Prologue: Hello, I'm Haneul!

하늘하늘2 ( Sky! Sky! 2 )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi stirred as morning sunlight slipped through the window and fell on her face. Her eyebrows knitted with a small grumble, her wife had forgotten to close the curtain before going to bed again. However, her grumble soon turned into a chuckle as the culprit snuggled into the crook of her neck, trying to hide from the playful sunlight while mumbling grumpily as well.

Byulyi found herself getting more awake due to the restless movement of the person by her side. She opened her eyes, squinting. It took her a while to adjust the bright light. A smile formed on her lips when she looked at the woman whose hair kept tickling her neck. She could not help but kissing the older woman’s chubby cheek. The softness never disappointed her.  

“Good morning”, Byulyi greeted with a smile when her wife was whining about the sudden wetness on her cheek.

“Mmmhmm, morning”, Yongsun mumbled back with her eyes shut, before letting out a long yawn.

“Your breath stink”, Byulyi joked, her arm lifted up to get ready for a punch from the older woman.

“And you’ve lived with it for more than 5 years”, Yongsun replied calmly and yawned again before opening her eyes. “Why is it so bright here?”

“Guess who forgot to close the curtain?” Byulyi said with a playful smirk. “Again”  

“Oh… oops”, Yongsun smiled shyly while looking away to avoid her wife’s stare. “It’s only 7. How about sleeping a little more? I will close the curtain.”

“It’s fine”, Byulyi caught Yongsun’s arm to stop the older woman from getting up. “Last night she went to bed quite early, so she probably will wake up soon.”

As soon as Byulyi finished her sentence, they could hear a faint footstep from the connecting room. “See”, Byulyi chuckled before closing her eyes again, fake sleeping. Yongsun also did the same.

 

The footstep got clearer and clearer until Byulyi felt the mattress at her side sink because of a sudden weight, following by small arms wrapping around her neck.

“Mama, wake up”, a silvery voice rang in her left ear. Byulyi’s lips curved into a smile but she did not open her eyes yet. She wanted to play a little longer.

“Wake up, mama~”, the little one tried again after climbing on her mama’s stomach, this time a bit louder. However, her mama still showed no sign of waking up. Without thinking further, she leaned forward and started attacking her mama’s face with kisses, a lot of kisses. As a result, her mama immediately opened her eyes.

“Good morning mama”, she greeted excitedly. Her eyes twinkled as she succeeded half of her task.   

“Good morning sweetie”, Byulyi smiled sweetly. “Thanks for waking me up as always.”

Haneul grinned happily, her bunny teeth popped out as well as her two little mouth-corner dimples. Waking her two moms in the morning was the toddler’s favorite task. The little one would be sulky if she woke up to find none of her moms lying on their bed.

“Have a nice dream?” Byulyi asked before kissing Haneul’s chubby cheek. So soft, she kissed it again. Smell so nice, another kiss. She could not help but kissing the little one’s cheeks again and again and again. Byulyi was addicted to the softness of her daughter’s cheeks.

Haneul giggled while burying her face into her mama’s neck. “Yes, Mr. Bunny took me to the candy house. There were candies and chocolates everywhere~”

“Sound fun. Mama wants to go there too”, Byulyi pouted, pretending to be sad.

“Don’t be sad mama. Haneul will tell Mr. Bunny to take you there next time”, Haneul replied quickly, tiny hands caressing her mama’s face to soothe her. Haneul hated seeing her mama sad.

“Thank you baby”, Byulyi was melted with her daughter’s caring action. Haneul was her little honeybunch. “Mama love you”

“Haneul love mama too”, the toddler said cutely before giving her mama a big hug.

 

“Ahem”, Yongsun deliberated a cough. She had lost patience to wait for her turn, especially when she kept hearing lovey-dovey sounds from her wife and her kid. Do not misunderstand, she did not say she envied and felt left out.

As expected the sudden cough successfully drew the two’s attention. Byulyi chuckled, knowing the purpose behind it.

“Haneul-ah, can you wake your mommy up please? Mama will get ready first and prepare your breakfast okay?” Byulyi said while combing the toddler’s soft and silky shoulder-length hair with her fingers.

“Okay mama”, Haneul nodded her head confidently before climbing down from her mama’s belly.

“Good girl”, Byulyi gave her daughter a quick peck before getting up and walking to the bathroom. She truly needed to wash her face. The little one was too enthusiastic with her morning kisses just now that she had left quite a lot of saliva on her mama’s face, a proof of her love for her mama.  

 

Yongsun could know that her wife had left when she felt the mattress shift. Finally it’s my turn, she was tired of fake sleeping already.   

 “MOMMY WAKE UP!!!” Yongsun was little startled by the siren-like voice.

God, who did she take after to be this loud?  

“Wake up”, Haneul began shaking her body. “Mommy~~~”, tiny hands started patting her face impatiently. 

Hey, isn’t it a bit violent?

Just before Yongsun decided to stop her acting, she could feel a small hand sneak into her shirt, making a contact with her bare waist. It was an unpredictable attack, Yongsun didn’t see it coming. An electric wave was sent to her brain, making her whole body cringe. When Yongsun came back to her sense, she was already sitting on the hard floor with a thin blanket trapped on her thigh. 

“Good morning mommy”, an exciting greet drew her attention. On their bed, the culprit was clapping while giggling happily, enjoying her achievement.

“Yah Kim Haneul! Why can’t you wake me up more nicely?” Yongsun grumbled while rubbing her , luckily their bed was not too high. Her grumble only made Haneul more excited.

“It was unf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter