The Date

Office Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you woke up in the morning, it took you several moments before what happened yesterday sunk in your mind. You looked for your phone, which you haven’t checked last night because of the turmoil in your mind. You saw unread chats – from your best friend and from the man who takes up all the space in your mind all the time.

You decided to open Jiwon’s chat first.

Jiwon: Good night and sweet dreams!

Jiwon: Good morning. See you later at the office and for dinner. 😊

 

You can’t help but feel giddy and smile. You want to scream again, too happy but still unbelieving of what’s currently happening. Probably you’re still dreaming? This is too good to be true after all.

 

You checked the chats from your best friend then.

Hyojung: Hey, what’s up? No hundred or so messages today?

Hyojung: Girl, you okay?

Hyojung: Heyyyyyy

Hyojung: Ya, I was worried about you and asked Mino. So something good happened? 😉

Hyojung: What the. You’ve been flooding me about this man for 2 years and now that something good happened, you don’t even tell me?

Hyojung: Are you still alive or you already had a heart attack from happiness? Hahaha.

Again, you cannot help but smile. She’s really your best friend after all. You checked the time and saw that she’s probably awake already. You hit dial and called her to tell her about the rollercoaster day you had yesterday.

 

“Okay, so basically, he likes you too since forever, and has been talking about you with your boss, Mino’s boss, and Mino; then he knew last Friday that Mino’s sister is crazy about him, and then finds out that it’s you. And now he’s being forward towards you. Correct?” she said over the phone.

“Yep, you summarized it correctly.” You answered with a laugh.

“Wow girl, it’s like one of my dramas.” She said also with a laugh. She’s a PD after all.

After some more conversation, you both bid goodbye to prepare for your day. But before you got up your bed, you checked Jiwon’s chat again. Smiling from ear to ear, you typed a reply.

You: Good morning also! Have a good day. 😊

 

With a clearer mind, thanks to talking with your best friend, you are now able to look at things rationally and with a different perspective – giddy and happy rather than embarrassed.

Finally getting up and getting ready, you’re conscious to pick out a pretty dress. According to Mino, Jiwon says that you are pretty and effortlessly y, so might as well exert effort, especially since you’ll be having dinner again together.

 

At the office, the day passed by slowly, as if the clock is teasing you. Whenever you’re at your desk, you could not help but glance at Jiwon’s office. Again, today his blinds are open. He seems really busy today but you caught him looking at you a number of times. It feels like your face is flushed the entire day. You keep looking forward to tonight, excited and nervous at the same time. You’re also concerned because dating an officemate is not tolerated in your company. Although the two of you are not yet dating, you’re of course very much hoping that it will eventually be that way.

Around 3pm, to your surprise, Jiwon walked to your cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter