this a secret from everyone. Chaeyoung leans closer to her, reading Dahyun's reply. And she notices something weird about it.

"Your reply sounds like you already know who he/she is." Chaeyoung points out, squinting her eyes at Dahyun.

"I'm not sure..." Dahyun lies, biting her lower lip after. She re-reads her reply and internally thanks Chaeyoung. "I shouldn't let him know I know who he is..." Dahyun mumbles as she deletes her reply. 

"I think I heard him and he." Chaeyoung says, emphasizing the words 'he' and 'him'. She nods her head towards the wide-eyed Dahyun. The girl who is caught red-handed slowly shakes her head forcing a smile.

"I didn't say him." Dahyun says, although she knows Chaeyoung isn't going to give up unless she tells her the truth. "I think it's Jimin oppa." Dahyun confesses, giving up, pressured from Chaeyoung's wide-eye stare.

Mina who's on her phone, immediately tilts her head, looking at the two girls. "So, it's true?!"

Both Chaeyoung and Dahyun are confused on Mina's words. "What's true?" Chaeyoung asks. 

Mina hangs up her phone, ignoring the fact she is still talking with Seungcheol on the phone. She sat up straight, facing her body to Chaeyoung and Dahyun, "T-that... you and...Jimin..." she says, pointing at Dahyun, then motions her two hands into a kiss hand sign facing each other as she puckers her lips into a smooch, "kissed."

As if struck by a lightning, Dahyun leans back against the air rolling down from the sofa, falling down to the floor. Chaeyoung's hands are on , surprised of what she just heard. Mina, too, has her hands on , surprised however by what happened to Dahyun. Recovering from shock Mina and Chaeyoung both closed in to Dahyun, who is lifelessly lying on the floor - arms and legs spread out. 

"W-we... we didn't kiss." Dahyun says, but the pinkish blush on her cheeks says otherwise.

"Then why are you blushing?" Chaeyoung asks.

Dahyun touches her cheeks, she can feel the heat of her face, "I don't know, because i'm embarrassed?"

"Why are you embarrassed when you didn't kiss?" Mina argued, enjoying Dahyun's reaction, "Maybe you did?" she added teasingly.

Dahyun gets up and gives Mina a glare, "Seungcheol oppa is spreading fake news everywhere. That guy." Dahyun grits her teeth and folds her hands into fists, "He's going to get it."

Mina sends Chaeyoung a wink - signalling that Seungcheol told her that to tease Dahyun. They both laugh at the innocent girl teased by her friends. Dahyun shakes her whole body, whining on the floor, "Really! It's not really true! Our face was just too close when we realized it!" she screams, her cheeks bright red, as she remembers how close their faces were to each other as they both, unwittingly, looked into each other's eyes.

The two girls both stopped hearing the innocent girl's confession, instantly turning their heads to Dahyun's direction. "You what?!" they simultaneously screams.

Dahyun's eyes widen as she realized what she just told them. She swallows once before smiling awkwardly at the two girls who are slowly closing in to her. She internally screaming at herself, This mouth of yours, Kim Dahyun. I'm not telling them anything. It's nothing, no need to make it a big deal. It was an accident. The two girls are staring at her and she's keeping shut tight. 

"I-I'm tired." she yawns, stretching her neck as she touches them, watching Mina and Chaeyoung's expression and squinting eyes. Then she slowly gets up from the floor and stretches her arms in front of them, not forgetting to fake a yawn, "I'm going first. Nighty." she says, before escaping from them to her room.

"She thinks she's getting away after that." Chaeyoung comments as they watch Dahyun look back sneakily as she walks inside the room. Mina nods to Chaeyoung's comment, "Tomorrow?" 

They give each other a high-five before standing up from the sofa to go their rooms.

"Night-night." they both say before going inside their rooms, respectively.

Dahyun tightly closes her eyes when she heard their room's door open. She knows that Chaeyoung knows that she's just pretending to be asleep, but still it's the only way she knows how to get away, well, even just this night.

She turns to her left, facing the wall, after making sure that Chaeyoung's already on her bed. Sorry Chaeng... 

She quickly pulls out the phone she hid under her pillow. She opens her phone and sees another message from the unknown number. 

Sleeping? she reads the message. She puts down her phone and closes her eyes. "Sleeping..." she whispers to herself, thinking whether to reply or not. It's already 2:00 am and she bets that Jimin is already asleep.

"Wait..." she mumbles, Why am I so sure that's it's Jimin oppa? she thinks to herself but she knows she's right, he was the only one doing SVT's routine besi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter