Chapter 2

Catch 22

Hoony and Yoon were already in the meeting place by the time the couple arrived. 

 

Happy Anniversary Jinu hyung and Mino! Yoon greeted the couple as soon as they entered the room. Hoony and Yoon gave them a bro hug to congratulate the couple.

 

Four years! Damn, you guys are inseperable! Happy Anniversary you guys! Hoony said with a warm smile.

 

Hyung, do you remember how Mino is so worried that Jinu hyung will shush him away that day? 

 

Hahahaha. How could I forget about that? I remember I put my hand on Mino's chest and I actually thought his heart is gonna jump out! Hahahaha. 

 

Yah! Seunghoon hyung! Seungyoon-ah! 

 

Hahahahaha. Even if they didn't tell me that, it's all in your face that day! Gummy smile, remember babe? 

 

Not you too, Jinu hyung! Mino pouted and the 4 laughed their hearts out. 

 

The door opened and Hongduk came into view. The four stood tall as soon as they saw their leader. Hongduk motioned them to sit down which the four complied.

 

How are you boys? 

 

We're good Hongduk hyung. That vacation is a must! 

 

Glad you had fun Seunghoon-ah. By the way, Happy Anniversary Jinu and Mino! Im sorry to take up your special day for a mission briefing. Hongduk greeted the couple apologetically.

 

It was a bummer but it's fine Hongduk hyung. Everyday is like our anniversary anyways. Mino said that shocked the other three and impressed Hongduk.

 

Is that really you Mino? I'm pretty sure you were disappointed you are here instead of having fun with Jinu hyung. The youngest commented and everyone agreed.

 

Hahahaha. I was! But I thought, as soon as we get this done, we can always celebrate it on a different date, right Jinu hyung? Mino winked at his lover that earned him a kiss on the cheeks and a sweet smile from his babe. 

 

Ugh! Why am I single? Hoony commented. 

 

Hongduk chuckled with relief at the sight of the couple's sweetness. I'm glad you guys are cool with it. Now, let's start with the briefing.

 

Your mission involves exposing an illegal drug trade operation. The main suspect is the head of an emerging dessert corporation, Mr. Minsoo Shin. The org has been following him around for almost a year now. There are evidences collected overtime but none of those are solid enough to put him behind bars. The org gave us this mission to finally get a concrete proof against him. Sounds easy?

 

 

The four were silent. Jinu pursed his lips and finally spoke. 

 

Something feels odd, hyung. If it is that easy to collect evidence from just an emerging company, why us? Why not give this mission to the new recruits? 

 

Exactly Jinu! I was studying this mission before I called the four of you and I find it strange. The evidences collected by the new recruits are all weird. Either they are not pointing to the subject or it is misleading. It feels as if the data collected are laid by the suspect's own volition. It is as if the suspect himself was the one who laid them for us to see. So, the org decided to send us. I will email the entire details to you by midnight and see for yourselves. Start plotting. We'll have another meeting next week to finalize your strategy. Sounds like a plan for now? 

 

Yes! The four agreed in unison. 

 

Hongduk sighed and stood up. I guess I will leave the details for you to judge. I have to go. It was nice seeing you guys.

 

We'll visit you and your kid after this one Hongduk hyung. We still haven't seen your mini you. 

 

I'll be looking forward to that Seungyoon-ah. 

 

Hongduk waved them goodbye and left the four. 

 

What do you think guys? If this Minsoo Shin guy knows what's up, then this mission won't be that easy. It also sounds like we have to finish this quickly unlike our last mission with that psycho human trafficker. Seunghoon commented after their leader left.

 

I bet the data we needed against him is crypt_user protected. It won't be that easy for me to have my hands on it if we can't have an access from an administrator. Seungyoon explained his theory with the other three. It'll be reckless to try to hack it from an outside source. 

 

Getting into the company sounds like a challenge too. If that guy is on full guard, then we won't have an easy entrance. What do you think, Jinu hyung?

 

You're definitely right Mino. It'll be harder to have an access inside the company to get Yoon's hands on the information. Hoony is also right that we have to do this quick if we want a clean output. But for some reason, I don't feel too confident with this one. We really have to plan it carefully. Illegal drug trade is such a big operation. This involves a lot of big organizations and probably half of the black market's protection. Right now, we have to wait for the details this midnight and let's meet up tomorrow to talk about it. Understood?

 

Yes

 

The four then split their ways after agreeing to their temporary plan.

 

****

It was dinner time and the couple is back to their apartment with take outs on their hands. 

The drive back  was quiet and Mino noticed how deep Jinu was in his thoughts throughout the ride back home. 

Jinu went to the kitchen to set up the table for dinner. Mino hugged his boyfriend from behind.

 

Don't worry about it babe. We'll get this one done successfully just like all of our other missions. Hmmm?

 

Jinu turned around and put his hands around Mino's neck. He stared at him straight into his eyes.

 

Do you know what my real worries are?

 

Mino sighed and shook his head.

 

I am afraid that one of us will get hurt. I am scared everytime we do a mission that you will get hurt. That someone will take you away from me. So I wanted every mission to be perfect. I know the line of this job. I know how dangerous the missions can be. I know that we all agreed to this kind of life. But Mino, I just don't want to lose.... 

 

Shhhhh. I told you I'll protect you right? I will protect Seunghoon hyung. I'll protect Yoon. I will not let anyone touch you. And, I won't let anyone take me away from you. I promise. Everything will be okay. Okay?

 

Jinu smiled from Mino's reassurance and hugged him. 

 

Thank you Mino. Promise me that you will protect yourself the most. I won't be able to take it if something happens to you. So please, promise me. 

 

I promise you no one can harm me or anyone in our family. Mino kissed Jinu gently.

 

Now, let's eat coz I'm starving and after that.... Mino wriggled his eyebrows while smirking. Jinu just laughed at the sight of his cheeky boyfriend.

 

They ate dinner in peace and had "their" time afterwards. They were completely oblivious of the time and voluntarily forget about the mission to enjoy the last minutes of their anniversary. 

 

****

12:15 am. 

Seunghoon's phone rang.

Hello? What is it Seungyoon-ah?

 

Hyung, you've read it right?

 

Seunghoon sighed. Yes.

 

I think Mino won't like it. 

 

I agree. I hope he won't let his emotions run him. But on the other hand, Jinu hyung has always been a good support to him. 

 

True, but I still can't help but worry. I feel like this is gonna be a tough one.

 

We'll do our best Seungyoon-ah. Don't worry about it. Hmmm?

 

Thanks Seunghoon hyung.

 

Now, go to sleep and we'll meet the couple tomorrow. I bet they are having fun right now.

 

Hahahaha. I bet! 

 

The two dropped the call. 

That night, Seunghoon hardly had a good night's rest. 

 

 

"........ The trade involves a newly found anabolic steroids that is forced down to athletes. The results are optimum but the side effects includes extreme hallucination and euphoria after several use. The athletes were also found to have severe dependency on the drug. Luckily, the production is not on an extensive scale yet so we still have time before this cause a massive national casualty. 

Please talk about this in details within the four of you. Meet up and let's have another meeting regarding the plan. I'll see you next week. Time and place to be announced. 

                                                                    -Hongduk"