CHAPTER TWO: VOICES

The Mirror

VOICES

"She went like 'THE MIRROR CALLED MY NAME!' and I was about to hit her with my bag." Eunmyung blew her bangs. The girl with blue hair whom they call Jini who sat across her was laughing so hard watching Eunmyung’s 'im so done' expression. It was right after Yihan picked Yibyul up from the cafe as they went to buy groceries together afterwards, leaving the speechless Eunmyung alone. She spent some time in doing her online part time job for a few hours until Yibyul came across her mind. Without hesitating, she took out her phone, called a friend names Jini.

The three of them were neighbours and went to the same middle high school. By the time Yibyul and Eunmyung graduated and got accepted by Seoul Art University, Jini and her family moved to Seoul. Just like fate put them together once again, they got to live in the same town in Seoul.

"Anyway, what's with that blue hair of yours huh? And I heard you're no longer the school president?" Eunmyung raised a brow, already judging Jini. "Don't give me that look, blue is bae." Jini wriggled her eyebrows, as she winked at Eunmyung. “…plus, I’m sick of being the top student just like back then in Busan.” Jini continued as she took a sip of her coffee. Eunmyung raised a brow. “Let me guess, you left your aunt house?” Jini choked on her coffee. “Wait wh- How did yo- YOU STALKED ME?!” Jini pointed at Eunmyung. “YAHH DID YOU KNOW STALKING IS LIKE INVADING PRIVA-” And before Jini can finish her sentence, Eunmyung smacked her head. “You’re in no position to lecture me young lady.” Eunmyung glared at Jini. “Psh, says the one who’s basically only 2 years older. To be exact 1 year and a half older.” Jini mumbled. Eunmyung was about to continue asking more about Jini when a phone call came.

: Hello?
: E-Eunmyung-ah
: Byul? Are you okay?
: I’m fine..for now..
: What do you mean by that?
: Yihan oppa won’t be coming home tonight a-and something happened..I’m left alone and I’m scared..the mir-
: We’ll be going there, just stay put.

 

 


“I..I’ll be fine. Eunmyung is coming.” Yibyul calmed herself. She freaked out when her hand went into the mirror as she touched it. Already running away from it as she curled up into a ball, shaking. “I think we scared her.” A voice then again appeared from the mirror. Yibyul turned her attention to the mirror once again. Yibyul closed her eyes, trying to ignore the voices coming from the mirror.

“Let’s just go, hyung.”
“No, Sanha. We can’t just give up.”
“Hyung, look at her, we scared her.”
“Let’s just try to convince her one last time.”
“Then why don’t we ask for help from others? It always been only you and me, if we get help from the others, I think-”
“No.”
“Aey, Jinjin hyung!”

Yibyul opened her eyes. ‘Jin..jin?’ A tear escaped her eyes. Once again she felt a slight pain in her heart. She stood up and walked towards the mirror once again. She heard how the two guy gasped. "Who are you?" She spoke up.

“We’re human too. Don't be scare." Yibyul took a deep breath.

"Come closer, I’ll tell you more about us.” Yibyul took a step forward.

“We’re just like you, living in another world.”  a meter away from the mirror, Yibyul stared closely at it. “Are you living in this mirror of mine?” She asked.

“Well, that basically it. Why don’t you try putting your hand into this mirror like earlier.”
“But hyu-”
“Shut up sanha.”

Yibyul hesitated. “Why should I?”

“You’re curious about us, aren’t you? We have rules here where we can’t tell you about us unless you put your hand into this mirror.” The guy replied.

Yibyul let out a deep breath. “Oh my gosh I must be crazy.” She shook her head, not going listen to the guy, but being the overly curious type of person, she ended up approaching the mirror, slowly putting her hand into the mirror, as the guy shouted,

“Sanha, NOW!”

 

And soon she found herself,

Being pulled into the mirror.