Epilogue

Knocked Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: Here is the final chapter. We got Youngjae's friends' reactions out of the way and I hope that was fun for you guys. Now it's time to get a little serious and find out what happens as Youngjae finally tells Jaebeom that he's pregnant.
I hope you'll like the ending to this short story. hugs and kisses to everyone<3

********

Around hour two of just tossing and turning in bed, Youngjae gives up and gets up, peering at the clock on his night stand. It reads 2:38am yet he can’t find sleep at all. Beside him Jaebeom is fast asleep. Eventually his restlessness will wake Jaebeom up for sure and that won’t be fair because Jaebeom needs all the rest he can get on week nights. So Youngjae gets up as quietly as possible and goes to the kitchen to find something that can help him sleep.

Gosh he wishes he could drink some wine or 4 beers at least. That would knock him out for sure. Instead he has to settle for a glass of warm milk. He hates plain milk. Taking his glass with him, he goes to the living area to settle on the couch, turning one table lamp on. Youngjae can’t be sure how long he sits there in the dark, staring at nothing in particular and reluctantly sipping on his milk. The sound of footsteps padding into the room gets his attention and he turns around to find Jaebeom walking towards the couch. He looks sleepy too, Youngjae notes.

“What are you doing in here?” Jaebeom asks the moment he reaches Youngjae

Youngjae looks up at him with a sad smile. “I couldn’t sleep.”

Jaebeom runs a palm over his face all the way through his hair, pushing it back, and then he looks down at the glass in Youngjae’s hand and makes a face. “Why are you drinking that?”

“I’m hoping it’ll help.”

Jaebeom shakes his head and gently takes the glass from Youngjae, putting it on the table before sitting down on the couch next to Youngjae. He opens his arms invitingly and Youngjae immediately folds his legs at the knees, pulls them up onto the couch and then he falls into Jaebeom’s waiting embrace. Youngjae sighs serenely at the feeling of being in Jaebeom’s arms. While one arm is wrapped around Jaebeom’s waist, he uses the other to intertwine their fingers.

This is exactly what Youngjae needs right now. It’s in these arms that he feels all his worries and stress fade away.

They sit there for a while in tranquil silence until Jaebeom speaks up, voice gentle as if not to disturb the peace.

“What’s on your mind?”

“It’s nothing I want to talk about. Just keep holding me like this. Please.”

“Of course. I’m not going anywhere.” Jaebeom punctuates the promise with a kiss on Youngjae’s head.

*********

Two days later, Jinyoung and Jackson show up at Youngjae’s doorstep with a fruit basket and twin grins on their faces.

“I hear that Jaebeom is visiting his parents this evening. We figured you shouldn’t be alone when you are feeling all ty and stuff.” Jackson explains.

Youngjae isn’t sure he is up for any company this evening. He was okay with eating a quick microwave dinner, choking down a glass of warm milk and then going to bed.

He supposes it’s not the worst fate having these guys over. There is some joy in having caring friends after all. So, He steps aside at the door to let his friends in.

“I wasn’t sure what you’d like to eat, so I brought fruit. One can never go wrong with that.” Jinyoung explains as he now takes the lead, heading to the kitchen with Youngjae and Jackson in tow.

“I’d like an apple.” Youngjae admits, looking at Jackson, who smiles back and slings an arm around Youngjae’s shoulders to pull him into a side hug as they walk.

Jinyoung sets the fruit basket down on the surface of the kitchen island and then he goes to look for a knife. He has cooked so many times right in this kitchen, so he knows where everything is. He returns to the island with a knife and some plates and then he starts opening up the basket with Jackson’s help. Youngjae takes a seat across them, chin propped up on his elbow.

“You’re still not panicking out of your mind, are you?” Jackson asks, reaching for some fruit and handing it to Jinyoung.

“I am and I think the worse it gets, the more obvious I’m becoming. At this rate I’m afraid Jaebeom hyung will figure out what’s going on.”

Jinyoung waves that off. “Trust me; Jaebeom isn’t that smart or intuitive. Again, I’m sorry someone like that knocked you up.”

Youngjae stares at Jinyoung in disbelief, wondering how he can insult his own best friend while casually cutting up some fruit with such practiced grace. “Jaebeom hyung isn’t that bad you know.”

“of course he isn’t. I’m merely pointing out that his sense of style . I mean the piercings, the overgrown hair, that stupid ponytail he likes to wear…” Jinyoung trails off, shaking his head.

“We are going way off course.”

“Just saying.”

“I don’t think any of that has a bearing on someone’s ability to be a good parent.”

“I know. I just felt like trashing my bestie’s sense of style.” Jinyoung grins as he puts his fruit in a bowl, grabs two forks and pushes the bowl towards Jackson so that they can share.

Youngjae stares at the injustice in front of him. “Won’t either of you cut some fruit for me?”

Both Jackson and Jinyoung look at Youngjae like he just asked the most ridiculous question in the world. Youngjae continues. “Didn’t you say you brought the fruit for me?”

They continue to stare.

“Never mind then.” Youngjae sighs, shaking his head.

Jinyoung suddenly grins and pushes the same plat towards Youngjae. “I’m only kidding. Lighten up. You are all sorts of tense and it’s not a good look. It’s bad enough you’ve already stopped putting effort into your appearance. Imagine what will happen when the baby comes?”

“Please don’t scare me, hyung.”

“I’m just saying. You’ve changed so much in so little time.”

“Yeah. You need to relax a little.” Jackson adds

“I can’t relax because I’m keeping something so important from my boyfriend. This morning I couldn’t even kiss him right because I was convinced my breathe smells different now that I’m pregnant.”

Jackson frowns, “I’m pretty sure all that is in your head.”

“I even tried BamBam’s advice about positive thinking my worries away, but nothing is working. I’m a nervous wreck all the time.”

Jinyoung scoffs, “first of all, nothing BamBam ever says is sensible. Don’t listen to him or his better half. Those two make a complete pair of chaos and evil.” Jackson nods like his boyfriend has just spoken the gospel truth.

“Mark hyung isn’t any better. I tried talking to him and he couldn’t stop babbling about god parents.”

Jinyoung suddenly brightens at the mention of that. “I call dibs on god parenting your kid.”

“I think I’ll have to talk to the father of my child about that.”

“I guess that’s a yes then. I’m Jaebeom’s best friend. He won’t say no.” Jinyoung brags as if he’s already got this in the bag.

Jackson gives him a pacifying smile and speaks as gently as possible, “Mark is also Jaebeom’s best friend. So am I.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter