When Life Gives You Lemons

One Summer Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 Hours Later:

Olivia

 

I am sitting here in the emergency room at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and I am freaking out!!

I'd be biting my nails to the quick if they weren't covered with a french manicure gel overlay that's hard as a rock.

Bradie called me hysterical.

Between her sobbing, incoherent mumbling and hyperventilating I deduced that that Tahee pulled a gun out on Ji-hoon.

I quickly called his manager who then alerted the police and they rushed to his house.

When they arrived Tahee was sitting on the ground crying hysterically with Ji-hoon laying face down in a pool of blood.

Luckily I was able to fly out on the first thing smoking leaving out of O'hare to LAX.

I threw up five times while on the plane because I was so afraid.

All if could think about was what if I lose him?

The thought made me sick and my head pounded with the stress.

Kang picked us up at the airport and I came straight to the hospital while he took momma and Bradie to his house.

I am sitting in the surgical waiting room and nodody is telling me anything because I am not his next of kin.

Girlfriend or not I am not his family so here I sit waiting for his sister Hana to arrive.

When I feel like I am about to snap and I see Kang walking in holding two cups.

I jump up and walk over to him, "Sit down Olivia! You are making my nerves bad girl." He says.

He hands me a cup and I sit down on the sofa next to him.

"I'm sorry I'm just so worried, I am scared and they won't tell me anything because I am not a family member."

"When will Hana be here?"

"I just talked to her she is enroute to the hospital as we speak."

"Oh thank God maybe now we'll get some some answers."

I take a drink and allow the warm liquid to calm my ragged nerves.

"Olivia! Sunbae! Where are you guys?" I hear Hana scream.

We both jump up and run toward her voice.

"We're here Hana! We run in the hall and see her walking pulling her luggage behind her.

When she sees us she drops it and runs into my embrace and we burst out crying.

Kang walks over and hugs us both.

Someone behind us clears their throat and we break apart.

It's the doctor, "Oh thank you God is he okay?" She asks him.

I hold my breath to afraid to breathe or I won't hear what he is saying.

"He is going to be just fine, we expect him to make a full recovery."

I release the breath I was holding and collapse into Kang.

He catches me before I hit the floor and guides me to a bench to sit down.

"Oh thank you God!" Hanna says

Kang claps his hangs and screams "Yes!" 

"When can we see him?" I ask.

"Well he is sedated now so not until tomorrow."

"He is very lucky the bullet went straight through his shoulder."

"It clipped some of the bone in his shoulder and he lost alot of blood but we gave him a transfusion and other than that he is in superb health."

"We were able to stitch him with no complications and he will be on a course of antibiotics for fourteen days to make sure it will not become infected."

"Other than that we will give him something for pain he can take as needed."

"Great doc thank you so much for all of your help." Kang says shaking his hand briskly.

"Oh it is my pleasure." He begins to walk away and turns back around.

"Oh I forgot to mention that he should still be able to attend his movie preimere.

"Make sure that he wears his sling and that he takes his medication at least an hour before to ensure it has kicked in his system."

"Thanks doc." Hanna says sitting next to me wrapping her arms around me.

I begn to pray.

"Thank you Father God in the name of Jesus for your mercy, grace and love."

"Thank you for keeping Ji-hoon and protecting him Oh Lord."

"You turned what the enemy meant for evil to good."

"Thank you Jehovah Jireh for providing your net of safety over his life."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter