Please believe me

Forbidden Love 2 (Hyun family/ Taekook)

Taehyung kept a close eye on the new boys at school the best he could. He didn't have classes with all of them which made it harder for him to find out more about them so he could tell his uncles about them.

Taehyung noticed he had a few more classes with the boy who took his seat earlier that day. He saw the boy give him a few glares when he noticed Taehyung watching him.

Taehyung looked away and tried to listen to the teacher, but he was more Interested in these new vampires at school. What were they doing here? And were they a threat?

 

When school ended, Taehyung followed the boys home. He kept his distance and watched them carefully.

They were all going to the same place, Taehyung saw them heading towards the house with the moving van he saw this morning.

'Do you think this place is the best place for us?' The older boy asked.

'It's the best place to continue what we started. You saw the school, so many young people in this town that will benefit our team'.

The boys smiled at each other, then one of them turned towards Taehyung. 

'We have company'.

'I knew I smelled something'.

Taehyung saw the boys walking over to him and started running.

His house was just a block away, he ran as fast as could. 

He was almost to his house when he felt someone grab his arm. 

Taehyung turned and tried to pull away, but he was soon out numbered.

'Let me go!' Taehyung yelled.

'Why should we?' One of them asked. Taehyung assumed he was the leader of the group.

'I didn't do anything to you'.

'But you have been staring and following us around school today. And we just caught you eavesdropping on our conversation just now'. He said.

Taehyung shook his head. 'I didn't hear anything. I was just trying to introduce myself to you since you're new'. Taehyung lied, hoping they would let him go if they didn't know the real reason he was following them.

But they kept holding him in place.

'Well then, where are our manners? I'm Namjoon, that's Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook'. Namjoon said as he pointed at the boys next to him.

'And you are?' Namjoon asked.

'Taehyung. I live here'. He said as he motioned to the house in front of them. 'So we'll be seeing a lot of each other'.

The boys nodded.

'So, since we're practically neighbors. Do you want to be friends?' Taehyung asked, hoping something he said would get them to let him go.

'We'll think about it'.

Taehyung smiled when he felt Jimin and and Yoongi let go of his arms. 

'I hope we can be friends, especially since we have a lot of classes together'. Taehyung said as he looked over at Jungkook. The one who had stolen his seat and glared at him most the day.

'I wouldn't count on it'. Jungkook said.

Taehyung saw Jungkook glare at him again. He really wanted to know the real reason these boys were here, but he had to wait.

 

Taehyung went to his uncle's house after the new boys left him alone. He was greeted at the door by Kai.

'Hey, Tae! What brings you over here?'

'I need to talk to you guys'.

'All of us?'

Taehyung nodded. 'It's important'.

Kai let Taehyung inside and shut the door. Then he started gathering the boys of Suho's group to the living room.

The boys sat around Taehyung and looked at him carefully.

'What's going on, Taehyung? Is this about your father? Is he getting worse?' Suho asked.

Taehyung shook his head. 'No, my dad is still a mess but he hasn't gotten worse. This isn't about him. This is about some new boys who just moved in on the next block'.

'What about them?'

'They're all vampires'.

Suho's group looked at each other then back at Taehyung.

'You sure?'

'Positive. I smelled their scent'.

Suho sighed and tried to calm his group down. 'Now, before we jump to any conclusions, we need to find out if they're planning on turning people in the neighborhood'.

'I overheard them talking'. Taehyung looked at his uncles.

'And?'

'They said that there's a lot of young people here who could benefit their team'.

Suho put his head in his hands. That was not what he wanted to hear. He had been enjoying living a peaceful life. But they had to do what they had to do. And that was to protect all humans no matter what.

'We need to watch their house'. He said. 'Everybody take turns'.

The boys nodded.

'Who's watching first?' Xiumin asked.

Taehyung saw Suho look over at him. 'Taehyung'.

'Me?' Taehyung pointed at himself. 'There's six of them and only one of me'.

'We'll be here if you need us'. Suho said. 'You know that all you have to do is howl a warning if you are in danger or see signs of them turning humans, and we'll come running'.

'Why do you want me to watch them first?'

Suho went over to Taehyung and put his hand on his shoulder. 'I know you're nervous. But you already know a little bit about these new boys. So I think it's best if you take the first night watch'.

'But, I've only been around them today. Plus they've already caught me spying on them'.

'What?'

'They knew I was nearby listening to their conversation. So I'm already on their bad side'.

Suho sighed. 'Vampires can hear and smell just as good as we can. They must of smelled your wolf side. Where you in your wolf form?'

Taehyung shook his head. 'No, I just kept my distance and hid behind a tree. I didn't want to change into my wolf form with neighbors around'.

'Good. Just hang out by their house tonight in your wolf form and warn us immediately if you see any signs of them trying to turn humans'.

'Got it'.

Suho smiled and squeezed Taehyung's shoulder. 'Don't worry. You'll be fine. I know this is your first time around possibly dangerous vampires since Yongguk died. But if you can take on Yongguk, you can take on these new vampires. You have Baekhyun's fighting spirit in you. You are also stronger because of your hybrid abilities. You can do this'.

Taehyung smiled. 'Thanks, uncle Suho. I will do my best to keep peace in this town'.

'I know you will. And we're always here to help you'.

 

That night, Taehyung left the house after Daehyun had fallen asleep and made his way to watch the new vampires. He changed into his wolf form and hid in the bushes.

Taehyung saw lights on and heard them talking as they passed in front of the windows, but he couldn't make out what they were saying.

 

'Are you boys ready to investigate this town more?' Namjoon asked.

The boys nodded.

'I saw a lot of good candidates to join our team'. Jimin said.

'We have to find them first'. Namjoon looked at him. 'We don't know where any of them live yet'.

'Don't worry, we'll find them'. Hoseok said as he made his way to the door. 'I remember a lot of their scents'.

'Hold on!' Namjoon grabbed Hoseok's arm and took him back to the group. 'We can't leave yet. We need to talk about this boy, Taehyung, we saw earlier today'.

'What about him?' Hoseok asked.

'Did you not smell the wolf scent on him?'

'I did, but we've killed wolves before. There's six of us and one of him'.

'Hoseok, he can't be the only wolf nearby. They travel in packs'.

'But, I thought you wanted to kill the wolves in this town'.

'Believe me, I want to get rid of the wolves that killed my uncle and his group. But first, we need to recruit more members to our team so we can get rid of them once and for all'.

The boys nodded and started getting ready to leave.

'Guys!' Jungkook opened the curtain to look outside at the houses, but he suddenly noticed eyes shining in the bushes. 'We have company'.

Namjoon went over to the window and saw the pair of eyes Jungkook did. He smiled and turned to his group. 'Let's go take care of him right now'.

 

Taehyung tried to hide himself in the bushes more when he saw the curtain open, but he realized they already saw him.

He snuck out of the bushes and started howling for his uncles. 

Taehyung suddenly saw the door to the house open as he was in mid howl. He tried to get deeper in the shadows so he wasn't seen, but he had to keep an eye on all of these vampires.

'Taehyung, we know you're out here'. Namjoon said. 'Be a good little puppy and come out'.

Taehyung didn't move and waited for his uncles. He was worried they hadn't heard his howls for help.

'Namjoon, let's go. We'll deal with Taehyung later'. Jin said as made his way over to him.

'You boys go, I want to find him'.

Taehyung started getting worried when he saw the boys going in separate directions, he had to follow them, but couldn't do it alone.

'Taehyung, I know you're still there. I can smell you, and it's not pleasant'.

Taehyung was getting ready to run from his hiding spot when he saw Suho in his wolf form charging and growling at Namjoon.

Then his saw the rest of his uncles running over to them. Chen and Kai ran after Jimin, Chanyeol and D.O ran after Jin, Lay and Xiumin ran after Hoseok, and Sehun ran after Yoongi.

Taehyung watched at his uncles started fighting the vampires, but he noticed one member of Namjoon's team was getting away.

Taehyung quickly ran after Jungkook as fast as he could. Jungkook was quick, but Taehyung had his hybrid powers to keep up with him.

Jungkook stopped running after a few minutes and started climbing one of the nearby trees. 

As he was climbing, he felt someone grab his shoulder and he fell to the ground.

Jungkook tried to run away, but was pinned to the tree. He looked up and saw Taehyung staring back at him in his human form.

'Get off of me!' Jungkook yelled and tried to shove Taehyung away from him, but Taehyung didn't budge. Jungkook was surprised how strong Taehyung was. No matter what he did, he couldn't injure Taehyung.

'What the hell are you?' Jungkook asked.

'You should know. My uncles are attacking your group right now'.

'You're not a normal wolf are you?'

Taehyung ignored him and shoved him against the tree. 'What do you and your friends want?' Taehyung asked.

'None of your business'.

'It is my business when you come to my home and threaten to turn humans into vampires'.

Jungkook suddenly glared at him. 'So you were listening to our conversation'. 

Taehyung smirked. 'Of course I was. I knew you and your group were vampires when I saw you at school. The smell was obvious'.

'Well you wolves don't smell the best either. That's how we knew what you were when we saw you during lunch'.

'So, Now we know what each other are, you and the rest of your group can leave. We don't want any trouble'.

'That's not my decision to make'.

Taehyung raised his eyebrow. 'If you don't leave, my uncles and I will kill every single one of you. We kill every bad vampire we run into'.

Jungkook bit his lip and looked up at Taehyung with the most innocent eyes he could. 'Then you can't kill me'.

'What?' Taehyung looked at him confused.

''You just said you kill bad vampires. I'm not a bad vampire'.

'Yeah right'. Taehyung rolled his eyes and kept his grip tight on Jungkook.

'It's true'. Jungkook winced in pain. 'I'm only following orders from Namjoon. I want no part of this. So let me go and I promise I will never bother you again. I can't promise anything about the others though'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook carefully. 'You're lying. You are just as bad as the rest of them'.

'No, I'm not. I have never killed a wolf like they have. I let them take care of it all. Please believe me'.

As Taehyung kept Jungkook pinned to the tree, he was finding himself staring into Jungkook's innocent eyes and taking in his all features. Taehyung didn't know what was going on, but he knew he shouldn't believe Jungkook. He knew he was lying to him. But he remembered how his uncles told him that not every vampire is bad.

Taehyung was suddenly torn as he stared at Jungkook. He closed his eyes and was getting ready to turn into his wolf form when he heard Suho calling his name.

'Taehyung!'

Taehyung ignored him and got ready to attack Jungkook.

'Taehyung, where are you?' Suho yelled.

Taehyung suddenly loosened his grip on Jungkook and Jungkook pushed him away. He watched as Jungkook ran away until he was out of his sight. Taehyung didn't get the urge to chase after him. Instead he went back to Suho and his uncles.

'Taehyung!' Suho went over and hugged him when he saw him. 'Are you alright?'

'I'm fine'. Taehyung nodded. He looked around and saw his uncles were bleeding.

'Are you alright?'

'Of course. We're used to this. Did you catch a vampire? I saw you chasing after one'.

Taehyung looked at the ground and shook his head. 'Sorry, he got away before I could attack him'.

'It's alright. We'll get them next time'.

Taehyung followed his uncles home. He stayed behind them and kept turning around hoping to see Jungkook. He was worried he did the wrong thing by letting Jungkook go. But there was something about Jungkook that kept Taehyung from attacking him. And Taehyung was going to find out what it was.

Taehyung left his uncles and went home. He felt someone was watching him as he made his way to the door. He turned around but didn't see anything. Then he made his way inside and to his room.

Jungkook sat in the tree outside Taehyung's house watching him carefully. He smirked as he watched Taehyung, not believing how easy it was to fool him to let him go. He knew what he had to do to help Namjoon get closer to Suho's group. He wasn't looking forward to it, but the only way to get to Suho was to get close to Taehyung.