Past Memories

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I really don’t have any ill feelings towards you. It’s really a shame it’s come down to this” Krystal sighed. Yongsun couldn’t tell if she was acting or not.

“Just tell me what I have to do” Yongsun gritted her teeth.

“...I suppose birds of a feather do tend to stick together. You’re both the same, desperate to save the other” Yongsun didn’t say anything. She just kept her eyes locked on Krystal’s.

“The only way for me to get my revenge is if I take something just as precious away from her” Krystal smirked. 


 

Flashback.


 

“Byulyi, we both know...with a hand like that, she has no chance of becoming a surgeon”

Soo Jung listened carefully to what has transpiring outside of her hospital room door. She looked down at her stitched up hand, it still ached from when Dr. Kim had cleaned it up.

“So...you’re telling me ...it's over for her? It can’t be...” 

“I know it’s difficult to accept but Soo Jung’s right hand motor functions will most likely never return to what they were before. I’ve seen too many cases like this” 

 

Soo Jung didn’t want to believe what she was hearing. “No...it can’t be ...I've worked too hard for too long to just give up on my dream...it can’t end here”

“Byulyi, I know this is sudden but, since Soo Jung is now injured, you’re the top candidate in our next hiring round. Your residency is about finished, why don’t you come work for us?” 

“I….isn’t that so soon? I mean with Soo Jung and everything…” 

“Hospitals are competitive Byulyi. You know better than to let someone else stop you from achieving your dreams. Soo Jung...she was talented and it really is a shame but, you have to think of yourself in this field” 

“Then….I...I’ll think about it....” 

“Good. Then, I’ll leave it to you to break the news to Soo Jung” 
 

Soo Jung was angry, angry that Byul could throw her away so fast. Angry Byul had stood her up for their dinner, angry that Byul did all of this to her. Angry that Byul was now living her dream and she was here, her hand now utterly useless. She knew she was wrong for cheating on her. She had developed feelings for two people at once and paid the price by losing one of them. 

Soo Jung watched as Byul entered the room, a water bottle in her hand. “How are you feeling?” Byul asked, opening the water bottle up. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter