Coincidences

A Broken Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just a heads up, this chapter is primarily about AmuDai! :) The next one will primarily feature YamaRio!

 

-- A week later --

 

Amu felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Immediately, she ran into the bathroom and picked it up. "SOO How did it go?!" Amu asked, knowing very well that Rio gets her results back today. 

 

"Amu-chan... I passed!" Rio exclaimed as Amu jumped in joy.

 

"Congrats Rio! I'm so happy for you! Your hard work has finally paid off!" 

 

"There's just one thing... Promise you won't get mad at me?" 

 

"I promise but if it involves you bringing home another drunk man then we have to talk." Amu answered as Rio chuckled on the other end. 

 

"Well... My hospital wants me to start as soon as tomorrow. They're low on physicians so they want me to step in. I have to stay behind today at work to complete all the papers of my department transfer.." Rio explained. She was supposed to help Amu pick out Chinen's birthday gift today and Rio felt guilty for not being able to accompany her on this mission. 

 

"I don't know how you'll think I'll be mad at you. That's exciting! Take all the time you need!" Amu smiled, thinking back to all of the endless nights Rio had stayed up studying for all of her exams. 

 

However, Amu's smile instantly vanished when she heard the familiar voice call out for her. "AMU!" 

 

"Eh? Is that..." 

 

"Yeah, it's my boss. I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?" After Amu hanged up, she slipped her phone back into her pocket and walked out, only to be immediately confronted by her manager. 

 

"Where have you been?!" 

 

"I was in the bathroom..." Amu tried to explain herself. "I was only gone for a m-"

 

"We have an important guest coming this evening. He's already here and you decide to sneak away like that?" 

 

"I-I'm sorry." Amu apologized as her manager sighed.

 

"Just get over to the studio room now."

 

"Yes, miss." 

 

As soon as Amu entered the studio, she froze, not believing who she saw in front of her. 

 

"Daiki?"

 

Sitting at the other end of the table, Daiki froze as well. "Eh?" He uttered, his expression mistaken by Amu's manager. 

 

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry Arioka-san." Her manager bowed. "Please forgive my assistant's rudeness."

 

"No, it's perfectly fine." Daiki insisted, waving his hands. "I'm used to being called by my first name." He added, hoping that this extra statement would help Amu out. 

 

Meanwhile, Amu was frantically flipping through the pages on her clipboard. Eventually she found his name on the schedule for the Tarzan Magazine interview and sighed. How did she miss that?

 

Amu's position was simple: She was the assistant to the director who was in charge of conducting interviews. The company she works at specializes in them. Although this seemed like a simple job, her manager always finds a way to make it complicated. 

 

"Oh, Daiki. That's really nice of you." Amu's manager began, her cheeks turning red in the process.

 

At this point, Daiki and Amu immediately knew that she was a fan of his. The boy instantly wanted to take back his words but it was too late- she was already calling his name nonstop.

 

"Daiki, would you like some water to begin with?" She asked, glancing at Amu who quickly obeyed her orders. Within a few seconds, Amu filled a cup with water from a pitcher and walked over to the boy, placing the cup in front of him. 

 

"Thanks..." He replied, taking a small sip. He didn't want to drink everything. Afterall, he was worried that Amu's manager might order her to refill his cup again. 

 

"Well then, Daiki... Shall we proceed with the interview?" The manager asked, taking the seat right in front of him. Amu stood behind her, ready to record the conversation on the recorder. 

 

"Y-yes." Daiki answered, suddenly nervous at the thought of Amu listening in. 

 

"Perfect, so how are you today?" 

 

"Doing well." 

 

"Everyone was shocked at the pictures! What inspired you to change your body?" 

 

Amu raised an eyebrow and snuck a quick glance at the man in front of her. 'Change your body?' Amu thought, obviously confused. 

 

"Well, for the past few years, I was really busy and I haven't been taking care of myself. This year, I just decided to take a drastic change to finally go to the gym and eat healthier."

 

"But it only took you a month to get those abs! How did you do it so fast?" Her manager asked.

 

"I had motivation." 

 

"May I ask where you received that motivation from?" 

 

"I made a promise to so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter