6/10

True Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: And here is the “aftermath” of that horrible revelation day. D:

“I didn’t know that you were disapproving of homouality,” Yunho frowned at his younger cousin.

Changmin returned the frown. “What kind of comment is that, hyung? You know that I don’t disapprove of homouality. The only time I ‘disapprove’ of it is when you and your boyfriend go at it in public places!”

“You caught us in the living room one time! One time! And how is the living room a ‘public place’?!”

“Because I saw you and practically had to scratch my eyes out at the horrific scene.”

“It’s my living room,” Yunho grumbled a bit. He had to admit that when he allowed Changmin to live with him, he didn’t take into consideration the fact that he and his boyfriend wouldn’t be able to do it anywhere and everywhere in his apartment anymore…

Ah, well, what’s done is done. Yunho now had more pressing worries.

Like the fact that his cousin had spent the past few days moping around the apartment.

It was like Changmin had become a toxic, contagious, depressive gas. Gloom and doom seemed to have spread all over Yunho’s apartment since that afternoon Changmin returned from the business party. Yunho couldn’t believe it, but he actually preferred the evil Changmin over this moping one. Who knew that he’d actually miss the evil, snarky side of Changmin?

“I really don’t get why you’re wallowing in self-pity, Min,” Yunho said as he shook his head.

“What part of my ‘girlfriend’ not actually being a ‘girl’ and my relationship being a big, fat lie did you not understand?” Changmin retorted.

“Okay, you were shocked by the truth. But it’s not the end of the world. Nor does it have to be end of your relationship.”

“Have you gone mad, hyung?! Kyuna—I mean, Kyuhyun’s been lying to me all this time!”

Yunho raised an eyebrow. “Did he actually tell you that he was a woman?”

“Well, no, but—”

“Then, he didn’t lie.”

Changmin glared at Yunho. , his hyung was trying to be logical and technical when Changmin’s heart was worse than broken! His heart was missing, and he still had to deal with Yunho’s logic and technicalities! “You know what I meant! He knew that I thought that he was a woman! He knew that from the start! Yet he never bothered to correct me!”

“Didn’t you tell me before that you really had to persuade him to start a relationship with you? Maybe that was why he was hesitant. He was a guy and not what you thought he was,” Yunho shrugged.

“But why didn’t he tell me then? Why didn’t he tell me when I met him? It was obvious from the day we met that I thought that he was a woman and saw him in a romantic sense! Or why didn’t tell me when I was trying to persuade him to try a relationship? Or even during those months that we were already together? Why did I have to find out the truth only when we ran into his ex?! Would he have even told me the truth if we hadn’t ran into Siwon, or would he have continued deceiving me???”

By the end of his speech, Changmin was breathing heavily, and his eyes were getting teary again. He stubbornly blinked back the tears.

Yunho just listened to Changmin’s rant. He knew that Changmin had to let out all the hurt and pain and confusion that he was feeling.

They were silent for a while before Yunho started talking again.

“You know, I can’t really answer your questions, Min,” the older man said quietly. “No one can… Except Kyuhyun himself.”

Changmin didn’t respond and just stared down at his lap.

“Only Kyuhyun can answer your questions, Changmin. I think that you should stop ignoring him and hear him out.”

Yunho gestured his hand toward Changmin’s phone, which was on the coffee table in front of them. And which had been flooded by text messages and missed calls from Kyuhyun.

All of which Changmin had ignored. He had put his phone on silent mode. But the messages and calls kept comping, so Changmin completely turned his phone off by yesterday.

Changmin quickly shook his head at Yunho’s suggestion.

Yunho narrowed his eyes. “Stop being stubborn,” he said firmly. Sometimes, Changmin’s biggest enemy was his own self.

“I can’t do it, hyung.”

“Why the hell not?”

“I don’t think my heart can handle it… It was so painful, hearing the truth. And after I found out the truth, being near Kyuhyun at the park during that day added to the pain. It was painful being near the person that I cared a lot for and just fooled me.”

“At least let him explain,” Yunho urged, trying to reason with his younger cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter