Pull

Snowfall

Yawning, Daehyun stretched, snuggling against the body beside him. A dream echoed through him until all that was left of it was a vague memory he couldn’t quite grasp. With a small noise, he stretched, smiling at the arms that wrapped tighter around his waist. There was no mistaking his surroundings, the smell, the embrace being exclusively Jongup’s, too gentle and comforting to belong to anyone else.

 

“Hey, baby.” The soft voice tickling his ear made him chuckle and at long last, open his eyes to see the man smiling at him. “how did you sleep?”

 

“The best sleep of my life.” Reaching out to play with Jongup’s hair, Daehyun smiled back. “And you, did you sleep well?”

 

“I did. Better than ever.” Leaning in, Jongup captured Daehyun’s lips with his own. “ Hey. After breakfast, lets go get your stuff from Youngjae’s.”

 

“I...” Hesitating, Daehyun touched the bruise his ex had left on his cheek at their last meeting, fear beginning to creep in a ruin his pleasant morning.

 

“I know, baby.” Gentle fingertips brushed over the mark as well, replacing Daehyun’s own on his marred skin. “But he should be busy with Himchan today so with luck he wont even be there. And if he shows up... Well I’ll just keep him away from you until we leave.”

 

“He’s with Himchan?” Hearing that almost stung despite his new-found relationship with a much more worthy man. “And he called me a ... All I did was find my way to someone I’ve always felt safe and happy beside. That little... Ugh... But what do I expect? He moved on before we even broke up. Poor Junhong must feel so betrayed.”

 

“I’m really sorry, beautiful.” Lips pressed against his, easing the negativity building up inside of him. “You were always really just too good for him, you know.”

 

“Jongup... Do you ever wonder if maybe they’re the ones too good for me? Youngjae and Yongguk, I mean...” Laying his head on Jongup’s shoulder, Daehyun sighed and closed his eyes. “Maybe the only reason you can see any good in me is that you’re too good to see the true darkness in a person.”

 

“Daehyun...” Jongup tipped his chin up so they were eye to eye, causing a blush to creep over the man’s cheeks. “Believe me when I say this. I am not some pure creature. I get angry, I’d gladly fight someone, especially if you were the reason... But beyond that, I know that I don’t see the good in everyone, especially when its not there. I can assure you, I actively hate both Yongguk and Youngjae. There is no good in them. But you, well you just don’t give yourself enough credit, Daehyun.”

 

“What is there to even like about me?” Frustrated, Daehyun tried to sit up, to leave the bed and pace like he always did when things were too much for him, but the other man stopped him, easing him closer for comfort. “Jongup, you deserve better.”

 

“Everything. You’re good stuff and your bad stuff, your perfections and even your flaws. Everything about you comes together to make the most amazing person I have ever met and it physically hurts me that you don’t see that...” Each sentence punctuated with tender kisses, Jongup slowly began to dissipate the worry Daehyun had been building inside of him. “For me, there is nobody better than Jung Daehyun.”

 

“Jongup...” Running his fingertips over the other man’s cheek, Daehyun bit his lip, unsure of what to say. Though he was touched by Jongup’s words, his own lack of self worth was still too deep to shake off fully.

“I know they hurt you, treated you like garbage, broke the way you view yourself, but I swear, Daehyun, I will never stop trying to fix that.” Sincerity was more than evident in his boyfriend’s words and, for what felt like the first time in his life, Daehyun believed the words coming from the lips of a person who claimed to love him.

 

“You don’t have to. You shouldn’t have to, Jongup.” Kissing him deeply, Daehyun hoped his gratitude was evident, knowing that Jongup more than deserved it. “My own shattered self is not your problem.”

 

“I know I don’t have to, Daehyun, but I want to.” Climbing out of bed, Jongup help his hand out and Daehyun took it without hesitation, the bed feeling cold and lonely without the other man in it. “I want save the person I have loved for most of my life, because you deserve it, Daehyun.”

 

“I don’t...” Shaking his head, Daehyun mumbled under his breath, unable to accept Jongup’s view of him but not wishing to argue with him about it.

 

“Dae, I love you, you know.” Brushing strands of hair from Daehyun’s face, Jongup had looked into his eyes for only a moment before pulling him into a breathtaking kiss that made Daehyun’s knees weak. By the time their lips parted, Daehyun was gripping Jongup’s shirt, blushing and panting slightly.

 

“I love you too, Jongup.” Their next kiss was softer, quicker, but still left Daehyun’s lips tingling from the contact. “Thank you.”

 

“Now tell me what you want for breakfast.” As they made their way toward Jongup’s kitchen... Their kitchen?... Jongup’s arm wrapped around his waist and Daehyun couldn’t help but smile. Maybe this really was how love was meant to feel. Maybe, how he had felt all that time before was just a practice meant to ease him into something real... With that thought, it was almost easier to accept the selfish hell his past boyfriends had put him through.

 

“Cheesecake?” Leaning his head against Jongup’s, he smiled and reached up to play with his hair. “I want cheesecake.”

 

“... That’s... Yeah, okay. This one time.” Laughing, the other man parted ways with him once they entered the kitchen, walking over to rummage in his refrigerator. “Only because you might have to deal with an after we eat.”

 

“You’re my hero, Moon Jongup.” Grinning, Daehyun sat in a chair at the table, tilting his head to the side slightly. “Do you need any help?”

 

“That’s what we’re aiming for.” Winking at him, Jongup gathered the ingredients he needed and winked at Daehyun. “No, baby, I want to pamper you this morning. You just keep me company, okay?” Nodding, Daehyun settled comfortably into his chair, chatting away about various things as his new found love prepared their meal. Honestly, this had been the most at ease Daehyun had felt in a very long time.

 

 

Eating in comfortable companionship with Daehyun was the stuff of Jongup’s fantasies. How long had he dreamed about being with him, living side by side in harmony? Probably since the first time he had seen the beautiful creature. Daehyun had captured his heart and Jongup had never wanted it any other way.

 

“Uppie...” As the two washed dishes together after their meal, Daehyun began to sound unsure again, making Jongup wince and brace himself.

 

“Yeah, baby?” Reaching out a hand to brush hair off of Daehyun’s forehead, he stopped short, realizing his hand was wet and soapy.

 

“Where are we taking my stuff when we get it?” Not daring to look at him, Daehyun kept his eyes trained on the glass he was drying.+

 

“Here.” His explanation was short but there wasn’t much need for excess words. It was just a simply fact stated as such.

 

“I don’t want to burden you.” Biting his lip nervously, Daehyun turned to place the dry cup where it belonged. No longer caring if his hands were wet, Jongup pulled the other man against his chest in a gentle back hug, kissing his shoulder.

 

“You are not a burden to me, Daehyun.” Half whispering against Daehyun’s ear, Jongup smile. “Not at all.”

 

“I don’t even have a job.” Stiff in his arms, Daehyun seemed ready to push away at any moment.

 

“Are you worried I might think you’re using me?” It hurt to see Daehyun to tense and untrusting, especially toward him. He had to get to the bottom of why so he could help him. And he had to help him.

 

“I’m worried you’ll grow to resent me.” Having admitted his fears, Daehyun finally stepped away. Panicked that the other man might leave, Jongup reached out, lacing their finger together to stop him from walking away.

 

“Okay. That’ll never happen, Dae.” Sighing, Jongup shook his head and stepped closer to kiss Daehyun’s forehead. “But... Starting tomorrow, you can help me at the cafe if you’re worried.”

 

“Really?” Arms wrapped around Jongup and he allowed himself to relax, assured that, at least for the moment, Daehyun wasn’t leaving his side.

 

“I wouldn’t mention it if I weren’t serious, Dae.” Kissing his boyfriend lovingly, he rubbed the other man’s cheek. “I want to spend every moment I can with you anyway. And if you’re working at the cafe I can make sure you’re well fed.”

 

“Thank you, Jongup.” Sharing another kiss, they finally broke their embrace despite Jongup not really wanting to let Daehyun go.

 

“You really don’t need to thank me.” Finishing up the dishes, he and Daehyun returned to the bedroom to get changed for the day, Jongup providing Daehyun with a change of his own clothes to dress into. “I’m selfishly doing this because I don’t want to lose you.”

 

“Moon Jongup, I would have to be a fool to walk away from you.” Shoulder’s slumping from the alleviation of anxiety. Daehyun reacted like he always did when his apprehension faded away.

 

“You know, you’re cute when you do that.” Watching his boyfriend happily, he had to suppress a chuckle when Daehyun cocked his head to the side in confusion.

 

“Do what?” Hands dropping to his sides, it seemed as though Daehyun was waiting for some joke at his expense, something Jongup would never have done but something he knew that at least Yongguk had enjoyed.

 

“When you’re relieved, you have this habit of smiling just a little, kinda shyly, while you rub the back of your head and it’s just really adorable.” Shrugging, he felt his own cheeks heat, hoping Daehyun didn’t find the fact he knew his smallest mannerisms creepy. Maybe Jongup had been a little too attentive but it wasn’t something he could really help.

 

“Huh. I never even noticed.” A blush spread over his cheeks as well and Jongup smiled, pulling him into a tight hug.

 

“I guess I’m just weird.” Chuckling, he finished dresses and reached over to mess up Daehyun’s already combed hair, receiving a small glare before Daehyun stuck his tongue out and laughed quietly.

 

“No, Jongup. You’re amazing.” Finishing up his own dressing, Daehyun found his way into Jongup’s arms, resting his head on his shoulder.

 

“How dare you, Jung Daehyun.” Giving his best rendition of a scandalized gasp, Jongup pulled back slightly.

 

“What? I...” Nervousness appearing to grow inside the other man again, Jongup rushed to finish his theatrics before Daehyun could truly get upset.

 

“You’re the amazing one.” Grinning, he dropped the mock outrage and ruffled Daehyun’s hair again.

“You punk.” Aiming a light punch at his shoulder, Daehyun pouted and turned away. “I was worried I actually upset you.”

 

“Never.” Back hugging him, Jongup rained kisses over Daehyun’s neck and shoulder. “But you will have to get used to me playing with you.”

 

“With you, it probably wont be hard to get used to.” A soft exhale escaped Daehyun and Jongup knew everything was still okay between them. Better than okay, really.

 

“Good. Now... As much as I hate it, we should probably go get your stuff now.” Rubbing Daehyun’s hips, Jongup lingered in the embrace, enjoying the contact.

“How will we get it all here?” Leaning against Jongup’s chest, Daehyun had his eyes closed, both comfortable in their current situation.

“I have a car, Daehyun?”Chuckling, Jongup kissed along Daehyun’s jaw, letting his hands run up and down his love’s sides. “I only use it if I have to go shopping or long distances. This will be the most worthwhile thing I’ve used it for.”

 

“You’re the best thing I’ve used it for.” Mumbling, Daehyun put his hands over Jongup’s, lacing their fingers together and making it harder for Jongup to want to part so they could be productive.

“That doesn’t make any sense.” Laughing, his nipped at Daehyun’s earlobe, tugging gently.

“You don’t make any sense.” Pouting, Daehyun released his hands and turned in his arms. Wrapping his arms around Jongup’s neck, the two shared a passionate kiss, causing Jongup’s heart to flutter in his chest.

 

“Alright. I give. You cute little weirdo.” Shaking his head happily, Jongup took the other man’s hand gently. “Now we should really get ready.” As much as he’d rather spend the whole day alone in bed with the man he loved, Jongup had to accept that getting Daehyun’s belongings needed to be top priority.