Chapter 1: Chasing A Scent

Even Blue Roses Have Thorns

Have you ever been so desperate to find something that you would literally follow a stranger just because a scent that you picked up? Probably not… However, that was the current situation. Wonho had suddenly pursued chase on a random person that they had found in the forest. Now, Normally I would be common to come across random people in a forest. After all, there were many different species and people that resided in the forest. However, they weren't in just any forest. They were in spirit walker territory.

To enter you need one of three things.
1) You either need to be a forest walker or have a forest walker with you. This is how Wonho and his group had gotten in. His friends Kihyun was a Forest Walker. More precisely and elf. Meaning that it was extremely easy for them to enter the forest.
2) Have a forest stone or Jewel. The forest jewels are gifted to those who protect the forest or are close friends to a forest walker or spirit. 
3) Have a strong magical resistance to the forests song. The Forest Walkers forest is extremely dangerous for those who do not meet one of he three requirements of the forest. However, there are many hunters that have received forest stones from their slaves. As such the forests are frequently used as hunting grounds for the hunters guild and slave traders.

“Minhyuk, Stick close to him, I’m going to cut him off” Wonho commanded before dropping back and taking a sharp left.

“Got it!” Minhyuk winked as he sped up, trying to close the gap between him.

“For a hunter he is quite fast, isn’t he baby?” He asked to Hungwon who was following behind silently.

“Yeah….And don’t call me that” he said nonchalantly.

“” Minhyuk said suddenly stopping in his tracks.

“Looks like the little flower is quite fast” He laughed smirking slightly smirking.

“His going to kill you” Hyungwon added.

“Can’t kill me if I’m already dead” Minhyuk joked.

Hyungwon rolled his eyes as he scanned the area in front of them. As for who they were chasing well…even they didn’t know. The group was walking through the forest. It was a short cut to a village where a market for rare herbs was held. The group was searching for a herb called sun tear, which was an extremely rare and expensive herb. The herb could be used to counter a banshee’s curse. As to why they needed it, you could thank Minhyuk for that one. He had played a joke on Jooheon thinking that it was something less dangerous. However, as they soon realised. It wasn’t a harmless spirit but a banshee. Jooheon had been cursed by the banshee and if they don’t get their hands on the sun tear soon he would die.

Since Kihyun was a forest walker, they had decided to take the quicker route through the forest. For the most part they had been lucky and hadn’t run into anyone until just a few minutes ago when they had decided to rest. Jooheon was getting more and more tired as the trip went on and they decided to rest as they were close to the village. They had begun to set up for the night when Wonho had picked up the scent of something which immediately made him chase after the mysterious person. Kihyun, Shownu and Jooheon stayed together and Minhyuk, Hyungwon and Wonho gave chase

“UGH!” Hyungwon suddenly shouted. Minhyuk jumped and leaped a couple of steps back before beginning to whine.
“What was that for, you scared me to death” He pouted.
“You can’t kill what’s dead” He snapped sarcastically.

“Yeah, Yeah….Lets just go this way” Minhyuk pointed as he begun to walk in the direction they had last seen the person go. The two continued to walk until they met up with Wonho.

“Yo” Minhyuk said, waving towards wonho who looked pissed. A hand suddenly hit the back of Minhyuks head causing him to yelp and squat to the group while he rbbed the back of his head.

“I thought I said don’t lose him ”  Wonho Nagged

“Sorry” Minhyuk pouted.

“Now what” Hyungwon asked, with little to no interest in his voice. Hyungwon had only two interests… Sleep and Coffee. Besides that, getting him to do anything was rare, unless you were Wonho that is.

“Lets head back, I think we should keep moving” Wonho said.