CHAPTER 1: True and False

21st Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 1 | True and False

 

 

Jiyong decided to grab some early lunch near the police station after dealing with different people. He was actually not supposed to, for there's a lot of them that was really hard to handle, especially that businessman named Lee Seungri. However, he was not in the mood and he might get them all in jail if he stayed there, reason why he's currently inside the fast food chain, silently eating. 

"Excuse me.." a woman interrupted him. "Can I share a table with you?" 

Jiyong lifted up his head and saw a long black haired woman with catty eyes. He then looked sideways and saw that the place was full packed, meaning, he has no choice but to nod. 

"Thanks!" the woman smiled sheepishly as she placed her tray on the table and sat across him, "My friends are just right there. It's so unfortunate to have only two vacant seats from their table and I was left with nothing,” she elaborated while pointing the right side. 

Curiously, he followed her index finger and caught two woman already staring at him. One has an impassive expression while the other rolled her eyes and immediately turned to her food. 

His eyes remained on the latter, but the woman in front of him caught back his attention, "That woman in shorter hair is allergic to police, sorry," she giggled. 

Though curious, he never asked. They were strangers and he's not the type to mind everyone's business if it's not work related. Good thing, the woman stopped talking when he started to eat again. He prefers to be alone, and he's not really used to have company during lunch, specifically a woman. His lunch was done in real time and quickly, he stood up and excused himself as he dismantled his dishes.

He was uncomfortable, that's all he could say. 

Slowly, he walked his way back to the police station. He was taking his time because his lunch had done too fast. His nerves weren't calm yet and he needed a breather before coming back to frustration. 

Hands tucked inside his pockets, he passes by the corner. But his gazes caught someone, particularly a woman, stepping out of the fast food chain by the other door and looked sideways as if looking for someone. Then, their eyes met. His steps halted as he instantly recognized her. She's the woman with short hair who rolled her eyes on him. The one her friend says ‘allergic’ to police. 

Tilting his head, he watched her averting her gaze.

Suddenly, her expression changed as she looked over her shoulder. For years of studying about body language, he knew in just one looked that she's tensed. Running her fingers through her hair, she shifted her gaze back on him and strode towards his direction. 

Jiyong saw a guy exited the same door and trailed behind her. He thought it was just a lovers quarrel, so, he decided to leave them alone. However, the wom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter