Chapter 2: Guitar Man

I Write the Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

You want to get the meaning
Out of each and every song
Then you find yourself a message
And some words to call your own
And take them home

- guitar man; bread -

 

 

Roseanne didn't know anyone on this trip aside from Go-Eun and the writer-producer. She didn't mind it though. To be honest, she loved it. 

 

As she sat in the most inconspicuous corner in a café wearing a mask to hide her identity, clad in all black-- from the shirt, the jacket and the pants, she almost laughed to herself. It has been a while since she's been alone. Armed with a pen and a notebook, the ideas, tunes and harmony danced through her mind. 

 

Roseanne chose to write here instead of going to the the filming location. Maybe next time, though. For today, she just wanted coffee and an amazing view. The café she chose was particularly close to the filming location in case she'd change her mind or if someone recognizes her here.

 

"It is you, right?" she heard someone say. Roseanne was about to get upset since it hasn't been an hour inside the café and she's been spotted already but she was proven wrong as the man looked around carefully before dragging his mask down to show his face and smiled. It was Nam Joo-hyuk, the leading man of the drama.

 

"Oh, hello." she greeted the man with a smile. "We haven't really talked or been introduced so I want to come up and say hi. I hope you don't mind." The man continued. "It's really good to have you here. I'm a big fan, Rosé-ssi." 

 

"Yah!" shouted a woman wearing a cap and a mask like Joo-hyuk and Roseanne are wearing. "I told you not to leave me alone to order! I was freaking out!" The woman continued shouting and Roseanne recognized her immediately.

 

"Keep it down, Go-Eun." The singer joked. Although Joo-hyuk was already wearing his mask back up, Roseanne noticed that he was surprised of the casual manner she addressed the other woman. "Chaeyoung, nice to see you here." The woman said as she patted Roseanne's head. 

 

"You two know each other?" Joo-hyuk asked in confusion. "Yeah, we go way back." Go-Eun replied with nonchalance.

 

"She's a friend of a friend." The singer blurted out in all nervousness which made her ex-girlfriend giggle. 

 

"Come on, the coffee's ready!" Go-Eun urged Joo-hyuk to go. "Will you be there later?" Joo-hyuk asked.

 

"Yep, I'll be there." Roseanne politely replied. She waved the two of them goodbye and grabbed her pen again.

 

The singer stayed at the café the whole afternoon and when she looked at the window, she realized that it was already dark outside. Upon checking her watch, Roseanne learned that it was already 6:30 p.m. 

 

She read the memo sent via email to the staff and cast members stating that there would be a dinner hosted by the tv station itself in celebration of the first day of taping. Since the filming location was a mere walking distance from the café, Roseanne decided to walk and get a breather at the same time.

 

Roseanne's feet wandered through the streets of Rome with her hands inside her pocket, enjoying the new found solitude. She doesn't know why but she felt so free here. Maybe it was because no one actually knew her. It weirdly gave her the needed peace of mind. The singer almost felt guilty feeling like she was on a vacation when in fact she is here for work. To be fair, she was able to write two songs in the café. 

 

"I almost thought you weren't coming." Roseanne looked up at the per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter