Chapter 18

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly the closed began to open. Her eyes pupils narrowed after being shot the sunlight that penetrated through the gap between the curtains in her bedroom.

 

“Yongsun… wake up! Are you not working today?” Mrs Kim shouted from outside followed by several knocks to the door. Hearing the word ‘work’, Yongsun awoke from her bed. Her tangled hair were pushed to back. She quickly reached for her phone near her pillow. Her eyes almost popped up. The clock was already showed 8.30 in the morning.

 

“Omma!! Why don’t you make me up earlier?!” She shouted while pushed the comforter and grabbed the towel as fast as lighting before disappeared to bathroom. Half an hour later, the step thumping was heard as she stepped downstairs hurriedly.

 

“I thought you have your off-day today. Be careful with your steps, Yongsun-ah.” Mr Kim reminded.

 

“Aishhh…” she frowned when her right foot hit her mother’s shelf. Yongsun rubbed her foot fast.

 

“See… your appa just said and you get hurt already.” Mrs Kim shook her head.

 

“I’m working today, appa. I am just too late already.” She drank her coffee in standing.

 

“Eat your breakfast first, Yongsun.”

 

“I’m in hurry, omma. I go first, see you guys later.” She quickly rushed out. “Bye..!!” she shouted before disappeared into her car. A minute later, the car left the house in fast speed.

 

Just the clocked shifted to 9.45 in the morning, she arrived at Asan Medical Centre. Her cold sweat started to wet her hands.

 

“You can do this, Yongsun!” She walked inside the hospital lobby while carried her briefcase and get closer to the reception counter.

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Are you Dr Kim Yong Sun?” the receptionist asked.

 

“Ah.. Yes. That’s me.” She nodded in embarrassed. Today was just her first day, but she already being late.

 

“Welcome Dr Kim. The director is waiting for you since this morning.”

 

Immediately her lips felt dry. Which director? Its not that man right? Yongsun began to feel uneasy. She felt like wanted to hit her head against the wall.  

 

“Let’s go, Dr Kim. Let me show you the way.” The receptionist said and she just nodded while followed her.

 

Her spit was swallowed as soon as they arrived in the front of the room with Dr Moon Byul Yi name on the door. She quickly grabbed the hand that was about to went up to knock the door.

 

“Wait.. wait..” Yongsun rubbed her chest while rearranged her breathing. The girl just smiled at her action. Calm down, Yongsun.. Relax..

 

“Okay.” She finally said.

 

The door was knocked.

 

“Dr Moon.. Dr Kim has arrived.”

 

“Come in.” her heart beat fast to hear the deep voice. The door knob being twisted and opened for her.

 

“Dr Kim..”

 

“Thank You.”

 

Yongsun stepped into the spacious office. She heard the door being closed from outside. There were only two of them was left alone. Suddenly the office felt cramped for her to breathe. The man was still diligently facing his computer on his desk and not even turned to look at her. Didn’t he see me? She mumbled.

 

Almost ten minutes had passes, she was still standing straight like a fool in front of him. She sighed deeply. Her patient started to run out. Finally she walked to the desk and knocked it harder to gain his attention.

 

“Excuse me! I am not a stone here.” She said annoying.

 

“And I also don’t like to be disturb while working. You can sit down first.” Byul replied with his eyes still on the computer’s screen.

 

“If you have a lot of works, you don’t have to ask me in.” Yongsun mumbled and walked to the grey coach that placed in the middle of the office, waiting there like a fool.

 

The clock strikes. From sitting up straight, she was leaning back to the coach lazily. But Byul still not moving from his earlier position. She closed her eyes for a moment when she felt her eyes began to heavy. Maybe because she did not having her breakfast this morning.

 

From behind his glasses, Byul glanced at his wife a seconds and he resume his works again. Almost half an hour later, he took of his glasses while pinched his nose. He got up and move to sit on the edge of his front desk. 

 

Byul stared at the sleeping woman. Her chest moved up and down with calm breathe. A question popped in his mind. How Yongsun had changed this drastically?      

 

It was undeniable that Yongsun was beautiful from beginning. But the one who was in front of him was beyond expectation. Already lost the boyish girl he once knew. Now, there was only a graceful and elegant woman. Her face also getting softer in his eyes.

 

“Do you want to bet with me? In 4 or 5 years from now, Youngsun will changes. Maybe she will be your dreamed woman, who knows?” His brother’s words 7 years ago really came true. He chuckled remembered Seulgi’s words. Byul looked at the slender body. Immediately the incident at Bucheon hit his mind. He swallowed his spit. Without wasting time, he knocked the desk loud.

 

Startled by the loud sound, he rclosed eyes instantly were widen opened. Yongsun woke up as soon as she saw Byul casually sitting on his desk while looking at her. How long had this man been sitting there?

 

“Sorry.” She said short. How can she fell asleep?

Byu sighed. “Even on your first day, you already being late. Is this the way how you are working all this time, Dr Kim?”

 

“I’m sorry. I… woke up late.” She said honest.

 

“Bad excuse. Is there no other better reason?” Byul said cynical.

 

Yongsun silent. What else she could said if that was the truth. It because that man was the reason why she can’t fell asleep last night!

 

“I need a team who can give me 100% focus on this project. And you have shown me an unsatisfactory attitude on the first day. How can I trust you?” Byul said in serious.

 

“I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.” Yongsun admitted her mistake.

 

“Good.”

 

“But if you think that your attitude is that good, let me wait like a fool in this room for an hour, I also didn’t know what to say.” Yongsun replied without hesitate. Didn’t want that man to look down on her. Don’t think because she came to his hospital, she can be treated at his will.

 

Byul stared at his wife without blinking.

 

“Why do you look at me like that?” Byul quickly turned his eyes away, did not realize were stuck to that face for too long.

 

“Fine.. I’m sorry too.” He got up and approached the woman. Yongsun stunned. Byul kept coming closer to her. Too close until she can smelled his perfume.  

 

“How are you, Yong? Or should I call you… my wife?

 

She looked up after his cynical question hit her ears.

 

“Don’t you think that your question is too late for you to ask after what you have done?”

 

Byul’s gaze fell long on her lips. He began to distance himself from the woman. His body felt the heat when he stayed closed to Yongsun. The attraction was too strong between them. Heck! In front of you is Yongsun, Byul. Yongsun who had ruined your life!

 

“Maybe.” He replied short.

 

Yongsun held her breathe. Bewildered by the replied she received. Maybe? There was no guilt at all!

 

“I hope you don’t mind us working together for this collaboration. But if you feel like to withdraw, I can help to tell Dr Nam about it. Opss sorry.. I mean your boyfriend.” He purposely highlighted the word ‘boyfriend’. Her eyes widened at him.  

 

“How do you know that Eric and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter