A Best Friend and like a Family

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been almost a month since that day when Woohyun and I fought but it seems like nothing happened. We went back to normal, Woohyun being so clingy and touchy while I’m still trying so hard to hide the fact that I’m in love with my best friend.

It’s also been almost a month since Sungyeol transferred and I must say he’s a really funny guy and fun to be with. We all like him because he’s just chill and great well except for Woohyun that is.

Woohyun doesn’t like Sungyeol. Actually that would be an understatement because Woohyun really hates Sungyeol because of some unknown reason. I kept asking him why he hated Sungyeol and he would always reply with “I just hate his guts.” He’s not making any sense so I don’t push it further.

As for Sungyeol, maybe he senses that Woohyun hates him so he’s hate him as well. In short they both hate each other but luckily they always act civil with each other. We don’t complain anymore since it’s better they’re not talking with each other often than argue all the time. 


Anyway, we’re currently at the cafeteria talking and laughing with each other. I’m sitting beside Woohyun and as usual he’s stealing my food again. I just shook my head.


“Oh yeah Woohyun and Howon hyung I heard you guys had a week of soccer training in Gangwon-do when will it be?” Myungsoo asked as he snatched a fry from Sungyeol. Hmmm. I guess those two are quite close.


“Yeah we have, it’s happening next week I think we’ll have to leave this weekend right Woohyun?” Howon asked. We all turned to Woohyun and he was smiling like an idiot.


Woohyun and Howon are soccer players in our school and from what Woohyun told me this training is required for them to get ready physically and strategically for the national competition. 


“A week without the two most annoying person in the world. This will be a fun week. Hey Howon hyung can I borrow your x-box while you’re gone?” Sungjong asked smirking


“You think I would let you after what you just said you brat” Howon fired back and everyone laughed except Dongwoo. Yeah, well he’s sad his boyfriend will be gone for a week who wouldn’t?


“Woo, come on don’t be sad it’s just a week and I promised to call you everyday. Besides it’s just in Gangwon-do it’s not like we’ll be going overseas. Stop pouting already or I’ll kiss you in front of our friends” Howon said while hugging Dongwoo to his waist.


“Ewwww! Oh God! Please don’t I don’t want another nightmare” Sungjong said dramatically. We all laughed after, including Dongwoo. 

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 


“Gyu, you should be helping me pack for the training not eat and watch me pack on my own” Woohyun said rolling his eyes on me. I was laying on his bed while munching some chips I got from their kitchen. I giggled when I saw him having a hard time squeezing his clothes inside his bags.I sigh. What would this guy do without me? He doesn’t even know how to arrange his clothes. 


“Hyun, you should fold your clothes properly so it could fit in your bags. You’re already in high school you should know how to fold them properly” I told him still laying on his bed


“Hyung, that’s why you’re here because you’re supposed to be helping me not nag or just watch there” he whined and I laughed.

I got up and sit next to him on his mini couch. I took his clothes from him and started folding them. I saw him smiled and I turned to him.


“Like you said I should he helping you not doing all the work you brat” I said to him and flicked his forehead. I chuckled.


“Ouch! Gyuuuuu” he pouted and whined. But started copying what I was doing and I smiled. We did the rest of packing silently.

It was a Friday night and Woohyun will be heading to Gangwon-do tomorrow morning with Howon and the other soccer players. They’ll be coming back next Saturday. We started putting his clothes in the bag when suddenly his phone rings. It was Bomi. I pouteda little.


“Hello Bomi? …. Yeah, I’m already packing my stuff. … I’ll be leaving at around 8 am tomorrow morning … Yeah a bus will take us from school to the training camp in Gangwon-do … No, you don’t have to really. It’s a weekend and it’s too early. Besides Sungkyu hyung will be sending me off” I heard Woohyun’s side of the conversation. I looked at him when he said my name and I looked at him confusedly but he just smiled at me. 


Sometimes I forget that Woohyun has a girlfriend but then like a slap on my face things like this happens making me remember he’s not mine entirely. I sigh internally. He’s not yours Sungkyu. He’ll never be. Stop hoping it’ll just hurt you more.

“Thanks Bomi, I’ll text you tomorrow when we leave. I’ll call you everyday okay? …. Yeah I know. Bye Bomi, Goodnight” Woohyun said a bit guilty.

I know that face. She probably said the 3 words again. 


Well as much as Woohyun tells me he loves me. He never said those words to any of his girlfriends or boyfriends. He just simply tells them he likes them. Which somehow eases my aching heart I mean at least he loves me even though I know it’s just because we’re best friends. But knowing I’m that important to him is actually enough for me. I think.


“Why can’t you just say you love her back instead of feeling guilty with not saying it back. It would probably make you feel better you know” I said to him. He looked at me like I have 2 heads or something. Did I say something weird?


“Gyu, it doesn’t work like that. It doesn’t mean that when you like someone you can tell them you love them even though you don’t. It’ll be unfair to them. Love is a very strong word you can’t just say that to anyone without meaning it. It’s something special it has to be meaningful.” Woohyun said expertly


“Is that why you haven’t told any of your exes or Bomi those 3 words? Because you don’t love them? Why did you date them though if you don’t love them?” I asked curiously he chuckled.


“I dated them because I liked them and they liked me. There was a mutual understanding between me and them. But it doesn’t mean I have to say I love them when I don’t love them” He replied


“You always say it to me though. It’s not hard for you to say it to me but it’s hard for you say it to your exes? That’s a bit absurd I think” I told him honestly. I’m just your best friend yet you love me more than them.


“Gyu, that’s different. You’re different. You’re my best friend. You’re the first friend I had and I can’t bear the thought of losing you because I really do love you. You’re like a family to me and something more. Don’t compare yourself to them because you’re incomparable” He said smiling. My heart is confused. Should I be happy that I’m more important to him than them or be sad that I’m special because I’m his best friend and like a family to him. Nonetheless, I still smiled at him.

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 

“Finally class has ended already” Myungsoo said from his seat stretching his arms then arranged his things.


“Myungsoo you’re already tired? It’s only  Monday you know. We still have 4 days of hell left” Sungjong said and Myungsoo groaned


“I agree I miss Howon so much already” Dongwoo said pouting. I laughed at him


“Oh come on! You’ve got to be kidding me. You were just talking to him during lunch” Sungyeol said to him and we all laughed more.


“Oh yeah, guys you should go home first. I‘ll head to the library first. I’ll do some researching then arrange Woohyun’s notes” I said then we all bid goodbyes. Since Woohyun’s gone for a week he’ll miss a lot and he was feeling bad for himself so I told him I’ll take care of it and I was happy to do it I even got a kiss on the cheek from him which caused me to blush. I always blush whenever that stupid puppy kisses me or hugs me. 


“Hyung wait” I heard someone shout so I turned to look who it was. I found Sungyeol running.


“Hey Yeol, what’s up? Did you forget something?” I asked when he finally reache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter