Autumn

Drabbles with KimKei

Inoo Kei was glad that Summer was finally nearing its end. Don't get the wrong impression. Kei loved enjoying all the free time with his friends and girlfriend but he had gotten enough mosquito bites this season and he was ready to call it an end in Tokyo. 

 

Autumn was Kei's favorite season. He loved the smell of coffee on a brisk October morning and fashion seemed to be more on his side with his scarfs, boots, and fashionable layers. 

 

In addition, watching the leaves of every color fall to the ground and crunch under his boots were a form of music that he could fall asleep to at any given time of the day.

 

Kim, on the other hand, was dreading the cold. You see, she was born and raised in the Philippines. She loved the basket of warmth that the sun washes her with and although the cold air and snow was a nice break, 5 months of it was way too long for her likings. 

 

"But you see..." Kei protested, "Autumn means that Winter is coming and the holiday season is in the winter!" 

 

Kim fought back. "Yeah I get that but after the holiday season, it's just four more months of cold weather..."

 

"If you hate the cold then why don't you just say so. It'll give me more of a reason to keep you warm." 

 

Kim smiled and playfully punched her boyfriend on the shoulder. 

 

"If you put it that way then I hope you'd be with me every night to keep me warm."