Chapter 7

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grandma Kim caressed her granddaughter’s hair who was lying on the couch beside her.

 

“Why are you so quiet tonight, Yongsun-ah?” Grandma Kim asked. Since her beloved granddaughter came home yesterday, she already notice the girl’s changes. Usually she would always talking non-stop about her life at school, her friends and patients at hospital without she asked.

 

“Nothing, grandma.” She answered shortly while her eyes still at the TV’s screen. The sound from TV was the only thing can be heard for 10 minutes during their silence.

 

“Grandma..”

 

“Hurmm..”

 

“Why omma and appa left me?”

 

The question succeed to make Grandma Kim speechless. Although the question was not new and almost thousands time already being asked and every time Yongsun would asked about it, she was still speechless. She stuck because since ten years ago, the question was not heard from Yongsun, but tonight the question came again.

 

“I told you already Yongsun-ah that your sister was sick. That why omma and appa took her to over sea to get treated.”

 

“What kind of disease she had that took almost twenty years to leave me alone here?” She tried hard to control her voice although her tears already left her eyes.

 

Grandma Kim lowered her head down. “She was diagnosed with a rare disease. That was the only thing that I knew. That why Yonghee need more attention from omma and appa because she had the disease since birth and doctors themselves said that it needed a continuous observation.

 

“Is her face look like me, grandma?” She choked with the tears were falling down. She sat up from her lying and looked at her grandma with blurred eyes that filled with tears.  

 

Grandma Kim’s eyes who since then holding her tears back failed and tears start to fall down to her old cheeks. She sympathized her granddaughter who never receive her parent’s love since her young age.  

 

“Of course Yongsun-ah. You do looks like her. You are just 2 years apart and you are her sister. Both are beautiful."

 

Yongsun pulled out her phone to search for something.

 

“Beautiful like this, grandma?” she showed her phone to her grandma and her faced changed to shock.

 

“Where do you get this picture, Yongsun-ah?” She looked at Yongsun to find the answer. Since three of them left the country, it was just her who had received the news from them. She never told Yongsun because she didn’t want her granddaughter sat and think too much about her parents and sister until it can affected her study.  

 

Grandma Kim looked the smiled girl who had a pale face on the phone’s screen. But the smile still looked cheerful in her eyes.

 

“Almost seven years I had been friend with my own sister.” Grandma Kim looked confused.

 

“She was my Skype’s friend, grandma. We never seen each other faces. But last week, Wheein was the one asked her picture using my account.”

 

Grandma Kim finally understood. She caressed her granddaughter’s face with love. “God’s plan, Yongsun-ah. There is nothing impossible.”

 

Yongsun silenced. Since they had contacted each other, she felt very comfortable to Yonghee, apparently they had shared a same blood.

 

“Is Yonghee already know about this?”

 

She nodded.

 

“Omma and appa?”

 

She shook her head.  

 

“I asked Yonghee unnie not to tell them for the time being. Of course omma and appa will shocked, right grandma? Their daughter who they left being friend with their favourite daughter.”

 

Grandma Kim cut her words. “It was not good to talk like that, Yongsun-ah. Yonghee was sick and she needed more attention and care from them. But it didn’t mean that they forgot their other daughter here. I don’t want to hear you talked like that again, can you?”

 

Yongsun sighed deeply and tried to accept her grandmother’s words. But still her heart can’t do what her grandmother want.

 

“I don’t care about them, grandma. Because the most important in my life is just you, grandma.” She hugged her grandma to hide her broken heart.

 

Grandma Kim felt hurt. She knew that the girl’s words were not from her heart. Deep in her heart, she knew that the girl longed for her parents.

 

She also didn’t understand her son and daughter in-law. That were too many times she had advised them not to forget their responsible to their other daughter here. Love cannot be replaced by money.

 

But both of them always gave her excuses especially her daughter in-law, Kim Hye Sung. To her, it was not even a problem if they could come back to Korea for a while to visit their daughter. But at the end, both of them never came home for once. Until now, she never understand them.

 

 ____________________________________________________

 

 

Byul and Hyejin came out from car after parked it near the university’s hall. Clock already shown seven in the evening, half an hour before their school’s dinner started. Both of them were wearing their black suits.  

 

“Are Yongsun and Wheein arrived yet?” Byul asked. They wanted to pick them up just now, but Wheein asked them to left first without them. She said that girls needed a long time to get ready.

 

“Not yet, but Wheein said they almost arrived.”

 

Both walked toward the hall. Suddenly Byul’s iPhone in his pocket rang. Krystal.

 

“Hyejin-ah, yo go first. Krystal calls.” He tapped Hyejin’s shoulder before walk to the bench near the hall.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Babe.” Krystal’s voice called and automatically his smile carved.  

 

“Where are you? I just arrived.”

 

“Still on my way, but just through the school’s gate. Can you wait for me?” She already dressed as beautiful as she can to impress her boyfriend. She glanced at her yellow short dress that made from silk where she already purchased it two weeks before. She smiled wide. She wanted Byul to amazed by looking at her tonight.

 

Byul placed his hand inside his pocket while his eyes roamed around to find someone.

 

“Alright. I wait for you outside of the hall. Bye.” He answered before hung up the call.

 

He turned and saw Wheein who was beautiful with her white dress. He waved his hand.

 

“Wheein-ah!”

 

Wheein raised her face from her purse to find her phone.

 

“Oppa.. Where is Hyejinie?”

 

“Hyejin already went inside. Where is Yongsun? Is she not coming tonight?” Just this morning Wheein told him that both of them will come tonight. But did she suddenly not come?

 

“She went to toilet. Later she will come.” Wheein said while turned her head around.

 

“Ohh. That she is.” She chuckled while watching the stiff and slow steps taken by the girl who was coming to their direction. Just like a robot!

 

Byul’s eyes quickly turned around. He was stucked. His heart beat like crazy. He was amazed by the girl’s appearance. Simple but hot!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter