3

RBW Investigation Corp: The Bar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3

"She was murdered at least 24 hours ago. She was killed by a gunshot and blunt force trauma. She was hit by something that shaped kind of like a  rectangle, but it ain't the regular one we see all the time." The wound on the head was indeed shaped like an irregular rectangle, making Wheein think, but Hwanwoong continued. "Also, she was 36 hours ago."

    

"That's twelve hours before her death." Hyejin remarked, to which Wheein nodded at. "Whee, what do you think?"

Wheein cupped her chin once more. "I don't know yet. Hwanwoong, what else did you see?"

"She was dead before she was tied up. No signs of strangulation or using of force."

"That makes sense if the victim knows the unsub." Wheein accidentally blurted out. Oh sh*t. "She must know the unsub, or the unsub's a taxi driver."

"How can you say so, Wheein?" Yongsun asked curiously, crossing her legs.

"You see, if she was tied after, this means that the perp and Katie knew each other well-enough to spend time with him, to the point that Katie doesn't have her guard up when they're together, making it easy for him to give her fainting medicine and smash whatsoever he smashed her head with." After Wheein's explanation, Hwanwoong shined like a lightbulb when he remembered something.

"You're right, on her stomach, I found traces of temazepam, a form of sleeping drug." He ran his hand through his hair and beamed. "Whoa, nunim, you're a genius!"

Wheein shook her head in disagreement. "No, I'm not." She closed her eyes for a few seconds and opened it once more. "We're looking for a male who's known Katie Lopez for a while now. I presume that it's a male since Katie was ." She looked back at Hwanwoong. "Is this why you told me that it's too early to call Antonio?"

Hwanwoong nodded, then the hackers, Byul and Chandong, suddenly entered the room. "Hey, um guys, we got news." Byul and Chandong stood at the front. "I looked up everything in her phone." Byul aligned the cellphone to the projector and it perfectly projected the cellphone screen on the much wider screen. "She texted four men, someone named Antonio, a Loke, a Professor Lakey and a Jonathan before disappearing." Wheein saw Byul throw a snide smile. A sign of confidence. "Katie went to meet all of them after her . And she didn't even set different times, it just said YG hotel lobby, please show up."

   

Eunjin sighed a heavy sigh. "We should all go home tonight. We have to work in the morning. We can't knock on people's houses at 3am." She sighed and loosened her tie. "Byul, Chandong, Hyunkyu, Janghyun, we need you out on the field tomorrow. Byul, go with me, Jaewoo, Dongmyeong and Gunmin, we're going to meet this Jonathan guy and confiscate all their devices. Chandong and Gunhee will be on Team Wheein, meet Antonio. Hyunkyu, Cheoljoo, Janghyun, Hyejin, we need you four to squeeze the out of YG Hotel. Yongsun, oversee this case." Everyone nodded and took note of their activities and sighed. "Try to get some sleep. We have a long day ahead of us."

"Nuna, you live here?" Hwanwoong asked as he dropped Wheein off on her apartment. He opened the door for her and she got out of the car. Apparently, she and Hwanwoong live four blocks from each other. And to Hwanwoong, this apartment is one of the comfiest apartments in the smoky city of theirs. "Well, for someone broke, you apparently live just fine."

Wheein raised a brow and rolled her eyes. "Hwanwoong, I may live here, but you don't know my living conditions." She crossed her arms then smiled. "I'm going."

"Nae. See you tomorrow, Nuna." He got into the car, and Wheein waved goodbye, seeing him off. She went upstairs to her apartment. Truly, Hwanwoong doesn't know her living conditions. She has to live on the third floor, next to a family that doesn't seem to quit fighting. As she got to the third floor, she got to the door and opened it quietly. She saw Seungcheol on a green shirt, popcorn scattered in her house, a flashdrive on top of her coffee table, looks like he did record Blue Bloods. And I have to put up with the rumors that I'm sleeping with the landlord. She and Seungcheol knew each other for a long time, and they're really good friends. She protects him, he protects her. It goes both ways. She went to her room and took one of the blankets in her closet and she gently covered Seungcheol with it before drifting off to dreamland on her own.

"In-ah! Wake up." Seungcheol, early up, began shaking Wheein's leg. "Some guy's outside looking for you."

Wheein peeked out of her blanket, enough for her to see the clock right next to her bed.

7:24. 

Holy . She cursed and looked at the mirror next to her. "Oh, I'm a mess." She rolled her eyes and glanced at Seungcheol who kept staring at her like she's a mess -- oh wait, her makeup IS a mess. "Get out, I need to change clothes."

"Your bathroom is at the end of the hall--"

"JUST GET OUT!" She yelled then pushed him out of the room. When he got out, he sighed as he looked at the guy waiting for her.

"Give her five minutes to dress." They then saw Wheein dash out of her bedroom and to the bathroom. "So, she got the profiler job?" He asked the visitor.

"Yes, she did." The visitor bit his lower lip anxiously, he wants to know who Seungcheol is. "Are you her boyfriend?"

Seungcheol shook his head. "I'm her guardian fairy." He smiled a cheeky smile then he went to the kitchen. He opened the upper cabinet to get the loaf, then the salmon spread he made last night. He sliced four slices then he loaded the toaster. He soon added the spread the closed it off. He finished it by placing it inside two plastic bags. He went out back to the living room. He passed one of the bags to him. "I'm Seungcheol. And you?"

"Chandong, Lee Chandong." He looked at the bag he just accepted, curious. "And this is for?"

Seungcheol smiled at him once more. "For picking her up." When Wheein got out of the bathroom, she had her hair tied up and her sweater on top of her jeans. "You gonna go to work like that?" Wheein nodded as she tossed her towel into the rack. Seungcheol looked around the living room, and found his coat. "Wear this, at the least." He tossed it and she caught it.

"Thanks." She went to her room and picked up her backpack and slid her earpiece into her ear. She got out then switched into a pair of rubber shoes for comfort. "I'm going. Lock the door when you leave." She reminded him then he passed her the sandwich. She smiled heartily. "Thank you." She looked at Chandong, who stood up as well. "Let's go. Bye, Cheol!"

"See you!" He smiled as her and Chandong's figures vanished from his vision. "I'm not gonna be leaving yet, though. Your house is a mess."

It's almost eight am, yet YG still hasn't said a word to the investigators. Hyejin began tapping her pen as they waited at the parking lot. "YG is so full of crap." She cursed as she looked at the back seats. "Oppa, iPad." She ordered. She pressed her earpiece to communicate with Yongsun. Hyunkyu passed her the iPad and she opened their case file. "Unni." She called Yongsun.

"Yes, dear?" Yongsun answered from the base. She is seen to be cleaning a pair of crocs with her earpiece carelessly hanging on the computer monitor.

"I've been thinking about it for a while. They've been declining access to us since yesterday. Why could that be?"

Yongsun stopped cleaning her crocs then raised a brow. "Dear, I think it's part of a hotel's protocol not to share those stuffs."

"Sure, but remember my first case? They gave off the cctvs on less than a minute after we requested for it. Why can't they give it to us this time around?"

Then it hit them. All of them. Cheoljoo, from the driver's seat, snatched the iPad then pressed his earpiece to open their comms. "Yongsun, search for any of our suspects who are shareholders, sons or prominent members of this company!"

"On it, dear." She shoved the crocs away and then pulled the keyboard in. Her loud tapping was music to their ears and the beep, indicating that they got a lead on this. "Jonathan Smith is the son of one of the shareholders. But his record is clean."

Cheoljoo opened the multi-video call function of the iPad then Hwanwoong and Gunmin's faced showed up. "Guys, YG won't give us the cctv footage because Jonathan Smith is the son of one of the shareholders."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter