FOUR

Cafe Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Before I knew Tiffany, before I got my job in Beans cafe, before I came to Seoul, I used to promise myself that I'm going to open my own shop one day.

 

And I've worked hard for 4 years to achieve what I want.

 

And finally, the chance has come. I'm happy, I'm so happy to death that my dream will come true.

 

 

...

 

 

 

It was the night after my shift ended that day but I didn't go to the subway as usual. Instead, I was waiting for Tiffany in front of her company's building. Tiffany is working as an Interior designer. And it surprised me that she’s actually working in a well-known company.

 

"Taeyeon?" I looked up seeing her coming out from the entrance. I waited for her to say goodbye to her friends before she walked up to me.

 

I pulled down my hoodie "Hi" My mouth curved into a smile.

 

"It's a surprise to see you here. Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I don't want to disturb your working time," I grinned. "Let's have dinner. My treat today,"

 

"Oh? Is there anything special happening?"

 

"Just because" I shrugged "it has been a while since we had dinner together. Because someone is just too busy to hang out with me again" I pouted.

 

"Mianhe~ But my project is just finished so let me make up with you today"

 

"No worry. I'm just kidding you know"

 

Since we haven’t hung out like this for so long so there are a lot of things we both talked about.

 

It feels so nice to spend time like this with her

 

"Let's take a bus today. I think the last train just arrived, we won't be able to make it" I suggested while we walked out of the restaurant. Tiffany agreed and we went to the near bus stop. There's no one there except us.

 

"I have something to tell you," I said as soon as I sat beside her on the bench, waiting

 

"Hm? What is it?"

 

It took me seconds to finally tell her "I'm going to open my own bakery"

 

Tiffany's eyes widened as she looked surprised "Wait, are you serious?!" She asked in disbelief.

 

I nodded with a wide grin.

 

"Oh my god, congratulations Tae! But how? You said you still need more saving to open the shop"

 

"Well, it's true. But my friend suddenly offered me a partnership with him. We’re going to make a cafe bakery" I explained.

 

"Like Beans cafe??"

 

"Yup, he is a barista so he's going to sell his coffee, and I will handle the bakery. It's not a big shop but still, I can't help but be excited about it. Can you imagine, all the recipes I worked on all the time will be on the menu!" I was excited.

 

"Don't forget my favourite chocolate cookies"

 

"Yeah, right. Your chocolate cookies" We both chuckled

 

"Tae, I'm so happy for you. Finally, your dream will come true. So when you are going to start?"

 

"4 months from now. There are a lot of things I need to do. My friend is still trying to find a suitable shop for our budget"

 

"Where are you gonna open it?"

 

My face changed as she mentioned it. I can't help but silently sighed. I guess this is the hardest part for me to tell her.

 

Why time is moving so fast.

 

"In Jeonju, my hometown" I looked at her and our eyes met each other.

 

Later seconds, Tiffany finally realized. "W-wait, so that's mean..."

 

"Maybe I had to say goodbye, Tiffany"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's go on a short trip before you go home to Jeonju," Tiffany said and I looked down at her. The train is crowded so I had to stand.

 

"Where to?" I asked back

 

One week left before I really leave Seoul.

 

The opening for the shop is going to be a month from now and I got so many things to do. I cannot let Yul handle it alone so I had to quit my job earlier than expected and return to Jeonju soon. It was hard at first when I said I'm gonna quit the job to my boss and tell him the reason. I didn't expect he would be really sad about it. They even throw a farewell party for me.

 

Wow, am I really being that appreciated?

 

Sunny even cried for me! That shorty who is being so savage in her entire life was crying for me. I know, she's a good friend and my really first friend when I arrived in Seoul.

 

Tiffany's reaction? hmm, how should I say this? After I told her, she was surprised, but then we talked like normal until the bus arrived.

 

But I noticed that she didn't talk a lot on the bus after that and I think I saw her eyes gleamed.

 

Was she crying?

 

But she looked fine when I bid her goodbye before I got off the bus.

 

Am I seeing it wrong?

 

"I don't know. Do you have any specific place you want to go?"

 

I was thinking for a while. The place I really want to go to?

 

"Ah, I have one!" My face lit up

 

She looked at me in wonder.

 


...

 

 

Since Tiffany still had to work and I still needed to pack up all my stuff and send it to Jeonju, so we were only able to find free time on Sunday which was... the day I was supposed to leave Seoul. But its fine, my train is at night and this is just a short trip.

 

I don't wish to go far from Seoul so that we can have a long time to spend before I ride my train.

 

So here I am, standing at the bus stop because Tiffany told me to meet her here. But where is she?

 

Suddenly a red mini cooper stopped at the bus stop but I just ignored it until the window rolled down and I saw the driver.

 

"Tiffany?"

 

"Good morning, Tae. Get in" She greeted me with a bright smile.

 

She's in a good mood.

 

"Woah, what a nice car you got here," I said as soon as I got into the car.

 

"It's not mine. I borrowed it from my friend for today"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter