Hibiscus Under the Rain

Tomorrow with You

A/N :

italic = thought

italic = song

 

 

 

--

 

Eunbi felt sadness has started to creep up in her when she watched Sojung walked away from her. She tore her gaze away from Sojung. It felt like a minute has passed when she felt a pair of hand covered her eyes. The hands which covered her eyes felt cold.

“Eunbi, instead of running away by yourself… why don’t you run away with me?” Sojung whispered.

 

--

 

Eunbi grasped Sojung’s hands to pry it open from her eyes. “What are you talking about?” she asked.

Sojung just smiled at her.

“I said, ‘what are you talking about?’ “ Eunbi repeated her question.

“Tomorrow,” with that said, Sojung left a flabbergasted Eunbi.

 

--

 

“Eunbi! Happy birthday! You are ten years old right now!” sounds of laughter and claps boomed in Eunbi’s ears.

“That’s right, it’s my birthday. Now, give me my present,” Eunbi cheekily asked.

“Now now don’t be hasty, we haven’t even ate your cake!”

“We?”

“Yah! Won’t you give me your cake?!”

Eunbi stuck her tongue out before an indignant shriek made her burst out into fits of giggles. But, in the end, Eunbi gave her cake and instead of a pout, she received a smile for that. And Eunbi’s tiny heart was swelling in warmth. Because even then, Eunbi has loved that person dearly.

 

“Birthday, huh?” Eunbi woke up from her nap with a memory of the booming sounds of laughter. She looked at the window and at the scenery outside. The clouds were dark and grey, just like her mind, cloudy. Prompting herself up using her arms against the windowsill, she hummed to herself.

 

How many birthdays have passed after that?

Birthdays have become just another empty day.

Yet, you are smiling,

either in memory

or even in my dreams,

you are smiling.

You

And when I thought of you

You, who always stay the same,

though everything has changed,

you are still the same.

Still the same.

And I cry cry

Because you are still the same.

Always the same.

 

Eunbi sighed. A face appeared in her mind, with the face, a name came to her. sojung.

“I wonder what she does when the sun is up,” Eunbi mumbled to herself, “Only ever meet her when it’s the time for the moon to shine.” Eunbi gasped. “Oh, is she secretly a vampire who could only go out at night?!”

--

 

Eunbi leaned against the wall facing the edge of the rooftop.

“Do you want to run away with me?”

Eunbi shrieked in surprised when the question came from beside her. She turned to find a smiling Sojung there.

“Could you appear normally?” Eunbi complained.

Sojung laughed. “Eunbi.”

“What is it?” Eunbi scrunched her nose.

CLICK

Flashes of camera’s light surprised her for a moment. “You are taking my photo again,” Eunbi stated.

“The proof that we met today,” Sojung replied simply.

“Hey, are you—“ a vampire? Eunbi wanted to ask but debating if it’s polite.

Sojung peered at Eunbi’s eyes. “Hm?”

“A vampire?” Eunbi looked at Sojung who’s looking at her.

A moment later, Sojung laughed so hard that she clapped her hands on her thigh. “A vampire, so funny.”

Eunbi’s face got red. “Yah!”

Sojung laughed some more. “Oh wow, never heard that before.”

Eunbi pouted. “Well, glad that you find it funny,” she deadpanned.

Sojung burst out into another fit of laughter. “Wha—what make you ask that?” Sojung’s laughs has calmed down into giggles.

Huffing, Eunbi explained, “Well, we only ever meet during the time where the moon shines. During the time where the sun glares at the world, we never meet.”

Sojung gazed at Eunbi then she tilted her head. “So, you want to meet me during the day as well?” Sojung smirked. “Do you miss me when you couldn’t see me?”

“What? No!” Eunbi turned beet red. A flash of light blinded her for a moment. “YAH! Why are you taking pictures again?!”

“Your face is pink. So cute,” Sojung replied nonchalantly while still taking Eunbi’s pictures.

“Wha—“

“So cute that my heart’s being squeezed,” Sojung added.

Eunbi flapped open then close. “You—you—“ how could she said that kind of things so easily?! This girl is—

“Hm?”

“Weird. You are weird.” This girl is weird. She knows nothing. Nothing about me, yet she said all these things.

“And you are cute, very adorably cute,” Sojung stated with a smile.

Eunbi turned her head away from Sojung, her neck was red. Why is she like this? Saying such things… it makes me want to cry… because while it’s strange, it sounds so sincere.

“Hey, Eunbi. Let’s go tomorrow,” Sojung said.

“Huh?” Eunbi forced herself to look at Sojung because her heart was still feeling weirdly sad and she still wanted to cry.

“Let’s start our day one of running away tomorrow.”

“You, do you actually remember what we talk about yesterday?” Eunbi couldn’t help but ask. Because she has been wondering just how Sojung’s memories work.

Sojung showed Eunbi the photos on her album. The sentence of ‘ask her to run away with me’ was written under the photos. “And so that I wouldn’t forget, I kept on repeating your name and your face in my mind, so that if I dream, it’ll be of you. And when I woke up and seeing your photos, I kept it in my mind, so that you will stay in my heart.”

Eunbi was at a loss of words.

“Because while my memory couldn’t remember you, my heart will. If the question is why, it’s because you are someone that I want to stay at my heart.”

Eunbi felt a lot of things were tumbling down inside her, it’s like an avalanche was happening. Because why should a stranger did so much for her. With that amount of warmth, I—she would kill me. Eunbi wanted to hit Sojung because she couldn’t express what she felt well without bursting. So, she did that, hitting Sojung’s arms. To her surprise, Sojung let her without retaliating.

“Why don’t you stop me?” Eunbi asked after a while. She’s been hitting the taller girl for quite some times. It should be easy for Sojung to stop her.

Sojung smiled. “Do you want me to stop you?”

“I…”

Sojung picked Eunbi’s hand and held it. “It’s going to rain. And it’s okay, I have an umbrella.”

Eunbi didn’t even know what Sojung was talking about but at the same time it felt like she did. “You are weird, Sojung. Really weird.”

Sojung laughed. She pulled Eunbi into her arms. “Tomorrow, I will pick you up when the sun is still glaring at earth.”

“We couldn’t leave the hospital.”

“Oh, but it’s called running away because we’re breaking rules, isn’t it?” Sojung smirked.

Eunbi giggled hearing Sojung’s mischievous reply. She leaned closer to Sojung’s hug. “You are warm,” Eunbi murmured agaist Sojung’s shoulder.

Sojung hummed in reply. After a moment of silence, she exclaimed, “Oh, it’s a date then.”

“…a date? EH?”

Sojung winked. “Yeah, a date.”

Despite her heart going on highly irrational rate, Eunbi, after such a long time, she felt like she wouldn’t hate for a tomorrow to come.

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n :

(´ ᴗ`✿)

an update! are you surprise?

also, anemone actually means fading hope but on a more positive note it symbolizes anticipation. so, anemone on twilight means that something will change on twilight, either in a good way or not, an anticipation for something to come

and for today trivia, hibiscus means gentleness and a rare and delicate beauty. and hibiscus under the rain meaning that even if it doesn't seem like it, something good will happen, even when it rains, there'll still be a delicate beauty in it and rains are often gentle,

if it rains wherever you are, use an umbrella, it might help for a bit

thank you for reading and commenting till now <3