FIVE

Cafe Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany's POV

 

I got off the train as I just arrived in Jeonju.

 

The day of Taeyeon's cafe grand opening has come. The event is tomorrow but I decided to come one day early without his knowledge.

 

The imagination of meeting him got me excited because I haven't seen him for so long.

 

After Taeyeon left, as he promised, he never forgets to text me. But we are only able to call at night as he is really busy with the preparations for his shop.

 

He even showed me the progress of his interior shop and I can tell that Taeyeon is so happy and excited every time he talked about it.

 

"Where to go, Miss?" The cab driver asked me as soon as I entered the car.

 

I gave him the address. Taeyeon must be there because he always tells me that he would spend his day at the shop.

 

I looked out through the window. The sky is so blue, the weather is so nice.

 

I smiled.

 

"Thank you," I said to the driver and got off from the car. I scanned my surroundings to find the shop. Taeyeon had given me the picture of the shop so it wouldn't be hard to find it. My eyes wandered on every shop's sign I saw until I saw a familiar sign. I approached it with a big smile, pulling my small luggage along.

 

I see through the window, the shop is empty but there are already tables and chairs arranged inside. My eyes scanning the inside, looking for him. My lips curved upward when I saw him behind the cashier counter.

 

I pushed the door quickly, wanting to greet him but my smile dropped when I saw an unexpected view.

 

Taeyeon was hugging a girl

 

She had her face buried on his chest.

 

I clenched my fist harder.

 

Who is she?...

 

"Okay, okay. I’m sorry" I listened to Taeyeon's voice. Taeyeon broke the hug and looked at the girl. She was sobbing. I feel so hurt when I see Taeyeon wiped her tears with his thumb. "I love you, okay. So don’t cry please”

 

I feel like my heart was shattered into pieces and frozen in my place.

 

“Look at you, you’re so ugly!" Taeyeon was laughing loudly at her crying face and received a punch on his tummy making him groan while trying hard to laugh.

 

I don’t like this… I don’t like seeing this...

 

The girl notices my presence.

 

"Tae, there..." she pointed at me, making Taeyeon turn around. His eyes went round as he saw me.

 

"T-Tiffany?!" He was shocked but all I did was look at him feeling heartbroken.

 

"Sorry for intrude," I said in a cold tone before I decided to leave the shop, running away from him.

 

"Tiffany, wait!"

 

I fasten my steps, ignoring him calling me.

 

I saw a cab nearby. The passenger just gets off from the car so I hurriedly get into it. Telling the driver to drive.

 

I feel hurt so bad. I shouldn't come here. It was a mistake.

 

Taeyeon was panting and stopped running as he's not able to chase Tiffany. He watched the cab drive away.

 

"Aish... she must be misunderstood" he ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

...

 

Tiffany told the driver to go to any near park around here since she doesn't know where to go. She's not familiar with the place.

 

Tiffany placed her luggage beside her and sat on the bench she found. She stared out of empty, totally not interested with the view in front of her as her mind went somewhere.

 

"Tiffany" Tiffany was startled by a soft voice calling her name. She turned her head and was surprised to see Taeyeon. The guy walked closer to her. She stood up to run away again but Taeyeon quickly held her wrist.

 

"Don't go" Taeyeon's eyes look so hurt.

 

"Let me go. How did you know that I'm here?" Tiffany's tone went cold.

 

"I follow your cab here. Please, don't go. Listen to me first. I'll explain"

 

"What are you going to explain when I see all of it, Tae. Why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend?" Tiffany glared at him and suddenly her eyes glistened in tears

 

"You've misunderstood. She-" Taeyeon’s eyes widened "Tiffany, are you crying???"

 

"Eoh, I'm crying! Because I feel useless right now! If I know you have a girlfriend, I won't come here. I won't keep my feelings for this long. And I won't get hurt for liking you!"

 

Taeyeon's heart beating faster.

 

S-she like me?...

 

Taeyeon was stuttered "T-Tiffany, I-I li-"

 

"Eish! Let go of my hand. I don't want to hear it!" Tiffany was struggling to escape so Taeyeon had to tighten his grip.

 

"No! I won't let you go until you hear my explanation!"

 

"Why? Why should I listen to you?!"

 

"Babo! That's because I like you too!"

 

...

 

"Have you calmed down?" Taeyeon asked, glancing at the crying girl. They sat on the bench.

 

Tiffany sniffed "No..." She pouted making Taeyeon unconsciously giggles, finding Tiffany's so cute.

 

Tiffany glared at him while sniffing "It's not funny "

 

"Aigoo, I see two girls crying today. What is so wrong with me?" Taeyeon smiled as he leaned closer, wiped Tiffany's tears with his thumb and Tiffany just let him. "Just now, the girl you saw, that's my younger sister"

 

"Y-your younger sister?"

 

He nodded "Eoh, remember I told you before about my sister? Jessica. She just had a fight with her boyfriend. She cried when I tried to back up my friend instead of her, so I had to comfort her. Wait, that’s totally my fault too. Aish...” Taeyeon scratched his not itchy head, confused.

 

“Anyway, the conclusion is, she is my sister and not my girlfriend. Don't get the wrong idea, Tiffany"

 

Tiffany looked down, playing with her finger as she feeling embarrassed "How can I not when I just heard you said 'I love you'"

 

"But it's true. I love my sister"

 

"No, that's not what I mean! I never saw your sister before so..." Tiffany mumbled at the last words making Taeyeon grinning wider. He had fun teasing the girl.

 

"That's why you should let me explain. I will make this clear again, so listen"

 

Taeyeon cupped her both cheeks, leaning closer.

 

"I, Kim Taeyeon, like one girl only. And she is right in front of me now, do you understand?"

 

Tiffany was blushing as their faces really close.

 

"So don't be jealous over my sister"

 

"I-I'm not jealous!"

 

Taeyeon smirked "Really? But your face was saying otherwise just now"

 

Taeyeon earns a light hit on his shoulder. "Owww" Taeyeon rubs his shoulder. "I haven't seen you for a month and I just got hit. This is so sad" Taeyeon pouted.

 

"You deserve it for teasing me a lot"

 

Taeyeon’s mouth curved upward when he observed the crying girl.

 

"I miss you" Taeyeon suddenly pulled the girl into a hug. "And I'm so happy you are here. Next time, tell me first if you wanna come. I don't want any surprise anymore because I think I've received enough today"

 

"Mianhe...I also don't want any surprises anymore. It’s tiring" Tiffany hugged him back. "Tae"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I like you too"

 

Taeyeon never feels so happy like this. He was paralyzed with happiness

 

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

After the incident, they went back to his shop and introduced Tiffany to Jessica. Jessica laughed so hard until she cannot breathe when Taeyeon told her about the misunderstanding just now making Tiffany's face really red. She couldn't help but sigh silently.

 

It's my fault... *sighs~

 

Three of them sat at one table.

 

"You like my brother?!" Jessica asked in disbelief while slapping the table making Taeyeon and Tiffany startled.

 

Tiffany nodded slowly, feeling a bit scared with Taeyeon's sister.

 

"But why?!" Jessica asked again as she looked at Tiffany.

 

"Yah! What do you mean by why?!" Taeyeon glared at his sister.

 

"Tiffany, you can consider this again. It’s not too late!”

 

“Err, why?...” Tiffany was confused.

 

“How can you like my brother? I mean, look at him. He is the stupidest person ever you meet!" Jessica pointed her finger at Taeyeon's face.

 

"Yah, I'm your brother! How dare you calling me stupid!" Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's finger and bent it up making the girl scream in pain.

 

"It hurts!" Jessica pouted cutely as she caressed her hurt finger.

 

"That's what you got for calling me stupid" Taeyeon hissed.

 

"I'm just telling the truth" Jessica kicked Taeyeon's left leg under the table. "OW!" He screams in pain, caressing his hurt leg.

 

"Serves you" Jessica smirked in satisfaction, ignoring the death glare her brother gave.

 

Tiffany who was just watching these two siblings burst out of laughter.

 

"You two are funny," She giggles

 

"We're not!" Taeyeon and Jessica said in unison and glared at each other.

 

"Okay... this is totally different from what I just saw" Tiffany's laughter slowly died. 30 minutes ago, they were telling each other that they love each other but now, they are fighting like cats and dogs.

 

Well, it's normal for siblings to fight

 

. . .

 

"So my brother gave you cookies on the first day you met?" Jessica put 5 packs of beef into the trolley while Tiffany pushed it.

 

Taeyeon told them to do groceries for dinner together as he still had some work left to do for the opening tomorrow.

 

"Yeah, I noticed that he was nervous" Tiffany chuckles

 

"Wow, it was surprising to hear he made a move. He was usually so slow in a relationship"

 

"Slow?"

 

Jessica nodded "In his last relationship, I think he took one year to confess to the girl he liked"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter