Nothing but Trouble

21st Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 2 | Nothing but Trouble

 

 

 

 

He could feel her distaste of being there, and he remembered the woman who shared the table with him said this particular friend was allergic to police. 

Tilting his head, he intently listens to her while observing her every move. Unlike his first impression with the two boys, the woman seemed okay.. Minus the fact that she has a weird fashion taste.

"Where do you live?" Dongwook queried.

"Apgujeong, but we're originally from Busan"

"Are you a lawyer?" 

"No" 

"No?" Heechul interrupted. "But why these two wouldn't want to speak without you? We thought their sister is a lawyer, that's why we didn't insist on questioning them," he said with a hint of annoyance. 

The woman crossed her arms as she scowled at Heechul, "Because I'd instructed them to zip their mouth, and call me first when they get into trouble," she answered nonchalantly.

"And may I ask why?" Youngbae inquired politely.

"I don't trust people," she shrugged. "Who knows you'll provoke them, and then use their words against them to set them up for your s," she stated bluntly, while staring intently at Youngbae. 

All the officers gasped except for Jiyong, who's face remained blank as he stared at the woman and didn't flinch a bit with her sharp tongue. 

"We're not like that!" Heechul exclaimed defensively, "Seoul district plays fair and square!" 

Youngbae shook his head, "We don't do dirty works, Miss. It's so sad that there is someone who thinks negative about us.." he said solemnly.

The woman just smirked, and told Dongwook to continue his interrogation. Meanwhile, Jiyong kept his eyes on the her. Her snide remarks didn't escape from his ears, and thought that her prejudice towards policemen was that deep. His gazes then followed her hand when it runs through her hair, noticing that she already did it twice. He thought it could probably her mannerism whenever she's annoyed or frustrated. Then, he slightly grinned at the idea, that maybe, her strong attitude was just a facade. 

"Are you all blind or what? That's not my brothers," the woman hissed just right the moment when one of the junior police showed the CCTV footage. Shaking her head profusely, she added, "They don't have any tattoos" 

Automatically, all the officers brows furrowed including Jiyong. All of them showed confusion on their faces as they gathered together near the laptop and watched the footage intently. 

"How did you see it right away? I have 20/20 vision but.." Heechul shook his head in disbelief. 

On the other hand, Dongwook stood up and checked the two young guys' forearms and legs. "It's clean," he announced with a scowl. 

Jiyong narrowed his eyes upon seeing the woman grin slyly. She looked so smug that made him quite suspicious. "Where were your brothers last Saturday, at eight in the evening?" He suddenly asked, quite startled everyone except for the three strangers. 

Dee Choi raised her eyebrows and stretched her lips more, "In the KTX going here in Seoul," she responded straightout. "Want some proof? Uno, the tickets.." The blonde guy she called ‘Uno’ quickly complied, as he happily pulled out something from his pocket and handed it all to his sister. "I didn't know your being sentimental will be useful," the latter stated, then patted the top of the head of the guy.

The scene was heartwarming, but not until the woman turned back on Jiyong with a taunting look, "Here's their passes. Go check and see it with your own eyes," she commanded. 

Being a police officer for years, Jiyong already dealt with a lot of people, and this woman in front of him wasn't new at all. Her rude attitude wont fuss him. And if he didn't meet her earlier, he would think she's one of those independent woman who doesn't need any help at all. 

With a void expression, he accepted the tickets and checked each, only to see that she's not lying. With a still blank face, he returned it back to her and nodded. "You may go. Sorry for the inconvenience," he said in a very polite way.

"Chief?" Yesung and almost everyone else protested when the three begins to leave. "Are you sure? Don't you want to investigate more?"  

He just shook his head in response, whilst his eyes remained watching the woman. 

"I really have a bad feeling about this," Leetuk muttered.

Dee Choi hastily walked past them, while the two guys were trailing behind her, hopping. They looked so innocent which made the officers asked themselves how did they even suspected them. But the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter