Pet

Sunbae (hiatus)

"Y-your wha-what?"

"My boyfriend." Myungsoo smiled smugly at the younger. 

Sungyeol felt dread and mortification wash through him as he imagined how he must have behaved the night before. How he must have stared at the older without reservation. How he must have made his feelings completely and utterly transparent for sunbae to see. How he must have ruined his chances at ever becoming close with the older. I must have been out of my mind! 

As Sungyeol's facial expression changed, so did Myungsoo's. Where the black-haired boy had been playful and laughing a minute ago, his countenance now became dark as he studied the younger. Then he forced out a short, bitter laugh. 

"Judging by your horrified expression, I guess the thought of being my boyfriend is worse than dying," Myungsoo said. 

"No, that's not what I-"

"No need to worry, it was just a joke." 

Sungyeol stopped short. "... a joke...?" Somehow those words sounded even worse. 

Myungsoo smiled, though the smile didn't touch his eyes. "Yes, a joke. So there's no need to make that ugly expression anymore." 

Sungyeol forced himself to relax his facial muscles, trying desperately to remain calm and collected. 

"There we go. Good boy," Myungsoo said, lifting his hand to Sungyeol's hair. He patted the younger twice on the head before ruffling Sungyeol's hair until it looked like a bird's nest. "That's more like it," Myungsoo grinned playfully. 

Sungyeol didn't know what to say, so he just stood there silently, letting the older do as he pleased with his hair. His feelings were quickly spinning around and mixing together until he felt like he was in complete turmoil. He was horrified by the thought of having shown the older just how much he liked him and thought about him. He felt something close to sadness when he thought that his feelings must be nothing more than a joke to Myungsoo. And he felt stupid because in spite of this horrible situation he couldn't help but feel his insides flutter uncomfortably as the older touched his hair. 

"What are you thinking about now, my lost one?" Myungsoo asked, peering into Sungyeol's eyes. Sungyeol looked away in embarrassment. 

"Nothing much," he mumbled lamely. 

"Just so you know, you did in fact make me a promise yesterday," the older informed him. 

Sungyeol whipped his head up. "I did?" 

"You promised to buy me dinner," Myungsoo smiled. 

"Oh," Sungyeol breathed. "Yes! I will buy you dinner!" 

"When?" 

"Whenever works for you, sunbae." 

"Great," Myungsoo grinned. "I was just starting to get hungry. Let's go." 

Without giving Sungyeol as much as a moment to reply, Myungsoo grabbed the younger's hand and dragged him along. 

 

 

 

"Are you sure you don't want anything more expensive?" Sungyeol inquired, biting his lip. 

"I love jjajangmyeon," Myungsoo informed him. The two of them were sitting across from each other at a Chinese restaurant, a bowl of jjajangmyeon in front of each of them. 

"But I-" 

"No buts," Myungsoo shook his head. "If you still feel bad about yesterday, you can buy me another bowl of jjajangmyeon next time." 

"Okay," Sungyeol gave in. "I will buy you as many bowls as you want." 

"Sounds like a deal," the black-haired boy smiled, looking pleased with the outcome. "You can buy me jjajangmyeon for the rest of your life." 

Sungyeol nodded shyly, afraid of showing how much he liked the thought of that. 

"Now eat," Myungsoo ordered. "You must be hungry by now, right?"

Sungyeol silently took his chopsticks and started nibbling on his food. While he was chewing, he secretly took a glance at the older. Myungsoo was already busy eating, and for once didn't seem to be paying attention to the younger. Sungyeol therefore took the opportunity to steal another look at the perfect boy sitting in front of him. Eyelashes, nose, lips, the barely visible collarbones; he took everything in greedily. And as he did so, he realized how little control he had over his feelings. How little he was able to control where his eyes went. The realization chilled him. This isn't good. 

He shook his head forcefully to clear his thoughts. 

"What are you doing, little hoobae?" Myungsoo laughed, looking up from his jjajangmyeon. "Trying to shake away a fly?"

Sungyeol instantly felt his face to red. "No." 

"Why aren't you eating?" 

"I am eating."

"Sure doesn't look that way to me," Myungsoo said doubtfully. 

"I am eating, see?" Sungyeol insisted as he took a big mouthful of noodles. 

Myungsoo laughed happily as he looked at the younger, who now looked like a chipmunk with filled cheeks. He then brought his hand up and poked Sungyeol's left cheek. "Look at you, one second a lost sheep and the next second a chubby chipmunk." 

"I'm not a chipmunk!" Sungyeol protested, his mouth still full of jjajangmyeon. 

"Whatever you say, my little chipmunk," Myungsoo chuckled, looking intensely amused. He then cocked his head to the side and looked at the younger with a thoughtful expression. "Talking of chipmunks. You know what? You'd make the perfect pet." 

Sungyeol almost choked on his food. "P-pet?"

"Yes. Your fluffy hair looks just like fur and you act as silly as an animal," Myungsoo mused playfully. 

"I don't act like an animal," Sungyeol objected, a frown forming on his brow. 

"Oh, you can try to deny it all you want, but you know that a hoobae has to listen to his sunbae, right?" Myungsoo said, a glint in his eye. 

Sungyeol stared lamely at the boy in front of him, feeling totally lost for words. 

"And who of us is the sunbae?" 

"..." 

"Who of us is the sunbae?" Myungsoo repeated. 

"...you are," Sungyeol finally conceded. 

"Good boy," Myungsoo said, his expression smug. "And when the sunbae tells the hoobae to be the perfect pet, what does the hoobae need to do?"

"..." 

"Come on, I know you can talk." 

"Sunbae, why are you doing this?" Sungyeol mumbled, looking down. 

"Because I can," Myungsoo replied, no remorse in his voice. "Now answer me. What do you need to do?"

Feeling like he had no other choice, Sungyeol said quietly, "... be the perfect pet...?"

Myungsoo's mouth went up in a wicked grin. "Exactly." He reached out for Sungyeol's hair and ruffled it gleefully. "Good boy." 

 

 

Author's Note: Hiii my lovely readers <3 Another chapter is finally here ^^ I had a lot of fun writing this chapter hehe 

Whenever I write a chapter for this fic, Myungsoo's character takes me off guard xD I am even surprised myself by the things he says haha (I always write very freely, with only a vague storyline, so the story often turns out different from what I plan and the characters often end up saying things I don't expect xD) 

With that being said, as I seldom have the storyline set in stone, you are all free to come with suggestions if there is anything you would like to see happen in the story ;)