CHAPTER VIII

MY MOON

"Hey Chae let's get some lunch." Jungkook said while grabbing her right arm. He stops as soon as he feels Chaeyoung refusing-

-no, not actually refusing but she isn't moving and statued on her place looking by his hands on her arm. He can see her eyes became bigger and a bit open with her face flush. He removes his hand from her.

Chaeyoung just closes her eyes as she lost his touch. But, not when it was replace by his hands on her forehead. She looks up and saw him leaning a few inches from her face checking on her.

"Are you okay?? Are you sick?"

There's no words came out from her.

"You're so.. red?" He said and now he's cupping her face with his both hands. "Chae?"

Please somebody help me. She thinks as she closes her eyes.

Until,

"Yo!" A guy said while throwing his arms on her shoulder. She quickly turns and whoever it is really help her, a lot.

"Tae-" That's all she can say. His friend's name.

"What's happening here?"

"Chaeyoung is all red and-" Jungkook said but he was cut off by Chaeyoung.

"Let's eat!" She tried to say it cheerily and made her way followed by two men.

As they are eating on their food court, Chaeyoung never misses Jungkook always looking on her direction. Talking with Taehyung then glancing back at her.

It is frustrating.

How can she fall for her childhood friend?
When did it start? Maybe when they are playing on the swing and Taehyung pushing it a bit strong and before she fell down Jungkook is there catching her. Maybe when its her 14th birthday and nothing really is special but Jungkook throws a secret birthday party for her with Taehyung and his brother Jimin and make a duel with Taehyung that who wins will have a chance to dance with her under their built treehouse. Or maybe from the very first start he claims her heart without him realizing.

"Chae???" Taehyung now is looking on her with all concern.

"Ye-yes?"

"You're spacing out?" Taehyung asks but she can see Jungkook glancing at her so she nods her head down shying away the warmness from her face. "You know what Jungkook is right, I'll be back to get some medicine from the clinic."

Taehyung is the clumsy but concern for her all the time. He abruptly stand up to make his way but before that he looks back and points to Jungkook. "You. Look after her." And he's gone.

She somehow wants Tae to be there because he keeps the balance between them for her point of view.

"Chae? Is there anything you want to tell?"

She bravely looks up and guilt fills in as she saw him all concern.

She sighs. "I'm fine. There's just something bothering me. Its for me to find out."

"You can always tell, us."

She nods and shakes her head maybe it might help to erase some thought as she smiles and looks up to him.

She saw Jungkook looking back at her.

"Tokki?" It is what she called him. It is just only for her to him.

She blushes as he keeps staring at her with his mouth open and his eyes glimming with lights.

"Damn." Is the word he said.

She blushes more.

"You know Tokki-"

"Isn't she pretty?"

Chaeyoung is confused.

What

She looks back and saw her.

That her is IU.

The great and star of the school IU. She has this genuine innocent face. A smile so cute. Not to mention that her voice is angelic. All in opposite of what she is.

Plain

So all this time that face and that soft eyes were right staring at the back of her head.

He's eyes are on IUs'.

"I like her."

Chaeyoung can't say anything. She knows. She knows that all this time she will be just his childhood bestfriend. Her chest tightens.

"Do you think IU sunbae will notice me if I approach her?"

She wouldn't let her know about her heart.
She supports, that's all she sould be.

"Its for you to see." She whispers.

"I want to try."

That's it. She can't take this anymore. Feeling knots on her chest struggling her. She wants to say the opposite from what he has been saying but no words came out.

He opens his mouth wanting to say something but she stands up. She can't be with her right now. She need to escape.

"I really am not okay. I should go."

She leaves not looking back.

--

Weeks passed and she saw him and her walking side by side at the school ground. He looks happy. She want that smile, that giggles all for her but what can she do? IU is the star of the school many guys wants her to be theirs but no one succeeded but why now with her Tokki.

Every Saturday Jungkook and Taehyung always come to their house and hang out. They never misses that day because its their day.

But today, he misses it.

"Why Jungkook is not here?"Taehyung ask while grabbing some snacks from the fridge and came back sitting next to her on their couch.

She takes out her phone and open the message for Taehyung to see.

Will not be coming. Will accompany IU. Sorry. :(

"Ah.. so its getting serious about IU?"

"I don't know Tae."

He can see Taehyung knows she's sad.

"Why don't you tell him how you feel?" He out of the blue said and Chaeyoung's head merely snaps from turning to him.

"What??"

"I know you like him tho." He said while shrugging.

"I- uh-"

"Little do you know I like you for a very long time-" Taehyung said while looking on her direction. Her face getting warmer she can feel as he moves closer to her flustered face. How can she even miss and wonder when did Taehyung look this...handsome. He's the most playful among them but when did his face turns to be this attractive and his voice being deep. "-before."

"W-what?"

He leans back to the couch crossing his arms. "That was before. Even Jungkook knows it."

Why its coming all in once.

"But I gave you up." He said while grabbing his hair. "You are the most prettiest I've seen when we were kids."

She chuckles it is what a little Taehyung would say.

"I came to tell Jungkook about my feelings for you and when its your 14th birthday that arm wrestling dwell is all planned. He told me that if I win with 3 consecutive rounds he will let me confess." He grins.

She now remembers how the two stares at each other back then and they are using all forces to win and it ends up Jungkook winning all rounds and he dances with her under their tree house while Jimin comforts a crying Taehyung.

"Oh."

"We never tell you about that because you know its a brotherhood oath. It will always just be between us."

"But how come you tell it to me, now?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I moved on when I start looking at you with those adoring eyes towards him-" He said while looking at her. "-you never notice me."

She fell silent. It all came back. She can remember Taehyung always looking for her. Taehyung always care for her. Taehyung who always there to cheer her up. He never fail to show up.

"Chaeyoung. Don't feel so bad about it."

Her eyes starts to feel blurry.

He moves closer and hugs her. "Its okay, anyways if you don't break my heart I will never meet hot girls in our school." He grins and he receives a hit by the arm from Chaeyoung.

"You silly. Why are you so playful."

He just smiles. "Will always be here for you, Chaeyoung."

And she hugs him tightly than ever before.

 

 

--

lets have some flashbacks. Lol

 

Keep on subscribing and never forget your comments below! Thank you!

 

-teltubbywithlove