Blank

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks passed since Byul had last seen her. It's not as if she could anyway. She was much too busy preparing for her promotion, taking workshops at different hospitals, going as far as Daegu to attend one. Director Kim had been great to her, making sure she had sufficient amount of rest after each workshop. She had only attended three but her rest time had almost doubled. If she was honest, she felt bad for her residents, they were constantly going around to different doctors. On the other hand, she loved it. She had more time to spend with Yongsun who's health seemed to be getting better each day. She had never seen Yongsun so cheerful and bright. 

Wheein and Hyejin had gotten together like she had thought they would. Wheein had drukenly confessed to a sober Hyejin during one of their nights out. She couldn't help but be happy for the two. According to Yongsun, Hyejin had liked Wheein since middle school and was heartbroken when she disappeared after university. An aquaintance had informed Hyejin that they had seen someone that looked like Wheein in Seoul so she packed her things and started a new life, hoping to run into the girl she loved. 

Everything was perfect. Byul couldn't be any happier than now. For the first time in a long time, she felt like she was truly blessed. 

 

 

"Jaehwan, Yewon, I have a surgery in about an hour. You'll both be observing it so make sure you finish your tasks" Byul called out from her desk. She adjusted her glasses, watching as the two residents nodded, tired from their long shifts. "Yah, go take a nap, I'll wake you two in a half hour" Byul shook both of them, she chuckled. Reminicing about her days as a resident. 

"Unnie, we're fine" Ywon tried her best to hide the yawn. Jaehwan had already fallen asleep on the sofa she had. 

"Sleep. We have to make rounds after the surgery. You won't have time to rest for the next five hours" Byul replied. "Jaehwan can sleep here, go to the sleeping quarters. I'll come get you on my way over to the OR" Yewon nodded, unable to argue with Byul.

Byul decided to go and check the patient's condition once more before they knocked him out. 

 

As usual, the surgery was successful. Byul began discussing the detials with her two residents, going over their thoughts and things that could be improved. 

"Let's make our rounds" 

The three of them made their rounds without much trouble. Byul especially liked having two extra pairs of hands. Yewon was exceptionally good at taking care of the younger patiends while Jaehwan was good at the older folks. A perfect team. 

They approached YooA's room, the last on Byul's list of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter