Revelation

Office Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After more than an hour, you heard some shuffling. You looked up and saw Jiwon walking towards you.

“Hey, you’re not yet going home?” he asked.

“Uh, yes in a while. Why are you still here? Overtime?” you answered. That’s weird, you’re pretty sure his office lights were already turned off earlier.

“No, I….” He looked at you shyly and you looked back at him questioningly.

“I was waiting for you by the lobby downstairs. I figured you would need a ride?” He continued.

You don’t know how to respond. Too shocked to speak and with your heart beating loudly in your ears, he looked at you straight in the eyes.

“Oh, I was actually about to pack up already.” You mumbled. He watched you silently as you packed up your stuff. Your heart still beating crazily, you gulp some air and try to calm your nerves. You can’t mess this up. “You shouldn’t act like a shy little girl! You’re a confident woman for goodness’ sake!” You finished packing and looked at him with a charming smile.

His eyes lit up and responded with an even more charming smile. “Let’s go?” he said.

Both of you were quiet as you walk towards the lobby. While waiting for the elevator, you started the conversation again, this time trying to act as casually as you did during lunch time with Jiwon.

“Thank you.” You said.

He looked at you. “For what?”

“For the ride.”

“We’re not even in the car yet.” He chuckled.

“I mean, for the offer.”

He smiled. The elevator dinged and you both got in.

“I was actually worried when I haven’t seen you pass by yet. I thought I missed you going out.”

Your confidence boosted with the knowledge that he waited for you for more than an hour. “I stayed later hoping no one would see me walk all the way to the train station. Although it’s not that far, but I didn’t want to explain about my unfortunate day to anyone else.”

“It’s not unfortunate anymore, right? You closed the deal for all the Shiboya Hotel and Resorts nationwide.”

“Yup, and I got to borrow a jacket, have a free lunch and free ride as well.” You laughed, easing yourself up into this dance with Jiwon.

“Then, may I offer a free dinner as well? If it’s okay with you.”

“But I feel bad about being such a freeloader today.”

“Then you can pay me back by having dinner with me tomorrow as well.”

“Okay then.” You smiled, heart beating so fast, trying to control your facial expression. You want to scream right now and jump and dance.

The elevator doors opened and the two of you walked to the parking lot. The car ride was short and Jiwon brought you to a nice restaurant. Dinner was great and you were able to know more about each other, the not even a little evident during your conversation. Your humor both jives, and you can’t deny that you two click together. He was such a gentleman too – opening the door for you, helping you get in the car, and pulling out your chair. The entire night, both of you were smiling so widely, and you just can’t help but look at him. On the way home, you two haven’t stopped talking. It’s like you two are making up for all the conversations you could have had the past two years.

 

“So, see you tomorrow?” he said as he parked in front of your house.

“Yes, thank you for today. Really.” You said while removing your seatbelt. You know you don’t want the day to end yet, but you have no choice. “I’ll wash this jacket first before returning it to you, okay? Thanks again.”

“Sure, you’re always welcome.” He said as he leaned towards you without breaking eye contact. Your heart felt like on loud speaker, surprised at his move, not expecting him to attempt this already. But then he reached at the back, still looking at you straight in the eyes, and gave you your bag. You want to laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter