Let's Go Somewhere Alone

A Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So, how are you and Seulgi unnie?” Jennie asks Joohyun as they watch their girlfriends enjoying in the pool. They were catching up while eating snacks at the tent table near the pool.

 

All of them were together in the resort that Seulgi rented last time, but this time it was now Joohyun who rented it to make up to her girlfriend and also with their friends.

 

“I guess we’re fine now and getting better?” Joohyun answered nonchalantly and ate her watermelon. But, her friends didn’t miss the tone of her voice.

 

Sooyoung didn’t hesitate to point it out. “Why do you sound uncertain, unnie?”

 

“Yeah, and what do you mean with ‘I guess’? You haven’t talked everything out together?” Chaeyoung also asked.

 

Joohyun sighed at their questions. She has already expected that they will ask these kinds of questions, though. It’s not that she doesn’t want to tell them. In fact, she has been dying to tell them and know their thoughts about it, but she knows she’ll have a hard time explaining it to her friends. “We’re fine and we’ve already talked everything out. And as you can see, I’ve been making up to her for our lost time together since then. But,” She paused and glances at Seulgi in the pool, she looked extremely happy playing with Jisoo, Wendy, Lisa, and Yeri in the water. “I-I don’t know, but Seulgi was acting weird these past few days?” Joohyun sighed once again.

 

The three looked at one another and back to Joohyun, “What do you mean, unnie?”

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

The couple is having a date in the amusement park.

 

Even though Joohyun isn’t a fan of amusement parks, she still granted Seulgi’s request to go here. They first played different kinds of booth games, and as expected from competitive Bae Joohyun, she won a lot of prizes. They also rode some rides that Joohyun likes, like the carousel and especially the bump car— which they rode several times until the older woman got sick of it. After all of that, Seulgi finally had the chance to try her luck. She asked her girlfriend if they could at least ride the roller coaster even though she knows that the raven doesn’t like extreme rides. Joohyun did refuse at first, but the brunette didn’t give up easily and continued to convince the former until she finally gave in because Seulgi did multiple aegyos.

 

Even though Joohyun was already starting to feel nervous, she was smiling at the sight of Seulgi jumping in delight.

 

They rode the roller coaster while Seulgi just kept on laughing the whole ride at her girlfriend because Joohyun didn’t stop screaming in high pitch until the end. It was too funny to her how the latter looked so cute and helpless because she looked like her soul just left her body after the ride.

 

Joohyun immediately dragged Seulgi to the restroom right after as she felt like her bladder was going to explode after riding the roller coaster. Seulgi laughed again and told her she would just wait for her outside.

 

When Joohyun has done, she saw her girlfriend a few meters away waiting and looked like she was talking to someone on the phone. She walked towards her and approached her.

 

“Aww, of course, I will, Ire—”

“Seul?” She softly calls.

 

The monolid woman was too quick to turn in her direction. Joohyun also caught the shocked expression of Seulgi, even if it was just a split second.

 

“Ah y-yes, Ma’am. D-don’t worry, we can talk about it further tomorrow and we’ll replace it with the designs that you wanted.”

 

By the way Seulgi talks and what she’s talking about Joohyun assumes it must be a client. But, it confuses Joohyun because Seulgi was actually smiling over the phone call earlier before, but she suddenly became all serious and professional after she approached her.

 

“Weird,” Joohyun thought.

 

After the call ended, she wanted to ask who that was, but Seulgi smiled with her eyes turning into crescents and slightly opened her arm for Joohyun to cling to it, “Let’s go?”

 

The former smiled back and gladly accepted the invitation and clung to her arm as they started walking and wandering around.

 

Joohyun let it slide and thought maybe Seulgi is just close to that client of hers.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

“That’s it, unnie? What if that client was just actually close to her, though?” Jennie said with the other two nodding, having the same thoughts.

 

“But, after that happened, I started to notice that she’s really acting weird.”

 

“Have you asked if something is bothering her, unnie?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“N-no, I didn’t ask her, but I reassured her that I’m always here if there’s a problem or something that is bothering her, and she said she knows.”

 

“So, what are you still worrying about?

 

“You guys don’t get me,” Joohyun pinched the bridge of her nose. She was starting to get frustrated. She knew her friends will not understand it right away. “I’ve been with Seulgi for years, and I’ve known her for more than ten years. I know and I can feel whenever there’s something wrong with her? Or I don’t know, maybe like she’s hiding or something?”

 

“What makes you say that? Did she do something else unusual after that call?” Sooyoung curiously asked.

 

“Y-yeah, just yesterday, s-she lied to me.”

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Joohyun had already informed Seulgi last night that she would leave an hour early today because she has an early scheduled meeting at a restaurant. She asked her driver to go to the company first, as she still needed to sign a few papers before going to her meeting.

 

They were on their way to the meeting place when Joohyun’s driver suddenly spoke, saying they had just passed Seulgi’s car. Joohyun got confused because an hour hadn’t passed yet since she left their condo, and Seulgi was still sleeping in their bed. She asked her driver to go back to where he saw her girlfriend’s car, and there she saw it— it was really Seulgi’s car parked in front of a jewelry store. She asked her driver to park just across the street, not too far from Seulgi’s car. She immediately grabbed her phone to call her.

 

Joohyun doesn’t know why, but she suddenly got nervous after seeing Seulgi walk out of the jewelry store and pick up her phone.

 

“Hey, Seulgi, are you still at home?”

 

She silently prays that the brunette will tell her the truth where she is right now. It’s just a simple question, just yes or no.

 

“Yes, I’m still here at home, though. Why? Do you miss me already? Aigoo, Hyunnie.” Seulgi cooed.

 

Joohyun felt a sting in her heart after hearing how Seulgi casually lied. Usually, Seulgi stutters and can’t look directly at her eyes when she lies, but now is somehow different because they’re just talking through a phone call.

 

“Why did you have to lie? Are you hiding something from me, Seulgi?”

 

“Hyun, are you still there?”

 

Joohyun snapped out from her trance. She didn’t realize she hadn’t answered Seulgi just yet.

 

“Hmm, yeah. Just wanted to tell you I’ve cooked your breakfast, it’s on the dining table, in case you didn’t see it. Anyways, I need to go. Please drive safely to work and don’t skip your lunch, okay?”

 

The raven observed how Seulgi smiled wide after what she had just said. It brought some relief to her, but that doesn’t change the fact that Seulgi just lied to her and is obviously hiding something from her.

 

“How could she smile without feeling any guilt? Like as if she didn’t lied to me just now?”

 

It suddenly came across her mind how Seulgi had been acting unusual the past few days. Seulgi has always been sweet even before, but this time, Joohyun noticed that the former have been being extra sweet to her the past few days. It’s not that she didn’t like it, but the younger woman became really clingy to her. And these days, Seulgi would like to be alone whenever she’s working and doing her plates. She would even lock herself in their office room just to be alone, which is unusual for the older woman because Seulgi wasn’t like that before. She used to work even though Joohyun was around and she would even let her girlfriend see her works or sometimes ask her thoughts about her plates.

 

Joohyun completely trusts her girlfriend, but she can’t stop herself from overthinking.

 

“Yes, I’ve already eaten it. Thank you, Hyun.” Seulgi softly said, her smile still plastered on her face. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter