Chapter 7: I Wish

I Write the Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes I wonder if you'll ever let me in
I wonder if I'm ever gonna find somebody
I cry and I cry and I cry and I cry out to the heavens
Why won't you just send me somebody? 
- i wish; hayley kiyoko -

 

Roseanne finds herself too often than not hanging around the set. Sometimes carrying a pen and a notebook with her- oftentimes just looking. She doesn't want to overthink. However, during the two weeks that has gone by ever since their trip to Sicily, she became somewhat closer to the actress. She wouldn't say they're bestfriends but the connection was there. 

 

The two fell into a pattern. They'd have breakfast together. Sometimes chatting about random things and laughing about it- oftentimes falling into a comfortable silence. A silence that lets Roseanne have enough headspace to draft lyrics for her song, and enough silence for Suzy to relax herself before a day of acting. 

 

Every once in a while, the two would hangout with Go Eun and So Hee. Roseanne just laughed when Go Eun said she can see right through her because she doesn't know what the actress was talking about it. She decides to think about it later. 

 

Because Suzy's set for the day just finished and the the actress was making her way towards Roseanne. 

 

"Hey." the actress greeted her with a smile. "Were you waiting that long?" she asked.

 

No, three hours is too short of a time and I couldn't possibly get tired of looking at--

 

"Chaeyoung?" Suzy asked again as Roseanne seemed to waken from her stupor. "Y-Yeah. Sorry, what was it?" the singer replied.

 

"I just told you I can't have dinner at your place tonight. I've got somewhere to be." The actress said. 

 

She shouldn't feel bad- Roseanne thought to herself. Though the way Suzy's smile doesn't quite fully reach her eyes, she doesn't want to overthink such a simple thing. Friends cancel on each other all the time. And things don't always go the way they should. 

 

"It's fine. Where are you going?" the singer asked. And yes she was curious but she didn't feel like it was such a weird question to ask because Suzy's demeanor changed. "I don't have to tell you anything." then she just laughed.


So Roseanne faked a smile, stood up, and walked away.


---

 

"Chaeyoung-ah." The singer heard Go Eun say. "You look like a lost puppy." The actress added. 
 

Silence enveloped the atmosphere as Roseanne stared at what should seem to be a scrumptious meal-- were it not for the weird feeling she had after what she saw moments ago. 
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter