New kids

Forbidden Love 2 (Hyun family/ Taekook)

'Taehyung'. Daehyun called as Taehyung walked inside the house.

Taehyung had just gotten home from his nightly task of watching the new neighbor to make sure there was no sign of vampire activity. It was something Suho had all the boys of his group do. Even though there was finally peace in their neighborhood since Yongguk was killed along with all of his followers. Suho didn't want to take any chances of vampire activity starting up again.

'Yes, appa?' 

'Why did you agree to stay out all night? You know you have school in less than an hour'. Daehyun looked at Taehyung and saw how tired he was from lack of sleep.

'Uncle Suho gave me an assignment. I couldn't turn it down. He's the leader of the group'.

Daehyun crossed his arms. 'But, I'm your father. I come before Suho, got it?'

Taehyung looked at his father confused. 'I thought you were friends again'. 

'We are. But listening to your father should be more important than listening to Suho. He doesn't have to worry about school life anymore. But you do'.

Taehyung sighed. 'Alright, appa. I'm sorry. But you know I take this responsibility uncle Suho gave me seriously'.

Daehyun nodded and put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. 'I know. You're just like your eomma'.

Taehyung saw Daehyun bite his lip and look away. He knew his father was still having a hard time after losing Baekhyun. 

Taehyung had tried to comfort him, but no matter what he did, he saw Daehyun fall deeper into sadness and loneliness. 

Taehyung wanted Baekhyun back just as badly as Daehyun did. The only way he knew to keep Baekhyun's memory alive was to continue where he left off. Protecting his father and the neighborhood from evil vampires.

Daehyun turned back to Taehyung and saw scars on his hands and arms from all the fighting he had been doing at night.

'Taehyung, go get ready for school before you're late'.

Taehyung saw Daehyun staring at his arms and hands and quickly covered them. 'Okay, appa'. He said as he made his way passed Daehyun. But he suddenly turned back towards his father.

'Appa, don't worry. I'm okay. For once there's no threats anywhere nearby. We can live peacefully now'.

Daehyun sighed and sat down at one of the dining room chairs. 'It's just not the same without your eomma. We can't be the family that he always wanted. A normal family without worrying about wolves or vampires'.

'Appa...' Taehyung went over and sat down next to Daehyun. 'I know eomma is never coming back. But he wouldn't want you to live like this. To dwell on the past and to hate yourself for not being able to save him. He'd want us to be happy'.

Daehyun nodded. 'I know. It's just hard to move on when everything here reminds me of him. This is where we first met and fell in love. We became a family and had you'. Daehyun looked at Taehyung then began looking around the room. 'This house has so many good and bad memories to it'.

'We can keep making good memories and be the family eomma wanted'.

'I would like that, but I just can't without your eomma'. Daehyun looked down at the table and sighed. 'Which is why I think it's best if we move'.

Taehyung's eyes got wide as he sat in shock by Daehyun's words. 'Move? Where?'

'I don't know yet. But I think it's time to leave this town'.

'But, appa...I'm still going to school here. My uncles live right next door. What about my job with uncle Suho?'

'I'm sorry, Taehyung. It's over'.

'Appa!'

'Taehyung. Your eomma never wanted you to live this life'.

'What?'

'He didn't want you to be mixed up in this life of killing vampires. He wanted you to live a happy, normal life without fighting for your life or trying to hide who you are. He knew how dangerous this life is. He didn't want you to go through the things he went through'.

'Why are you telling me this now? You said eomma would be proud of me for following in his footsteps'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I couldn't upset you with the truth when I saw how happy and excited you were to continue fighting where your eomma left off. But you're older now, so you need to know the truth. But just know, your eomma would of been proud of you no matter what. He risked his life for you every day. He loved you more than you know'.

'Appa, I can't turn my back on my uncles now. We've come too far to bring peace to this neighborhood. There hasn't been any vampire sightings for awhile now'.

'Good. You can focus on your studies now'. Daehyun looked at the clock on the wall. 'You are late for school'. Daehyun put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder and pushed him towards the stairs.

'Five minutes to get ready. Go!'

'Okay. I'm going'.

Taehyung made his way upstairs to his room and shut the door. He changed clothes and cleaned the dirt from his face, arms and hands before heading back downstairs.

He found his father waiting for him by the door. 'Hurry!'

'Okay'.

Daehyun hugged him and shut the door behind him. He knew Baekhyun would of been against sending Taehyung to public school, because he would have to hide who he really was. He couldn't even eat lunch with the other kids because he had a different diet than they did. But Daehyun thought it was the only way for Taehyung to try and have a normal life. He was doing his best to try and give Taehyung the life Baekhyun wanted.

 

Daehyun made his way to the backyard after Taehyung left. He went over to Baekhyun's headstone and sat down next to it. He spent time with Baekhyun every day. Sometimes he would be there all day and either Taehyung or someone from Suho's group would have to bring him inside.

Daehyun always felt the closest to Baekhyun while he was sitting next to the headstone. Mostly because it was where he always found his lover at night watching over him.

'Baek...I know I always say this when I come see you, but I really am truly sorry I wasn't able to help fight Yongguk. I wish I could of brought you back again. Taehyung and I need you. I'm doing what I can, but it's just not the same without you'.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's grave and ran his hand across it.

'I told Taehyung that I think we should move because everything here reminds me of you and it's tearing me apart. But if we move, I know I'll be leaving you behind, and I can't do that. I love you so much'.

Tears started escaping Daehyun's eyes, but he didn't bother to wipe them away. He didn't even care if anyone from Suho's group saw him this way. They were used to it even though they had been trying to help him move on. But he was too attached to Baekhyun to move on.

Daehyun sat there in a crying mess and suddenly felt something he had never felt before. He felt something warm on his arm rubbing up against it. He looked down but didn't see anything. He looked around but still didn't see anything. He shrugged it off and continued sitting there mourning Baekhyun.

A few minutes later, he felt the same sensation he just felt. He didn't know what it was, but it started to calm him.

The sensation he was feeling, was none other than Baekhyun's spirit trying to comfort his grieving lover. Baekhyun was in his wolf form, leaning against Daehyun's arm trying to comfort him.

Baekhyun's spirit had been watching over Daehyun and Taehyung ever since Baekhyun died. He had to make sure his boys were safe, but he also hated seeing Daehyun so broken and not being able to do anything about it. All he wanted was to comfort Daehyun and let him know he was still with him, but he couldn't.

 

Taehyung made his way to school. As he walked down the sidewalk, he noticed a moving van parked outside one of the houses. He looked at the house and realized it was one of the houses Suho had him watch. He didn't realize the owner was moving out.

Taehyung wanted to stay and find out more about the new neighbor, but he knew if he didn't get to school soon, his father would kill him.

When he got to school, the hallways were empty. He tried to make his way to class without getting caught by the principal.

He managed to make it to his classroom with no problem. But had to endure all the stares from everyone when he opened the door.

'Nice of you to finally join us, Taehyung'. The teacher said. 'Quickly take your seat'.

Taehyung nodded and made his way down a row of chairs. When he got to his seat, he saw that it was already occupied by someone he had never seen before.

The boy had his head on the desk, and didn't pay any attention to Taehyung.

'Hey'. Taehyung kicked the leg of the desk. 'This is my seat'.

The boy lifted his head and glared at Taehyung. 'This seat is taken. Go find another one'.

'No. You're in my seat'.

'Taehyung!' The teacher called out. 'Just sit at another desk for now and stop interrupting class'.

Taehyung sighed and moved to an empty desk. 'As he sat down, he noticed the boy look over at him and gave him a smirk as he laid his head back on the desk.

Taehyung wanted to know who this new boy was, and let him know he was messing with the wrong person.

Taehyung suddenly felt his wolf powers trying to come out. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down. The last thing he needed was to blow his secret in front of everyone.

 

During the day, Taehyung saw a few other students he didn't recognize. Since Suho had him watching houses at night, he knew a majority of everyone at school. He had a feeling Suho would have him help watch the new student's houses. He was just surprised there was so many new students over night.

He tried to not think about it as he made his way to lunch. He always had to eat his lunches away from everyone. Daehyun packed him special lunches to help his wolf and vampire cravings. The students would freak out if they saw Taehyung eating raw meat and drinking blood.

 

As Taehyung sat next to one of the trees and ate his lunch, he noticed the new boy from his class sitting with the new students he saw in the hallway.

Taehyung thought it was strange how close the new students seemed to be with each other. But they were talking and laughing as if they had known each other for years.

The boys all looked over at Taehyung and started whispering. 

'What are you staring at?' One of them said.

Taehyung looked away from them and finished his lunch. Then started making his way back to the building, passing the new group of boys as he did.

He could feel the glares from each of them, but tried to ignore them. He knew if he gave into them, he wouldn't be able to stop his powers from coming out.

As Taehyung passed the group of boys, he got a strong whiff of them and stopped in his tracks. He knew that smell, and he smelled it on each one of them. The smell of vampires.