1. Cat Attack!

Yer A Wizard!

“Does anyone know who owns that white cat?”

All eyes in the Gryffindor common room turned to the entrance, fixing on fifth year Koo Junhoe.

“You mean the Hell Beast?”

“I hate that cat, it tore my robe!”

“Can we not mention it out loud? The poor first years are starting to develop a complex about it.”

Junhoe frowned at the replies. “You guys must be talking about a different cat.”

“Pretty sure there’s only one white cat at the school,” sixth year Kim Jiwon said, “and it’s terrorizing this entire house.”

“No chance it’s the same cat,” Junhoe replied, “because the cat I’m talking about is probably the sweetest cat I’ve ever met. I was just in the corridor for like, twenty minutes just now, petting it.”

“It lets you get close to it?” Jiwon replied, incredulous tone of voice. “Every time I try to get near it hisses at me and swipes in my direction.”

“It even hates me,” seventh year Kim Jinwoo added, “I’ve never met an animal before that didn’t like me.”

“Yeah, even all the hippogriffs love Jinwoo! That cat is evil.”

“It is not evil!” Junhoe replied, crossing his arms over his chest. “That cat is sweet.”

“I’m gonna give it a kick the next time I see it.”

“No one touch that cat!” Junhoe yelled. “I’m unofficially adopting it!”

“You can’t do that!” Jiwon replied. “Everyone in this house hates that thing!”

“It probably belongs to a Slytherin. You should leave it alone, Junhoe.” Jinwoo advised.

Junhoe pouted back at them all. “It does not belong to a Slytherin, it’s way too sweet.”

“To you!”

Junhoe glared around the common room, set in his decision. “Anyone touches that cat and you’re dead.”

“Junhoe!”

“I mean it! Harass that cat and consider your lives over.”
 



The next morning found Junhoe settling into his seat in History of Magic next to Ravenclaw fifth year Kim Hanbin. “Hey, this might be a long shot, but do you know if any of the first years in your house brought a white cat to Hogwarts?” After thinking about it in his bed last night, Junhoe had decided to investigate the cat’s potential owner.

“None of our first years have cats this year,” Hanbin replied methodically, dipping his quill into a pot of ink to finish off an essay due at the start of class.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure, it’s part of my prefect duty to note who’s got what sort of pet.”

“Do you know if anyone in Slytherin has a white cat? Can you ask your cousin? I’m gonna ask Donghyuk about it during Herbology, see if it’s a Puff’s cat. All of my housemates think it’s a Slytherin-owned cat, though.”

“Mmhmm,” Hanbin hummed in pretend interest as he finished up his final sentence.

“I need to figure out who owns it. It’s honestly the most gorgeous cat I’ve ever seen, and you know I’m not a cat person! It actually reminds me of my dog. I swear it’s Bbaengdaeng in cat form.”

At that Hanbin’s head shot up, eyes widening for a moment. “A fluffy white cat? I’ll ask Jinhwan about Slytherin pets.”

“Thanks, Hanbin! It’s weird though, like everyone in my house despises that cat.”

“Are you talking about Hell Beast, Junhoe?” Lee Hayi, another Gryffindor, asked as she sat down behind Junhoe.

Junhoe rolled his eyes and glared at her. “I’m having a private conversation.” He turned back to Hanbin. “As I was saying, everyone hates it, but I’m telling you Hanbin, this cat loves me.”

“Does it? How often do you see it?” Hanbin set his essay aside now that it was done, turning his full attention on Junhoe.

“Almost every night! It always seems to wait until I’m alone before it comes out. I don’t know if it just waits in the corridor for me or what, but I never see it during the day. Weird, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. Definitely suspect.”

Junhoe put his elbow on the desk and leaned on his hand. “I can’t help but pick it up everytime I see it. It’s so soft, Hanbin! And the second it gets up in my arms it starts purring like crazy. I tried to bring it into the dorm with me once but the Fat Lady yelled at me, something about no unauthorized students in the dormitory! Ha, I think her sight’s going.”

Hanbin’s expression looked strangled. “Yeah, maybe a malfunctioning detection charm or something. Like she knows it’s not an authorized house pet, so she can’t let it in.”

Junhoe grinned. “Yeah, probably. Think I should ask McGonagall about that?”

“NO!” Hanbin’s answer came out sounding a little panicked. “Do not ask McGonagall.”

Junhoe shot him a look of confusion. “Why not? Maybe she could fix her.”

Hanbin calmed slightly. “Just leave it, Junhoe. Let’s find out who owns the cat first, okay? It probably is a Slytherin cat. Maybe whoever owns it wants it to spy on your house.”

Junhoe sighed wistfully. “Yeah, you might be right, but I really don’t think that’s the case. I’m not exaggerating, Hanbin, this cat loves me. I know it wants to be my pet.”

Hanbin frowned, his eyes darting to Professor Binns’ suddenly materialized form. “Yeah, I bet it does.”
 



“This has GOT to go down as the single most pathetic thing you have ever done.”

Slytherin sixth year Kim Jinhwan levelled his cousin with a glare as he sat down next to him in the courtyard. “What do you want, Hanbin?”

“Oh you know what I’m talking about,” Hanbin shot back, “you’re lucky he’s a complete , by the way.”

Jinhwan frowned at him. “Who?”

Hanbin snorted at the question. “Junhoe, who else?”

Jinhwan stiffened again, fingers tightening around his potions textbook. “He’s not a , Hanbin. He’s not top of his class or anything—”

“Jinan, I’m in multiple classes with him. He means well and has a heart of gold, but trust me, he’s ing dumb.”

Jinhwan spluttered in indignation. “You don’t have to—”

Hanbin cut him off. “Shut up, listen to me. You’re lucky he’s dumb, because he has no idea what you’re doing.”

“Oh, and what am I doing?” Jinhwan couldn’t believe Hanbin’s nerve! But he also couldn’t help but be concerned. Was it possible that Hanbin actually did know what he was up to?

“You know what you’re doing!” Hanbin hissed back at him.

Jinhwan glared in return. “Hanbin would you kindly make your point or just go? I’m trying to study a potion for tomorrow.”

“Oh yeah? Gonna be studying for it all night, are you?”

Jinhwan turned his head from his cousin, focusing back on his book. “Probably.”

“Gonna take a little break later, are you? Head on up to Gryffindor tower? Maybe have a cat nap in the corridor?”

Jinhwan’s face got red.

“Gonna hiss at some first years?”

Jinhwan slammed his textbook shut and turned to glare at Hanbin, who was smirking back at him.

“You know the Fat Lady knows you’re a student, right?”

“What else would she think I am, Hanbin? A teacher?” Oh Merlin… Hanbin knew.

“I mean your other form,” Hanbin said in a whisper, “she detected you.”

Jinhwan’s head whipped around the courtyard, but there was no one else there. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Hanbin’s voice took on an amused lilt. “He quite fancies cat you, you know. Says you purr like crazy every time he picks you up.”

“I don’t know what sort of stories you’re being told—”

“It’s honestly sad, Jinan. Like, pathetic sad.”

Jinhwan’s eyes narrowed and he looked back at Hanbin. “You want to talk about sad? Should we talk about your pathetic adventures?”

Hanbin frowned back at him. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Should we talk about the last quidditch game? Ravenclaw and Gryffindor?”

“You mean the game that I won for my house in a spectacularly timed dive?” Hanbin replied, nose in the air.

“Ha! I was watching you, you know. You purposefully missed the snitch three times during the game so they could catch up!”

Hanbin’s face was the one turning red now. “I did no such thing!”

Jinhwan grinned. “Did you not also willingly allow a bludger to hit you in the head when you were near the goalposts, just so you could crash into their hot keeper you have a crush on in a spectacularly timed manner?”

“Oh, now you’re talking nonsense!” Hanbin yelled. “Why would I take a bludger to the head? And risk brain damage?”

“Can’t damage what you don’t have!” Jinhwan yelled back.

“Ridiculous.”

“Ridiculous surely described it, the way their keeper called a time out just so you could get looked at by medical staff.”

Hanbin blushed. “I can’t help it if my opponent is concerned for my well-being!”

“Opponent? Is that your fancy new term for boyfriend?” Jinhwan teased.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” Hanbin replied, frowning. “Not yet, at any rate.”

Jinhwan grinned. “Is he a dog person? Maybe you should try hanging around Gryffindor tower.”

“No,” Hanbin replied with a sad sigh, “he’s actually a cat person.”

Jinhwan snorted. “Ha! You made the wrong choice then, didn’t you?”

“This isn’t about me, Jinhwan! This is about you and your stupid decisions.” Hanbin crossed his arms over his chest. “I should write to your mother. I’d love to hear the Howler she sends you!”

Jinhwan glared back at him. “Do it and I’ll send one right back to your mom! You’re the one with more to lose than me. Snatch that shiny little Prefect badge off your chest, get you kicked off the quidditch team…”

Hanbin sighed and shook his head. “Jinan, I’m tired. Just stop dancing around and tell him how you feel.”

Jinhwan’s face pinched in displeasure. “Hanbin, you know I can’t do that. He’d never date me.”

Hanbin shook his head, sighing again. “You Slytherins are so dramatic, I swear! Either ask him out, or I’ll tell him that you’re the cat.”

“Hanbin!” Jinhwan’s mouth dropped open in shock.

“I mean it!”

“You can’t! We took a pact! We signed the paper! You know what happens if we tell anyone!”

Hanbin grinned back at him. “Actually, I tested the wording out during the break. We specifically wrote that punishment would only happen if we told people that we’re Animagi.”

“And that’s what you’d be doing if you told Junhoe!”

“No, it’s not! I’d tell him that you’re the cat. I’m not saying the A word. I promise, I tested it like I said. I told Hanbyul that I was a dog, and nothing happened to me.”

“Well, she can’t understand you! Of course it wouldn’t count!”

“I’m willing to test the theory! For the greater good of your love life.”
 



Midnight found Junhoe sitting in the corridor of Gryffindor Tower with a fluffy white cat cradled in his arms.

“Have I told you that you’re the prettiest cat in the entire world? You know that, right?”

The cat purred back at him, rubbing its face against his cheek. Junhoe sighed.

“I just want to bury my face in your fur every day. I was thinking about you during History of Magic. Professor Binns was droning on about some Goblin Treatise and I was tired, and I kept thinking about how you’d probably make an amazing pillow. So soft and so cuddly!” He held the cat up in front of him, rubbing his nose against the cat’s nose.

“Did I ever tell you that you remind me of my dog? I hope that doesn’t offend you. You’d like him! Bbangdaeng. You’re both super soft and fluffy and cuddly. You’re actually a little bigger than he is, so he’d probably try to cuddle up with you. Ah, I’d love cuddling up with both of you.”

The cat stared back at him, purring it’s agreement to this proposed scenario before lightly batting him in the face and wiggling his head. Junhoe cradled him close, the cat’s head snuggling right into his neck.

“You’re not really mean to the first years, are you? Everyone in my house says you’re a monster, but I don’t think you are. Do the first years harass you? Is that the problem?”

The cat purred louder, and Junhoe kissed its head.

“I thought as much. They’re kids, though, they don’t mean it.” He yawned then, finally realizing how late it was. “Ah, I hate this, but I have to go to bed.”

The cat whined, a pathetic mewling as Junhoe pulled it away from him. “I know, okay? I know. I wish I could take you up with me.” He looked around the hall, even though he knew no one was there. Maybe he could try again? He’d hide the cat under his robes this time though.

“Okay, I’m gonna try smuggling you upstairs again. Hold on.” He stuffed the cat under his robe and stood up, approaching the portrait hole.

“Young man! Why are you not yet in bed?” The Fat Lady had a scandalized look on her face.

“Uh, I was studying,” Junhoe lied to her, “anyway, Sinosijak! Let me in.”

“Password accepted!” The portrait swung open and Junhoe put one foot through the hole before she screeched him back out into the hall.

“No unauthorized students in the dormitory! I’ve told you this before!”

The cat scampered down out of his robe and took off down the hall, leaving Junhoe to glare at the portrait.

“That’s not a student, it’s a cat!” He angrily climbed through the portrait hole, stomping off towards the boys’ dormitory.

The Fat Lady sighed as she swung back to the wall. “I said what I said.”
 



“Hey, Hanbin!”

Hanbin looked up with a smile, heart fluttering in his chest. “Hi, Jiwon.”

“Mind if I sit?” Jiwon asked, and Hanbin shook his head. “I was supposed to give flying lessons to one of our first years, but he got detention instead.”

“Ah, too bad.” They were currently sitting outside in the stands of the quidditch pitch. Hanbin liked to come out here to study, enjoying the fresh air.

“So, have you heard about that white cat outside our dorm?” Jiwon asked, and Hanbin tried to keep an impassive look on his face.

“Yeah, Junhoe was telling me about it in Binns’ class.”

Jiwon shook his head. “He’s going ape over that cat. He’s tried to sneak it into the dorms three times! Twice the Fat Lady wouldn’t let it in, and the third time I busted him myself. He had it stuffed in his bag.”

Hanbin bit the inside of his cheek, both annoyed and amused. “Wow, he really seems to like that cat.”

“I heard he actually talks about it in his sleep,” Jiwon grinned.

“He doesn’t,” Hanbin replied, actually shocked about that. This was getting absurd.

“He does! Well, according to the other fifth years. I just want to find out who owns it. Get them to take it back.” Hanbin nodded, trying to look sympathetic. “We’re all convinced some Slytherin owns it, trying to figure out how to get into our common room.”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t put it past them.” Hanbin answered.

“I just have to wonder why it’s always hanging around. Is it not being taken care of by its owner? And why does it like Junhoe? He doesn’t even like cats!”

“Is it just me, or are you jealous?” Hanbin asked, grinning at Jiwon.

Jiwon grinned back at him. “Maybe I am. Laugh at me all you want, but I love cats!”

Hanbin frowned. “Yeah, they’re cool, I guess. I like dogs, though!”

Jiwon shrugged. “Dogs are okay. But that’s a debate for another day. I’m worried about this cat, Hanbin. I think I might bring it up to McGonagall.”

Hanbin shook his head. “Can’t you Gryffindors ever deal with things on your own?”

“Hanbin, it’s terrorizing our first years! They won’t leave the common room unless one of us checks the hallway first. Yedam was stuck in the hall for an hour because that stupid cat wouldn’t let it near the entrance.”

Hanbin tried not to laugh, because really, it wasn’t funny. Except that it was. “Well, let this teach them proper respect for animals.”

“They ARE respecting it! It’s the cat that’s chasing everyone. We’re all just trying to ignore the stupid thing.”

“Sure. Sounds like something a cat lover would say.” Hanbin replied, grinning at Jiwon.

“Some of the guys are thinking about setting a trap for it, you know, to take it outside the school and release it on the grounds.”

“Oh don’t bother,” Hanbin laughed at the idea, “I’m sure it’ll find its way back in, and then it’ll be even more pissed off.”
 



“Did I hear correctly? You got detention with Snape for flunking a potion in class?!”

Jinhwan waved off the comment. “It’s nothing, Hanbin.”

“Bull. Potions is your best class! I thought Taehyun was just ing with me, but wow, it’s true!” Hanbin sat down next to Jinhwan, again meeting in the courtyard.

“Whatever, I was tired that day. We all have our off days.” Except that it wasn’t an off day. He just hadn’t studied the potion at all and had screwed up his ingredients. Whatever. It had been worth it. Junhoe had kissed his cat face five times that night!

“Tell me you weren’t up all night sitting in Junhoe’s arms?” Hanbin asked.

“Hanbin, what I do in my free time is none of your concern.”

Hanbin shook his head. “I should talk to Seunghoon about this.”

“Oh, he knows about it.”

Hanbin’s mouth dropped in shock. “About you being an Animagus?! Jinan, you were just freaking out about anyone finding out!”

“No! He knows about my crush on Junhoe.”

Hanbin rolled his eyes. “Right, your mutual pining over Gryffindors. At least he’s pining over a half-Veela. What’s your excuse?”

Jinhwan shot him a nasty look. “I can’t believe this is coming out of your mouth. You, who is also pining over a Gryffindor!”

“Yeah well, there’s no rivalry between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, so I’m not staining my family name.”

“You not being in Slytherin is already staining your family name!” Jinhwan shot back.

Hanbin stuck his tongue out at him. “Yeah well, my parents love me no matter what choices I make.”

“Even so, a muggleborn. You’re really testing their patience, aren’t you?”

Hanbin glared back at him. “That muggleborn is getting awfully suspicious of that white cat!”

Jinhwan shook his head. “I thought he liked cats?”

“You keep swiping at first years!”

Jinhwan shrugged. “I can’t help myself, they’re high pitched and squeaky, like mice.”

“JINAN!”

“Oh leave me be, Hanbin! Let me wallow in my unrequited crush in peace.”

“Ugh, you’re pathetic.”
 



“Junhoe, I have tried to be patient with you, but enough is enough! You are hereby banned from interacting with that cat!”

Junhoe couldn’t believe Jiwon’s nerve! He’d failed one test, only one! “You can’t do that!”

“Yes I can! Your grades are suffering and I refuse to stand by any longer! No more cat. If I see cat hair on your robes, you are done! For the next week you come straight back to the dorm after your classes! You’re grounded!”

“You can’t ground me!”

“Yes I can! I’m a prefect!”

“This is bull!” Junhoe turned around and stormed back out of the portrait hole.

“Well, that went beautifully.”

Jiwon sighed and turned to face Jinwoo. “Ah, he’ll be fine. It’s in his nature to run away when he gets angry, but he always comes back.”

Jinwoo grinned. “Still quite the mystery about that cat.”

“Ugh, tell me about it! I love cats, but I would gladly punt that one right into the lake myself.” Bobby shook his head, feeling bad, but it was the truth. The cat was a nightmare.

“Let me make some last inquiries before we take it to McGonagall, okay?”
 



“Are you sure there’s no white cat in Slytherin?”

Seunghoon shook his head. “No white cats in Slytherin, Jinwoo. Hanbin’s already been asking. We have a few Siamese cats, two black ones, and a striped one, but no white cats.”

Jinwoo sighed. “It’s so bizarre. Where did this cat come from?”

“You guys checked with Hufflepuff, right?”

“We did, and it’s not a Hufflepuff pet. We need to figure it out, though. It won’t stop clawing at my first years.” Jinwoo crossed his arms over his chest.

Seunghoon fixed him with an annoyed expression. “That sounds like a you problem.”

“No one hurts my first years, Seunghoon.” Jinwoo smiled at him, but it lacked its usual friendliness.

“Why do I get the impression you think Slytherin has something to do with it?” Seunghoon couldn’t believe him! Always his house, getting the blame...

“Just a hunch.” Jinwoo saw someone walk by out of the corner of his eye and he turned to look, seeing the skulking figure of Kim Jinhwan. “I’ll talk to you later, Hoonie!” Jinwoo’s smile turned friendly before he darted off down the hall after Jinhwan.

“Kim Jinhwan! Hold up.”

Jinhwan paused, a bad feeling settling in the pit of his stomach. “Can I help you?”

Jinwoo stood in front of him, arms crossed. “That remains to be seen. I’m here about that cat.”

“What cat? I don’t know anything about a cat.” .

“The cat that’s always snuggling up to Koo Junhoe in the Gryffindor Tower hallway.”

“Who?”  .

Jinwoo grinned. “Koo Junhoe. The Gryffindor fifth year that you have a crush on.”

How did he know?! “I don’t have a crush on any Gryffindor!”

“No? Look me in the eyes and tell me that.” Jinwoo got right up in Jinhwan’s face, backed him against the wall. “Jinhwan?”

Jinhwan looked at him and that knee jerk reaction that always happened around Jinwoo happened again. “Your eyes are so pretty.”

Jinwoo grinned. “Yes they are, thank you. Now, tell me you don’t have a crush on Junhoe?”

Jinhwan spoke without even thinking. “I don’t have a crush on Junhoe.”

“Wait, I said that wrong,” Jinwoo sighed, “tell me the truth, Jinhwan. Do you have a crush on Junhoe?”

“Yes.” !!

“There, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Jinwoo backed off, breaking eye contact with Jinhwan.

Jinhwan shook his head. “You need to stop doing that to people!”

“Doing what?” Jinwoo asked innocently.

“That Veela thing you do!”

Jinwoo grinned back at him and ignored his comment. “You should tell him how you feel.”

“No way, no thank you.”

“Come on, Jinhwan! What have you got to lose?”

Jinhwan glared at him. “My pride? My dignity? I’ve seen what crushes on Gryffindors can do to people!”

“Oh?” Jinwoo responded, innocent tone and curious expression.

Jinhwan frowned. “, forget I said that.”

“Jinhwan?”

Jinhwan turned and fled back down the hall. “I have a test, goodbye!”
 



“Can you believe I’ve been banned from seeing you? Banned! Like he’s my dad, or something.”

Junhoe was sitting outside an empty classroom in the astronomy tower. He’d found the cat on his way back from the library, where he’d gone in search of Donghyuk. He’d needed a sympathetic ear, and his Hufflepuff friend was always glad to listen. He’d scooped the cat up and taken him to a different tower so Jiwon wouldn’t find him.

“It’s such bull. I promise I’ll do whatever it takes, okay? I’m not going to ignore you. Maybe I should shrink you and keep you in my pocket?”

The cat hissed at him, brandishing a claw.

“Excuse me?” Junhoe asked, surprised at the reaction. “You got some inferiority complex about your size or something?”

The cat turned its head away, but Junhoe just grinned and started scratching it behind the ears. “I just want to bring you into the dorm. You want that, don’t you? You’d love it in there, when I’m in class you could curl up by the fire.”

The cat meowed, butting his hand in an affectionate way.

“Yeah, I know you want that! I don’t know why the universe is so against us. It’s not fair.” He leaned down to kiss the cat on the head. The cat purred loudly.

He closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall, his fingers buried in the soft fur. He didn’t hear the approaching footsteps, mainly because he’d fallen asleep.

“Oh for Merlin’s sake! Enough is enough!”

He woke up to the yelling, blinking his eyes open to see Hanbin standing in front of him. The cat was in his lap, hissing at Hanbin.

“ off, Hanbin! You’re upsetting him!”

Hanbin shook his head and pulled out his wand. “I am so sorry for what I’m about to do, and I hope that this does not go against my signed agreement. Even so it’s worth it.”

“Hanbin!” Junhoe scooped the cat up in his arms, confused about what was going on. Everyone was taking this cat hatred a little too far!

Hanbin pointed his wand at the cat and shouted “REVELIO!”

Suddenly Junhoe’s arms were full of a squirming mass of arms and legs, and he shrieked from the pure surprise, because suddenly there was no longer a cat in his arms, and instead…

The cute little Slytherin sixth year. Kim Jinhwan.

Jinhwan scurried to his feet, pulled out his wand and pointed it at Junhoe.

“OBLI—”

“EXPELLIARMUS!”

Hanbin beat Jinhwan to the punch, and Junhoe watched as Jinhwan’s wand flew out of his hand and into Hanbin’s waiting grasp.

Jinhwan turned to Hanbin in a panic. “What are you doing?! Wipe his memory!”

“No! I told you to tell him how you feel.”

“HANBIN!”

Junhoe looked between the two of them in shock. Why had Jinhwan been a cat?

“I am not wiping his memory, Jinhwan!”

“Give me back my wand and I will!”

Hold on—no one would be wiping his memory!

“Why were you a cat? HOW were you a cat?!” Junhoe asked, looking between the two of them.

“HANBIN! Quit playing around!” Jinhwan wouldn’t look at Junhoe, he just stared at Hanbin.

“Tell him how you feel!” Hanbin demanded.

Junhoe stood up. “I feel very confused.”

“Not you!” Hanbin yelled, pointing his wand at Jinhwan.

Jinhwan glared at him. “I feel very angry!”

“That’s not what I mean and you know it!”

Junhoe suddenly became aware of something. “Oh whoa hold on wait a minute I’ve been cuddling WITH YOU this whole time?!”

Jinhwan’s expression looked increasingly desperate. “HANBIN! Wipe his damn memory!”

Hanbin grinned at the both of them. “No.” He pointed his wand at the classroom door. “Alohomora!” The door swung open and Hanbin took advantage of Junhoe’s surprise to shove him back through the door before grabbing Jinhwan and pushing him in too. “You’re both staying in here until you confess!”

“Confess to what?” Junhoe yelled. “I haven’t done anything!”

“NOT YOU! Jinhwan, don’t let me down!” Hanbin slammed the door shut, locking it magically.

Jinhwan pounded at the door. “KIM HANBIN! Unlock this door!”

Junhoe sat down on one of the desks, still trying to wrap his head around everything. Jinhwan was a cat. Hanbin wanted him to confess to something.

Jinhwan pounded a few more times at the door, but he knew it was futile. Hanbin was exceptional at charms, better than Jinhwan himself despite being a year behind him. He turned to look at Junhoe.

“I don’t suppose you’re any good at charms, are you?”

“What, me? Heck no.”

They were both silent for a bit, just staring at each other. Finally Junhoe broke it.

“What did he mean? When he told you to confess?” His eyes narrowed. “You’ve been trying to infiltrate our dorm all this time, haven’t you?”

Jinhwan frowned and leaned against the door, looking at his fingernails. “No, I have not been trying to infiltrate your dorm.”

“Bull! You’ve been up to me in cat form trying to get in!”

Jinhwan closed his eyes suddenly, breathing in deeply before muttering under his breath. “Merlin grant me the strength…”

“I can’t believe I’ve been cuddling with a Slytherin this whole time.”

Jinhwan’s eyes burst open. “See, that’s exactly why I could never tell you!”

“Tell me what?” Junhoe asked, annoyed with the whole situation. God, everyone was right about the stupid cat after all!

Jinhwan frowned and crossed his arms over his chest, looking extremely petulant. “I like you.”

Junhoe cocked his head to the side, like a confused puppy. “What?”

Jinhwan’s fingers gripped his arms tightly. “I said that I like you.”

“You like me?” Junhoe parroted back at him, still trying to make sense of things.

Jinhwan shook his head. “This must be some Slytherin curse…”

“Okay wait hold on. Were you a cat because you wanted to cuddle with me, but you were afraid to ask me?” Oh wow. WOW.

Jinhwan looked away, gaze hooked on the wall. “Maybe.” This was so embarrassing!

Junhoe smiled. “That’s, well, that’s actually kinda cute.”

Jinhwan could feel his face flushing. Cute. It was most certainly not cu—wait a second…

“You really think it was cute?”

“Yeah.” Junhoe replied, and then suddenly realized his own embarrassment. “Oh , did you hear everything I’ve ever said to you in cat form?!”

Now it was Jinhwan’s turn to grin, though he still refused to look at him. “Yes I did. And I do not have an inferiority complex over my height, thank you very much.”

“Wow,” Junhoe wasn’t entirely sure what to think. What had he even said to the cat?! “So… Even after hearing everything… Do you still like me?”

Okay, Jinhwan, play it cool! “Maybe.”

“What do you mean, maybe?”

Good, good! He sounds upset! “Well, you know… You said a lot of things.”

Junhoe frowned. “Well, you were a cat! People always say stupid to cats.”

“You said you wanted to use me as a pillow in History of Magic.” Jinhwan grinned.

“Well, can you blame me? Binns is so boring.” His eyes stayed on Jinhwan, who was still refusing to look at him. “Jinhwan? You uh, maybe want to try cuddling as a human?”

Jinhwan’s grin dropped into a frown. “Don’t tease me.”

“I’m not teasing! Honest.” Junhoe stood next to him, feeling awkward. “You, uh, you can hug me, if you want.”

Jinhwan could hear the seriousness in his tone. He’d gotten to know Junhoe’s voice very well during the last month. Junhoe really was offering to hug him… He couldn’t pass it up. He turned suddenly and wrapped his arms around Junhoe’s back, burying his face into Junhoe’s chest. It felt so different as a human.

Junhoe couldn’t help but smile when Jinhwan flung himself against him, and he wrapped his own arms around Jinhwan in response. It was nice. “You could have just told me, you know.”

Jinhwan kept his head tucked into Junhoe’s chest. “Yeah, no. I wasn’t taking that chance.”

“Seriously? I would have.”

Jinhwan grinned. “That’s why you’re the Gryffindor, and I’m the Slytherin.”

“I guess so,” Junhoe replied, and in keeping with his Gryffindor sensibilities, he kissed the top of Jinhwan’s head without giving it a second though. “Did you have to terrorize the other Gryffindors, though? Especially the first years?”

Jinhwan pulled his head back and looked up at Junhoe. “I couldn’t help it, it was in my cat nature.”

“Well, can you please not do it again?”

“I promise I won’t swipe at your first years anymore.”

“Actually, just don’t come by Gryffindor Tower anymore. At least not in your cat form. By the way, how did you do that anyway? Are you an—”

“Don’t say it!” Jinhwan replied. “Please don’t say it, and don’t ask. And don’t tell anyone.”

Junhoe grinned back at him. “Ah, who would believe me anyway?”

“Exactly. So, you wanna tell Hanbin we’ve made up so he can let us out?” Jinhwan wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to leave the room.

“Not really?” Junhoe replied, before pulling Jinhwan in a little bit tighter.

That suited Jinhwan just fine.

“So, you wanna try kissing my face now that it’s not all covered in fur?” Jinhwan offered, smiling up at Junhoe, who didn’t answer, but instead just pressed his lips against Jinhwan’s.

Definitely better as a human.