Take a Hit

Epoch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Past

"Hey, are you going to that party?"

She stopped in her tracks but doesn't look up. "What party?"

"I forgot the name... but wait," I struggled to get the cardstock on my back jeans pocket but when I did, she's no longer where she's standing a while ago.

"Well so much for trying." I plopped down on the worn out sofa and stared at the invitation. (Well the cardstock is my invitation since it states where the party is at).

"Should I even go?" I whispered to no one in particular.

"Go where?" I almost jumped from fright when Uncle Mason sat next to me. He was trying to play it cool but I saw him eyeing the paper and trying to read the address by squinting his eyes. So much trying to be discreet about it.

"See, there's this party later on-"

"That's great! I think Chaeng will also be there. You could hitch with her." He stated so positively that I didn't have the guts to tell him that his daughter is giving me the cold shoulder as of the moment.

"Yeah. But I don't know if that's a good idea."

His eyes met mine and the wrinkles on the side of his almond shaped eyes comforted me, like I finally have a father figure inquiring things about my life, but I shrug it off thinking of how weird it is.

"The what is?"

"The party."

"Unless there's drugs and police, it's always a good idea. But sometimes even with those two, it could still work. You could still have fun." He said with a wink.

"I bet it would be." I grinned.

"Just don't let us know okay?"

I laughed as he stood up and patted my back. "Also, Jennie?"

"Yeah?"

"Talk to your cousin. I don't want this feud to last long."

I froze in my spot but nodded when I saw that he wasn't angry, instead he was wearing a sad smile before turning his back on me. I looked at my watch and decided to head up stairs to get ready.

             -------

"Damn," I said to myself as I stare at the house infront of me. I could already see that the party was already in full swing and red party cups were already littered across the lawn. The sound coming from it made the ground shake a little which made my blood jump in glee. Finally, a party in this boring old town.

As I stepped inside the house, bodies mingling and tangling with each other greets me. The heat they produce while dancing to the music made my neck and forehead damp with sweat, and my heart beat erratically. 

I grinned to myself when I found the kitchen where there where tons of snacks and holy . There's a chocolate fountain and fondue machine on the table.

"Hey! You made it!" A guy with dark hair smiled at me while offering me a red solo cup. I declined.

My brow immediately shoot up when I couldn't figure who this guy was. "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

He chuckled and swayed a little bit, an indication that he was already buzzed.

"I'm Lisa's friend." He said as he offered me a hand shake.

"Should I know who this Lisa is?"

A hand suddenly grabbed the red solo cup from the guy and someone said, "Ouch. You already forgot about me?"

A girl emerged from the guy's back and it was her dimples that made me remember who she was and where I met her.

"Oh. You're the one who invited me, right?" I asked as my eyes settled on her dimple.

She went near me so that I could hear her better, as the music became louder. I had to move further a bit to retake my personal space but this girl inched closer to me once again.

"Yes, I am. I have told you my name, didn't I?" She said with a grin.

I blushed crimson when I realized that this was her party and I didn't even know her name. She suddenly grabbed my arm and dragged me outside, where the cool air suddenly freshens my body with its soft breeze.

She let go of me when we were already outside. "I'm sorry, I couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter