Chapter 2: Health Crisis

Even Blue Roses Have Thorns

“Welcome Back,” Shownu said as he dropped the firewood beside the fire.

“How is he?” Wonho said worryingly as he squatted down beside Kihyun who had been tending to Jooheon.

“Honestly, not good. I think we should stay here for the night. ” He explained with a troubled look on his face. Jooheon was covered in sweat and the black markings of the curse had begun to spread further up his arm. Minhyuk slowly came closer to Jooheon without saying a word. He was usually very cheerful and playful, however, his guilt increased the worse Jooheon got.

“Can you watch him? I’ll go take care of that” Kihyun sighed, nudging in the direction of a pouty Minhyuk.

“Yeah no worries,” Wonho said with a soft and understanding look. Kihyun quickly showed Wonho how to wipe away his sweat and then got up and headed towards Minhyuk who was deep in thought.

“Ya, How long are you going to pout and ignore me?” Kihyun said, taking a seat beside the other. Minhyuk had felt guilty and tried to avoid Kihyun. After all, it was his fault and thanks to him they had to go on this stupid journey for a rare herb that they probably wouldn’t be able to find.

“Hello?” Kihyun said, waving his hand in front of Minhyuks face. I mean, if you don’t want to cuddle that’s fine by me. He huffed as he stood up and began to walk away. Minhyuk quickly reached out and grabbed the others hand pulling him into his lap.

“I’m sorry, baby.” He said softly as he wrapped his arms around Kihyun and rested his head on his back.

“It’s fine” Kihyun whispered and made himself comfortable in the other's lap, playing with Minhyuks fingers that were wrapped around him.

“By the way, what happened to Wonho?” Kihyun asked. “He seems on edge or annoyed or something.”

“Ughhhhh…..” Minhyuk paused.

“ here lost track of that guy,” Hyungwon said out of nowhere with his eyes still closed. He had been laying down on Shownu’s lap ever since they got back.

“SHHHHHH” Minhyuk hushed, throwing a stick at the other.

“What? It’s true” Hyungwon yawned.

“Hyungwon, stop” Shown said as he patted Hyungwons head.

“Fine” He sighed before turning to face Shownu’s chest.

"Anyways, we should probably rest we need to get moving. I don't know how much longer Jooheon can last," Kihyun said as he turned to face Minhyuk.

"Yeah," Minhyuk replied as he nudged the other to stand up.

Minhyuk, Kihyun, and Hyungwon prepared to go to sleep well Hyungwon was already asleep.

Shownu stood up and headed towards Wonho who was still taking care of Jooheon.

"Do you think that person is dangerous?" Shownu asked.

Wonho jumped slightly as he was shocked by the sudden voice.
"You scared me," He laughed as he continued to wipe away the sweat from Jooheons forehead.

" Honestly, I'm not too sure," He sighed.

"Either way, I think it would be best if we get up early and  keep going, just to be safe"

Shownu nodded in agreement. When everyone had finally settled for the night, they decided to take turns in looking after Jooheon. Wonho and Minhyuk spent most of the night looking after him alongside Hyungwon who woke up occasionally. After all, the three of them were vampires. When the sun began rising everybody started to wake up.  The group quickly packed up and headed on their way. At this point, they were halfway through the forest. They needed to move fast as they weren't sure how much more Jooheons body could take from the Banshees curse.

"How much longer do you think we have left?" Wonho asked.

"It shouldn't be that much longer, we have almost reached the outskirts of the forest," Kihyun said.
Everyone was pretty relaxed, the journey had been safe so far and they thought that they would make it out without any problems.  However, the person last night was still in the back of Wonhos's mind. Wonho blanked out thinking about who he was and what he was doing in the forest.  Honestly, he was having mixed emotions as to whether the person was a friend or foe. Originally he had thought that it was a hunter but if he was, why would he run?
Wonho felt a sudden tug on his arm which caused him to fall to the ground.

"What was that for?"  he yelled.

"What, you weren't looking? Over there," Hyungwon pointed.
They had come across a group of hunters. The group was small, but that could only mean one of two things. Either the group was only from a small clan or the group was a high-class, Elite hunting group.

Either way, it was bad news for Wonhos group.

"What do you think they're doing? " Minhyuk Whispered.

"Not sure, it looks like they're looking for something or someone," Wonho replied with a puzzled look on his face.

"What should we do, should we just wait and see what happens or should we go?" Minhyuk asked again.

"We need to go! Jooheon is getting worse, we don't have much time," Kihyun said with panic in his voice.

Everyone turned and looked back to Jooheon. It was easy to tell that the boys' health had decreased from this morning. The curse has spread up his right cheek and the black markings were clearly visible.  He also began to sweat more and his body was starting to get cold.

Wonho nodded in agreement. Let's go this way, just to be safe.  Stay low and be quiet, he commanded.