chapter two

The social Experiment

Hyelyn carelessly rode her skateboard down the city walk way. She wasn't exactly your typical girl: baggy tee's complimented with jeans or sportswear, and a happy-go-lucky attitude. She heard a familiar voice calling for her further down in her direction, leaving her to slap her board off of the ground to stop herself.

It was Sanggyun, a close friend.

As soon as he reached her he collapsed his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"Your voice is like a pissed off infant gorilla throwing punches at the grass." Hyelyn casually stated. Sanggyun rolled his eyes and postured himself, unfolding a peice of paper. "What's that?" She asked.

"That social experiment show thing. I did the interview."

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna be on TV."

"Why?"

"Cause money..?" Sanggyun glared, "And also just to be on TV." then shrugged and smiled.

Hyelyn gave him a mild glare, letting her shoulders down, then pushed him out of the way. "Where's this place at? I'm gonna sign up."

"Why?"

"Cause money..?"

The two stood stationary, staring at each other with not a sound, though capable of reading each others minds from knowing one another too well. The silence broke with an outburst of sprinting down the walkway to the building Sanggyun was just at. But Hyelyn had reached the service counter seconds before Sanggyun, slamming her hands on the service desk with a goofy smile from trying to hold back her laughter from beating her friend. "Can I audition please?" She asked.

Sanggyun gave up, letting her have her way.

"Please put down your name, phone, and email on this paper and place it in that slot over there, then wait for your name to be called." The lady responded.

Hyelyn and Sanggyun sat down together in the lobby as she quickly filled out her information. Quickly passing it through the slot, she hurried back to Sanggyun. "So now what." She asked.

Sanggyun tsked with an annoyed glare. "She just said! You gotta wait to be called."

"Oh." Hyelyn didn't bother to hide her laughter this time. "Looks like I got myself into a pickle."

"Hey don't let them know we know each other." Her friend warned.

"Why?"

"Cause that's one of the questions."

"Right..."
 



Time passed and Hyelyn was finally called for her interview. She hardly took the interviewers seriously considering she only did this to annoy her friend.

Her interview was quickly over, and she was given the same sheet Sanggyun had gotten, and walked out without a care in the world.
 



Riiing

Sanggyun's phone went off.

"Heyo?"

"Hi, this is Myoui Rena calling to inform you have gotten one of the six parts for our show 'The Social Experiment.' Please show yourself to the Central building tomorrow evening at 5pm sharp for more information. Thank you! Have a wonderful evening!"
 



Riiing

Hyelyn's phone went off.

"Yo!"

"Hi, this is Myoui Rena calling to inform you have gotten one of the six parts for our show 'The Social Experiment.' Please show yourself to the Central building tomorrow evening at 5pm sharp for more information. Thank you! Have a wonderful evening!"
 



"Holy sh*t dude! I got the part!" Hyelyn exclaimed to Sanggyun, though she didn't exactly seem excited about it.

Sanggyun's eyes widened. "You're kidding right..?"

Hyelyn's jaw dropped. "Don't tell me..."

"I got the part too."

The two didn't really know what to say to each other, or how to feel.

"What happens if I don't show?" Hyelyn asked.

"I don't know.. They'd probably sue you or something. They're all evil in that industry.. They're like the closest things to god.. Except.. Like evil god's... So basically illuminat-"

"Buddy, not today! No no no!"

"Yeah whatever. You're too paranoid."

"I'm a realist."

"I politely disagree."

"Objected."

"Alright then, case closed."
 



[ the next day ]

Eight individuals all stood in a single filed line, side-by-side with the same lady from the phone instructing them.

"My name is Myoui Rena, and I will be your host throughout this six month journey. You have all been selected for a strangers project known as 'The Social Experiment.' Now I would like you all to introduce yourself to one another, and why you decided to tryout for this project. Whoever would like to volunteer first may step right in the center, and face everyone else please."

A rather scrawny girl with long dark hair gently waved her hand in the air with a shy grin on her face. "I'll go..!" Rena nodded and pointed her to the center of the room. "Uhmmm... Hi..! My name is Rose... I'm super excited and happy to meet you guys and I tried out for this because... Well I just wanted to try something new in my life since I finally have the chance." She clapped her hands together with a bright smile, and skipped back to her spot as the next volunteer went.

After all was said and done they learned the final contestants were Jennie, Rose, Jimin, Jooheon, Yongguk, Hyelyn, Sanggyun, and Solar. Rena retook their attention.

"You all will be given 24hrs to pack for this six month journey. All expenses are paid for this trip, so the only thing you need to bring are change of clothes. Please do not bring any devices such as phones, computers, etc. All emergency contacts have been filed and if you need to get ahold of them, please let us know. We will leave Sunday morning at 8am, so please arrive at 7am or we will leave without you. Further instructions will be said then. That's all for today, so please, get yourselves ready for this journey!"
 



[ sunday morning ]

"Good morning!" Rena hopped onto the private train where the half awake participants had waited. "I know you are all tired but the stuff I am about to say is very important so please listen carefully... Each month we will be moving cities. It is important that you know that not only is this an experiment with how well strangers can get along, but it is also a survival show too. Meaning you all have to work together to earn money, and fend for yourselves. We will provide the house and necessities for all of you in every transition, but the bare minimum. It is also important that you know we will be doing separate live interviews throughout the entire process for you to vocal your thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc. When we arrive to house number one you will all have one hour to yourselves before we hold the interviews. That is all! We will arrive at house #1 in about an hour!"
 



The eight individuals soon arrived at house #1, where they were each guided to their own separate rooms after the tour. A few of them chatted, and a few of them took the opportunity to get to know each other. They were all given a list of jobs they could choose from to make money, though they didn't have to look at it until after the interviews. They used this time to unwind, until the camera began rolling.
 



[ camera no_one : kim sang kyun_intrvw ]

"Uhh... My name is Kim Sanggyun and I uh.." The boy bursted out into laughter, with a cheesy smile across his face before continuing. "I don't really know anyone yet... I talked to a few of them..." He shrugged. "I guess we'll just have to see."
 



[ camera no_two : park rose_intrvw ]

"Hi!! I'm Rose! I'm really excited to have this opportunity..!" The shaky girl gave a nervous chuckle, rolling her eyes in thought of what to say. "I'm usually a pretty laid back person so I hope there won't be any issues with anyone... They all seem nice..! And Kim Jennie is very pretty I've noticed..!" Once again, she burst into a nervous laugh.
 



[ camera no_three : jooheon_intrvw ]

"It's ya boy Jooheon! Ayyyeee!" The boy puckered his lips in a careless thought. "I don't know.. I don't know anyone yet so I can't really say anything... I'll have something to say later though. Just you watch..!"
 



[ camera no_four : kim hyelyn_intrvw ]

"My names Hyelyn, I like onion rings and milkshakes. And my favorite color's pink." She nodded to herself and leaned back in her chair. "That's literally all there is to say about me."
 


[ end ]