14: HOME (NEW!)

Take You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY BAEKHYUN DAY!! <3

14: HOME

The door opens and the assistant let the two visitors in. The tall guy busies himself looking around the office, in awe how elegant it looks; while the other guy walks straight to Soohyun, arms crossed to his chest. Both of them are wearing caps and have face masks under their chins—probably to hide from paparazzies.

            “Does Junmyeon knows you’re here?” she asks them both.

            “No,” Chanyeol responds first. “It’s actually our break time, we just snuck out,” he adds.

            “Baekhyun!” she yells at the other guy when she sees him shamelessly glaring at her secretary. He turns to her with a pout.

            “YOU!” Baekhyun points at her.

            Soohyun points back at herself. “Me?”

            “Who told you to leave the house?!”

            She creases her brows. “No one,” she tells him.

            Shin walks sideways subtlety towards his boss. Then, he leans onto her ear. “Should I call security?” he whispers to her.

            “Why would you call security?!” she shouts in a whisper.

            “What if he hurts you? He seems mad,” he whispers back.

            Baekhyun frowns at the sight of them whispering to each other.

            “He will not hurt me,” she grits out through her teeth. “But, you? Yes,” she adds, kiddingly.

            Shin squints his eyes at her, then he shifts his eyes at Baekhyun, who’s been struggling to hear their whispers at each other. Shin doesn’t know Baekhyun. Yes, there are still some people in Seoul who doesn’t know some idols.

            Shin is about to whisper on her ear again when Baekhyun cuts him off. “Stop whispering on her ear!” he hollers.

            “Where do you want me to whisper, on her lips?” Shin taunts the idol.

            Soohyun gives Shin a sheer nudge on his ribs when she sees Baekhyun’s expression turns grim. Chanyeol gasps, amused that someone else is triggering his best friends other than the members.

            “Say that again?” Baekhyun mutters in a low, cold voice.

            But Shin remains calm, as if not threatened.

            Chanyeol’s phone rings on cue. His big eyes widen when he sees the leader’s name on the caller ID. They’re dead. He abruptly tugs Baekhyun’s shirt in an urgent manner. They are so dead.

            He lets the phone ring, afraid to answer it and hear Junmyeon’s angry voice on the other line, or worse, Minseok’s. They’ve been gone for almost an hour now, given that they traveled half an hour to get there—of course, they will notice they are gone.

            Baekhyun looks over his best friend with a scowl. Shin is really getting on his nerve. Chanyeol widens his eyes at him, showing him his ringing phone.

            “You two have to leave now,” Soohyun dismisses them.

            Baekhyun returns his eyes at her. “You’re going with us,” he avows.

            Chanyeol keeps on tugging Baekhyun’s shirt, panicking. “You said we’ll just check on her. She seems fine here, Baekhyun. Let’s go now before Junmyeon hyung tells Manager Youngmin about our disappearance. And besides, we got here through my scooter, where will she ride?!” he blurts rapidly.

            Baekhyun purses his lips. He’s at a dead end. His only plan is to check on her, that’s why he called her this morning. But when a man’s voice answered his call, he made up his mind to bring her home with them no matter what.

            “Baekhyun,” Soohyun calls him softly. He turns to her with hesitation in his eyes. “I won’t go with you. But, I’ll be fine here,” she assures him.

            “But—”

            “YAH!” a voice cut-off Baekhyun. They all turn their heads at Chanyeol who is holding his phone, in a loud speaker, up in the air. Chanyeol looks like someone who’s having a troubled stomach. “WHERE ARE YOU?!” the guy on the other line shouts again.

            Baekhyun closes his eyes firmly at how angry their leader sounds on the phone right now. They are absolutely dead. He only told Chanyeol that they will only check on Soohyun, because he knows his best friend will not go with him had he told him that he will not go back without the maiden. Soohyun sighs at the sight of the two idols looking so problematic.

            “PARK CHANYEOL!” Junmyeon shouts at the other line again.

            “Chanyeol,” Soohyun calls, pushing him to answer their leader.

            “Baekhyun dragged me along to see Soohyun!” Chanyeol blurts out in panic.

            Baekhyun gapes at him with a betrayed look in his face. He does not expect this to turn out this way. Junmyeon will surely kick his . Not to mention Minseok. Oh, God, Minseok hyung.

            “WHAT—?!” The line goes silent for a second, as if the line has been cut-off. “Baekhyun,” a calm, eerie Minseok calls on the other line.

            Baekhyun’s eyes widen at the mention of his name in a very scary manner. Chanyeol waves the phone in front of his friend, urging him to take it. Baekhyun shakes his head. He looks over Soohyun for help. She widens her eyes at him, then mouths: ‘talk!’

            Baekhyun gulps. “H-hyung?”

            Soohyun facepalms. These two are so doomed. She extends her hand, asking for the phone from Chanyeol. He gladly passes the phone to her. “Minseok oppa,” she calls.

            “Ah, Soohyun,” Minseok retorts in a very different mood from how he answered the phone earlier. “Did the two whimper out and made you answer the phone?”

            She smirks as she glances at the two idols. “No, but I think Chanyeol’s about to cry.”

            “He can cry here while practicing until midnight.” Chanyeol’s shoulders drop tiredly upon hearing that. So much for helping his best friend check on a girl.

            “I’ll send them out,” she says, chuckling.

            “Thanks, Soohyun.” Then she ends the call.

            “Baek—”

            “Not without you,” Baekhyun cuts her off promptly. Chanyeol sighs behind him. He knows his best friend is stubborn, but never been this stubborn.

            Soohyun stands up from her seat, then walks around the table to face Baekhyun better. The determination in his eyes tells her that he’s really not going anywhere without her, but she can’t go with him. Not yet.

             “Baekhyun,” she mutters soothingly, “I can’t leave. I have things to do here.”

            Baekhyun looks around her office dejectedly. He knows she has to stay, but the thought of her staying in one place with her father scares him. He’s scared that she’ll be hurt again. “Then, later will you…” he stops, a bit hesitating, “…at least, come home to us?”

            “Home,” she weakly echoes as she softens at the word. She lowers her head to avoid Baekhyun’s stares. She never treats any place a home. But hearing that from Baekhyun, as if home is with them, she realizes how close she became with the guys. “You should leave, Minseok’s already mad at you two,” she sternly says to dismiss them.

            Baekhyun weakens at that. “Come on, Baek,” Chanyeol easily yanks him towards the door. He pushes Baekhyun outside, then faces Soohyun. “You have our numbers, call us when you need us.”

            “Thank you, Yeolie,” she softly says.

            As the door closes, she catches a glance of Baekhyun looking down. It’s a painful sight. Her eyes stay at the closed door as if waiting for it to open again.

            “He looks like someone who’s been rejected,” Shin breaks the silence. “And you look like someone who rejected him.”

            “I didn’t—”

            “That boy likes you,” Shin cuts her off.

            “Where did that—”

            “And you, obviously, like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter