The Moth is Drawn by The Beauty of The Yellow Tulip

Tomorrow with You

A/N :

italic = thought

 

 

 

“So, do you enjoy our date, today?” Sojung asked when they have arrived in front of Eunbi’s room.

Eunbi nodded shyly. “Today is fun. Really fun.”

Sojung smiled. “Me too, enjoy it a lot, thank you for today.” Sojung pulled Eunbi into a hug. “Shall we go on another date, tomorrow?”

“Sure,” Eunbi replied softly. Sojung smelt like sunshine and flower, she noted.

--

When she’s laying on the bed that night, Sojung’s soft voice from their dance at the park lulled her to sleep.

 

 

And darling, I want to walk with you

Darling, I want to spend the day with you

Walk with you under the cloudy sky

My darling, I want to spend the night with you

And dancing under the stars

My darling, would you stay with me?

And we will kiss under the mistletoe

Let’s sleep through the rain

And wake up with the sounds of the rain hitting the rooftop

Oh my darling,

Will you stay with me?

--

 

 

 

Eunbi walked through the hospital hall slowly. There’re less people now it’s already past evening. As she walked, she wondered how Sojung could find her room yesterday. Because she didn’t remember telling Sojung about it. Sojung didn’t appear today, she pondered what the tiny ache in her heart was. She has weighing the choice of asking the nurse about Sojung’s room.

When she pondered about it, Eunbi has arrived at the rooftop. She looked up at the darkened sky. She still didn’t feel that the sky was beautiful. Yet, right now as she gazed at the sky, the things that run through her mind, Eunbi noticed that it’s filled with Sojung. Of the things they did together. Eunbi sighed.

 

 

Why? What is this pain? When you aren’t here why do i— a hint of emptiness has been seeping into her heart but along with it a tinge of happiness peeked outside of her heart.

“I am tired! Why couldn’t you just shut your mouth?”

“I am your wife! Should you really be talking to me like that?!”

“Aaa toot toot, who do you think work hard to put the food in the table?”

“Who indeed. Wonder where my parents’ money went to, huh?”

“You!”

“If it isn’t for—“

 

 

Eunbi closed her eyes. She exhaled deeply when an unpleasant memory flashed through. Sojung. She yelped when she felt a pair of cold hands covered both of her eyes. She’s about to ask who but the smell of flowers and sunshine stopped her.

“Eunbi,” come a soft voice from behind her.

“Sojung,” Eunbi said.

She felt Sojung slowly uncover her eyes.

“Why do you like to cover my eyes so much?” Eunbi asked.

Sojung smiled. “Some things are probably better if we don’t see, I think,” Sojung stared at her, “Hm?”

Eunbi was staring at Sojung with a mixed feeling. Why are you here so suddenly like this? Even when I call your name—I don’t—how do you even appearing here?

“Oh, are you allowed to drink milk?” Sojung asked.

“It’s so random, but yeah.”

“Do you know that we could drink some water from cactus when we’re getting lost in the desert?”

Eunbi frown. “Sure, will keep that in mind if ever we get lost in the desert—huh, wait, we?”

“Of course it would be ‘we’,” Sojung winked, “I wouldn’t let you get lost in the desert alone.”

Eunbi was strangely feeling comforted.

“And, when a vampire goes to school, what would their favorite subject be?” Sojung looked at her expectantly.

Eunbi shrugged.

“The answer would be nothing because a vampire likes to sleep more than studying.” Sojung still looked at her. “Oh oh, do you know what would be a pirate favorite subject at school?”

“They wouldn’t be going to school because they would be busy pirating stuffs.”

“Beep. It would be arrrrtttt of course,” Sojung replied with a toothy grin.

Eunbi rolled her eyes but the corners of her mouths were already curling up. “Dork.”

Sojung laughed. “Do you think pirate will like arrrrgon or gold more?”

“Arrgon of course?”

“Beep. It would definitely gold. The treasure is always gold, never arrrrgon.”

Despite finding it to be corny, Eunbi giggled. She caught Sojung to be smiling softly. For a moment, she’s struck by it.

“Hm?”

“Ah no, your camera, give it to me for a moment,” Eunbi asked.

Sojung did as Eunbi asked. Her eyes were widening in surprise when Eunbi pointed the camera at her followed with a click.

“Why are you taking my pictures?” Sojung asked after Eunbi gave the camera back at her.

Eunbi looked at Sojung. “You said you are taking pictures as the proof of your memories. Just then, I think I want to keep the memories of you, you looked beautiful and I want to keep it.”

Sojung raised her eyebrow. Eunbi, realizing what she has just said clumped shut. “For—forget it.”

Sojung laughed. “I will forget it yeah.”

Eunbi heard a click, she turned to Sojung who was taking her picture. “I will forget the exact moment or your cute voice when you said that, but this photo of you being adorably cute will still exist. And then I would still keep you with me, to remain with me through this photo. Is that not why you take picture of me before?”

Eunbi flushed pink. Something that has been a habit ever since she met Sojung. She looked at Sojung who was looking at her, Eunbi felt like she wanted to averted her eyes but she couldn’t find it in her to do that.

“I like your smile,” Sojung said, smiling softly, “There is sunshine in your smile.”

Amidst the raising heartbeat and her heated cheeks, something else was brewing inside her as Eunbi looked at Sojung. She took a step closer to Sojung who’s just watching her. She kept on walking closer to Sojung until they’re just inch apart. Eunbi pressed herself to Sojung, she wasn’t sure if she’s allowed to hug Sojung with both of her hands, so she just awkwardly leaned onto Sojung.

“Hm?” Sojung pulled her into a hug instead. “Ah, I miss hugging you today. You should probably hug me often, Eunbi,” Sojung whispered.

So, Eunbi sneaked both of her hands around Sojung’s waist, hugging her tightly. Eunbi thought that she’s like a moth. Like a moth drawn to the light. She’s drawn to Sojung’s warmth.

 

--

 

“Eunbi, do you know the difference between a butterfly and a moth?”

Eunbi looked at the girl beside her. “What is it?” both of their feet were leaving trails at the beach.

“Some people said that butterfly is beautiful and moth isn’t.” the girl was looking at the sea. “The thing is, moth is as beautiful as butterfly. Some of them do have dull colors but some have bright colorful colors.”

Eunbi noticed that far away glance.

“Butterfly is sweet cute little thing. Moth is a poisonous little thing. Butterfly is frail. Moth has longer life span. Butterfly is living in the morning. Moth is living during the night.”

Eunbi tried to catch the girl’s hand. She held it tight. The girl turned to her. A soft smile on her face. “Moth is attracted to light but it will be its downfall as well.”

“You are spewing weird facts now,” Eunbi stated.

“You listened so well though, I know you enjoy it,” the girl winked.

“Well no, I just—I like your voice.”

The girl laughed. “You are cute, Eunbi.”

“Shut your pretty face,” Eunbi pouted while the girl laughed in mirth.

--

 

 

 

a/n :

thank you for reading and commenting till now <3

for today trivia, yellow tulip means 'you have a nice smile, it's like sunshine'

and butterly is cute while moth is often seen as a pesky insect, it probably is. do i like moth? not really.

but some do look beautiful but poisonous.

(´ ᴗ`✿)