Chapter 17!

Love Should Go On!

The shrill ringing of a phone could be heard and the sleeping figures on the bed groaned. One of the figures blindly felt around for the source of ringing before finally finding the source of the annoying sound.

Minho’s POV

Who the hell is calling so early in the morning!? Ehhhh!!! My Head!

“Hello?”

“MINHO!” Hearing the familiar voice scream from the other end made me spring upright. An action I instantly regretted as the entire room started spinning. Holding my head, I turned to see Kibum move next to me. How come he is in the same bed as me?!

“Min…ho…”

Turning my attention back to the call, I replied,

“Hyung?”

“Min..ho…!” I felt his voice quiver.

“Hyung! What is wrong?! Are you crying!?” I could hear sobbing from the other end. What is going on?!

“Hyung are you there? Hyung?!” Then after some shuffling from the other end, I heard Jinki hyung’s voice.

“Minho?”

“Jinki hyung? Hyung, what is happening? Why is Jonghyun hyung crying?” My voice seems to have woken Kibum, as he sat up and rubbed his eyes before looking around trying to make sense of his surrounding. I heard a gasp leave him, probably realizing where he was. When he noticed that I was awake and on a call, he raised his eyebrows as if to inquire who was on the call. ‘Jonghyun hyung’ I mouthed back.

“Minho, are you there?”

“Ah, yes Jinki hyung, you were saying?”

“Can you bring Tae over to Hwasal?”

“What? Why? I mean, why so suddenly?” I could hear him sigh before he answered,

“There was an attack on the palace a few days ago….”

“WHAT! Are you hurt? Is Jonghyun hyung fine? Who did it?!” I felt anger building up inside me. How dare they attack the palace?????

“Minho calm down…..We are fine. That is actually not what we are worried about…..” he trailed off.

“Then?”

“Yesterday we received a parcel, it was sent from Dokkam…..”

“Dokkam?! I did not send anything and I do not think mother did either…..”

 

“Yes we understood that once we opened it actually…”

“What did it have?”

“Bloodied clothes…..”

“WHAT???” My reactions were causing Kibum to frown. He wanted to know what I was talking about. He kept pinching me to get my attention.

“They were Tae’s clothes…..”

“My Baby…..Please ask him if my baby is safe…..Onew please! I want my baby……” I could hear Jonghyun hyung sobbing in the background. Jinki hyung was trying to comfort him.

I turned my attention towards Kibum.

“Kibum, where is Taemin?” he blinking in confusion before replying.

“He was with Crown Mother last night. What’s wrong?”

“Can you check on him?” I knew he wanted to ask more but left it at that for now. Just as he left to check on Taemin, Jinki hyung got back on the call.

“Minho are you there?”

“Yes hyung, you were saying?”

“The box had Dokkam’s seal and it contained Tae’s blooded clothes and a letter.”

“What did it say?”

“It read- ‘Next time it won’t be your Son’s Shirt, but your Son himself in pieces’. Jjong has been having panic attacks since then. He wants Tae in front of his eyes.”

“Hyung, you know I will protect Taemin. I will not let any harm fall on Taemin!”

“I know Ming, I trust you! I tried explaining Jjong the exact same thing but at the moment, he is freaked out and is not ready to listen to any reasoning. I am really sorry but can you please bring Tae over?”

“Ehhhh hyung, there is some issue which needs my presence, but do not worry! I shall check with Kibum and see if he can accompany Tae. I will provide the absolute best of best guards for their protection so do not worry about their safety in my absence.”

“That is perfectly fine Minho. I know you will make sure of their safety, but what issue are you facing? Something I can help with?”

I felt my shoulders tense as all the memories assaulted me. As I was about to answer, I saw Kibum enter the room. He had Tae with him.

 

 

“Just some issue at the orphanage. We can talk about this later. I will arrange for their travel at the earliest and keep you posted.”

“Arraso! Take care of yourself and let me know if you need any help.”

“Likewise hyung.” I replied before hanging up.

“Uwncleee!!!” I heard Tae’s excited yell before he jumped on me, tackling me on the bed. I hugged him before ruffling his hair, which caused him to giggle.

“Did you sleep well with grandmother?”

“Ywess!”

 “Good! Tae, do you want to go home to mommy and daddy?” Kibum raised an eyebrow at my question.

“Twoo Mommy? Ywess Tae mwiss mommy! Tae gwo hwome!!!!”

“But I will miss you if you go…” I pretended to be sad. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kibum trying to control his laugh.

“Uwncle cwome two wif Tae?” Pinching his cheek, I laughed before replying,

“I wish I could but sadly I cannot.”

Then I address Kibum the next.

“Kibum, could you do me a favor please?”

“What is it?” I patted the spot next to him, nonverbally letting him know that it is a long discussion.

“Jinki hyung called. A few days ago, there was an attack on  his palace and yesterday, they received a parcel with Tae’s clothes. They were stained with blood. Now Jonghyun hyung is panicking and wants Taemin back. Jinki  hyung asked me if I can bring Tae over there but sadly, I still have something I need to sort out at the orphanage and I need to find who used Dokkam’s seal to send that parcel to them. No one has the authority to use it except me. So….can you…you know, accompany Tae to Hwasal? I will make sure to secure your travel. After what happened, I cannot entrust his safety to anyone else.” I asked him earnestly.

“You do not have to make a request for something like this Minho. I’ll happily go along with Tae and do not worry. I’ll protect him to the best of my ability. Just tell me when do I have to leave?” I never expected him to readily agree to this! Kibum I am really thankful to have you here!

“You both prepare for the journey; I will arrange everything till then. Taemin-ah, go with Kibum, he will be taking you to mommy and daddy. And promise me you will be good for him during the travel.” I raised my pinky for Tae to link.

“Powmiss!” he squealed as he linked his finger with mine. We could not help but laugh out loud at his cuteness!

“Here, drink this! It will help you with your migraine and hangover.” Kibum handed me a glass of lemon water and some pills. How did he know I have a migraine?

“How did you know I needed this?” I inquired as I took a sip of the offered drink and gulped the pills with it.

“Simple. You were drunk last night and you kept rubbing your temple as you spoke now.” My hand froze, just as it was about to rub at my temple to elevate the throbbing pain. Chuckling, I shook my head.

“Come Taemin-ah, let’s go get ready! You want to see your mom right?” He took Tae in his arms as they left together, giggling and squealing about their upcoming journey.

The sight brought a foreign warmth in my chest. Time to get up, there’s lot to be done!

Wait….so why exactly am I in Kibum’s room again???

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Key’s POV

I did not realize how serious Minho was when he said he’ll take care of our safety. I mean, we had three troops of armed guards! They surrounded us as we boarded the flight to Hwasal! And now they divided in groups and are traveling with us as we make our way towards the Hwasal Palace. I was feeling like a Royalty with so much protection! I mean I’m a celebrity but I have never needed so much protection in my life before this! Our car was heavily tinted; some guards were with us in our car while the rest were in the two other cars that were ahead of and behind us.

“Kidum!” I heard Tae call out. He was being very fussy, probably because of the long travel.

“Yes Tae?” I patted his hair back in place, as I turned my entire attention on him.

“Tae hwungry!!” he whined as he climbed into my lap and laid his head on my chest.

“Would you like some snacks?” I asked as I rubbed his back. All he did was hummed.

Bending down, I pulled the bag I had packed for our journey. When travelling with kids, it’s always better to be prepared. Just when I was about to grab the handle of the bag, the car swiveled around rashly, causing me to jerk forward in my seat. Tae, who was in my lap, ended up bumping his head on the seat in front of us.

What was happening? I hugged Tae tightly to my chest as the car came to an abrupt halt. Please do not tell me we are under attack!!!!!

“Tae, baby, are you alright? Does it hurt?” I asked as I rubbed his head trying to soothe him.

“Mommyyyyy!!!!!!” he kept calling out for his mom. 

“Hush baby, do not cry! We’ll be with your mommy soon, please do not cry!” I consoled him while at the same time trying to strain my ears to catch what was happening outside. Should I get out and check? Would it be safe to do so?

At that moment, I heard someone fiddle with the car door. No! Please! What do I do? Looking around to see if there was anything I could use as a weapon, but unfortunately there wasn’t anything I could use to defend and protect us.

Taemin kept crying in my arms, he must be scared with all the events. I pulled him closer to my chest if that was even possible.

“Tae, baby, do not cry! I’ll protect you, I promise. You’ll soon be with your mom, but please calm down for now!” I whispered to him.

Just as the door started opening, I felt my heart palpitate with fear. God! I do not want to die here! Minho! Please! Please save me!  I closed my eyes preparing to protect Tae with my life if I have to. Like a prayer, Minho’s name kept ringing in my head, wishing, somehow, he’ll come and protect us.

“Master, are you both alright?” I heard someone ask. Opening my eyes, I saw one of the guards peering in from the open door. Blinking, I let out a sigh when I finally recognized him as the head guard of our protection troop.

“W….we are fine! What was all that?” I stuttered

“Someone attacked our cars, but luckily no one was harmed! Whoever it was had a very bad aim. The bullet was almost shot at the tires; hence the car went a bit out of control! Is the Prince safe?” he asked looking down at Taemin who was clinging to me like a koala.

“Tae, baby, are you alright?” I patted his back. He raised his little face that was tear strained as blinked at me.

“Hwurt” he cried. I rubbed his head and check to see if he had any bumps.

“I’m sorry baby! Once we reach the palace, we’ll ask mommy to give you some medicine okay?” He  nodded before laying his head back on my chest. I turned towards the guard before addressing him.

“How long will it take to reach the palace? Taemin bumped his head on the seat when the car swiveled out of control. I’ll like to get him checked by a physician as soon as possible!”

“We should be there in next 20 minutes maximum. I just wanted to check if you both were safe. We’ll move now.” Saying this, he closed the door behind him.

I leaned my head back on the seat and closed my eyes. That was close! I have never been so scared in my life! Not only for my own safety but for someone else’s too! What made me scared the most was the thought that I probably I wouldn’t be able to see Minho again!