First round of pizza

FIVE versus ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Kims had tried to have a second child for a long time because they thought it would be better that their first born had company.

The wife was getting into depression when the husband suggested that they visited a especialist in Switzerland.

Less than a year later and with their bank account a bit emptier, the Kims tried artificial insemination and against all odds, succeeded on their first attempt.

Little did the couple know that they would be expecting five babies. However, that information was given by their doctor half way the pregnancy.

The only thing the doctor forgot to comment was that they would be parents of 5 identical baby girls and on the 21st of February of 1991, Mr and Mrs Kim almost suffered a cardiac arrest in the moment the nurse brought those pretty tiny exact copies of each other and placed on their arms.

_____ Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! I'm a horrible mother. Yoboya....I see no difference between them. How am I supposed to take care of 5 children with the same face????_____ Mrs Kim started crying.

_____ Calm down, my love. Of course we are going to do well. They are our babies. Plus, I'm sure they have some small differences. Let's see....This one here has.....Ermm....that one seems....._____ The man's voice fainted as he realized he could find nothing to differentiate the babies.

_____ You can't tell them apart either. What will we do??????____ The babies' mother pressed her forehead.

_____ Well, I've already hired 2 nannies and we are going to dress the kids with different colors, different outfits until we notice some particular detail in each one of them. Let's enjoy the perks of having money and use all the help we can get.____ Mr Kim declared, trying to calm his wife down.

The woman sighed and kissed two of the babies that were in her arms.

_____ I'm afraid of failing ay them. They are so small and fragile.

_____ All they need is our love, jagiya. You are not alone. I'll do my best to support you and we'll raise them well._____ The father kissed the other 3 babies and smiled.

Mrs Kim's parents arrived and the first daughter of the couple came with the grandparents.

Three-year-old Yonghee looked around and exclaimed:

_____ Dolls! My dolls!

Mr Kim picked his oldest daughter in his arms and showed her the babies up close.

_____ Do you like your little sisters, honey?

_____ I love. But my toys are just mine, appa.____ The child declared, causing an explosion of laughters in the hospital room.

_____ Kim, how about your newborn babies' names? Any ideas?_____ The father-in-law asked.

The man glanced at his wife and daughter and said after a while:

_____ I was thinking that my family brought light to my life. My wife, my Yonghee and now we have 5 extra rays of light. So, how about we use the English reference to the biggest source of light and adapt to the existing korean names? It just has to make sense for us anyway.

_____ Do you mean names with the syllable sun?

_____ Yes. For example.....Sunhwa, Sunwoo, Sunmi and Sunhee, in homage to big sister Yonghee.

_____ There is still one name missing.____ Mrs Kim's mother pointed out.

Glancing at the smallest baby, Mrs Kim smiled and said:

_____ The nurse told me this one is the maknae among them. She was the last one to come to this world and she is a fighter. She was grabbing the umbilical cord as if she wanted to make sure nothing would be on her way out. I'm thinking that we should name her Yongsun.

_____ Well, it fits perfectly. Although four of them will have Sun as the first syllable, 2 of them will have a link to their unnie._____ Mr Kim nodded with satisfaction.

_____ x _____ 

The five sisters had a deal to meet at least 3 or 4 times a year, apart from their birthday and family gatherings.

3 of them had been living abroad for a while and 2 were in Korea but their life style was quite different. So they also didn't see each other often.

Sunhwa opened a café in London 2 years before and she had lived with a British guy until recently, when they broke up.

Sunhee graduated as an architect and got a job in Boston, where she stablished a nice reputation one year before.

Sunmi, that prefered to be called Solar because she didn't like the jokes about the kpop idol that had been part of a famous girl group, was a successful party planner and her headquarter was located in New York.

Among the sisters who never left Korea, Sunwoo was the responsible one. Actually, the girl was the most well behaved among them all.

Sunwoo was a dentist and she had opened her own clinic in Gangnam half an year before.

The maknae had been sharing an apartm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter