Part 3

Conveniently Yours [mini-series]

“. Why is there no zipper?” Jaebum’s gruffness made you whimper as his hands tugged on the confusing laces of the bodice to your dress. You attempted to reach around to help, but his lips attached to your bare shoulder, leaving a series of frustrated kisses in their wake. Your attention now fixated on his debauched mouth, hands fabrics of your wedding gown.

“Can’t you just take it off slowly?” you wondered breathlessly, receiving an impatient grunt in response. You knew just how eager Jaebum was to be buried inside you. Heck, you had longing to get to this point of your wedding night for hours now. You thought you had seen Jaebum at his most attractive state before – completely and hazed by your wicked hip ministrations. However, there was something about that tux of his that had your heart stumbling over itself as soon as you took your first step down the aisle. You had conflicted feelings about him taking it off. You wanted nothing more than to have your husband bare before you in a matter of seconds, yet you couldn’t help but marvel at how handsome he looked right now with his bedroom eyes and dishevelled suit.

If being physical was all that was needed in a long-lasting relationship, you and Jaebum were set for life.

“I want you out of this now.”

“Don’t you like it?” you asked, your back bowing into him when his teeth scraped your skin in a playful nip.

“Baby, you made the most beautiful bride. But now I want access to my incredibly y wife, and she’s hidden under way too many poofy layers.”

“I suppose I should tell you there’s a zip along the side of the bodice,” you mentioned slyly, earning yourself another curse as hands felt for the invisible opening. Once discovered, it was hastily yanked upon, your gown dropping to the floor around your white heels.

Instead of continuing with the hasty removal of your white lacy undergarments, Jaebum walked around you slowly, revelling in you. He had already tugged off his tie and loosened the buttons of his shirt, but as his molten stare soaked you in, you could tell he was getting a little too hot under all those clothes. You smirked. “Now it looks like you have too many clothes on.”

“Don’t you dare remove a thing,” he warned, shucking off his jacket to the closest hotel chair, his hands now on the green waistcoat and pulling at the buttons. “You know, when my grandfather told me about this scheme of his, I was totally against the exchanging of vows to get access to that trust fund. I didn’t need his money any time soon. I have my own. But now, I don’t have a care for what I gained from his requirements. If this is what I get to look forward to every day for the rest of my life, then I’ll gladly donate every cent in your name just to worship you over and over.”

“Stop talking and start acting on that worshipping,” you demanded lustfully, a guttural groan leaving the man as he launched himself at you, carrying you all the way over to the bed, gasps and moans soon echoing off the walls.


 

Your mutual gains didn’t make for a stress-free marriage, though. Sure, the was just as amazing, perhaps even better, as it had been before you agreed to this. You didn’t have to wait for free time in his schedule to match yours for a hook up after a ty day in the office anymore.

Every surface of your penthouse apartment had been christened more than once by your insatiable need for one another.

It was when you weren’t locked in each other’s embrace that reminded you why this had to last only for a year. Where you were messy, he was tidy. His daily habits didn’t align with yours, and more often than not, you were always in a disagreement about something.

You knew these signs well enough. You had mediated between hundreds of couples to know that opposites didn’t always match. Attraction only lasted so long before marriages broke apart and ended up in your office. Although it was only two months into your marriage, and it was more than understandable that teething issues would occur, you were getting fed up with living with someone else. Especially when certain someone had an opinion about everything you did or didn’t do.

“Seriously? You’re going to eat all that before bed?”

You glanced up from your stash of cake, cookies, and a bag of chips to frown at Jaebum. “Every morsel.”

“You’re going to get indigestion again.”

“So?”

“Last time you farted so much in your sleep that--”

Stepping into your husband’s space, you poked him right in the chest. “Finish that sentence, I dare you.”

“I don’t want to need a gas mask in bed, Y/N.”

“Don’t worry. You won’t be in bed with me, Jaebum! You can go sleep with all your damn cats.”

“Jealous, are we?”

“Oh yes,” you proclaimed with a roll of your eyes. “Intensely.”

“I’m worried about all that sugar. You need to eat better.”

“What you eat is disgusting. We hardly have a single food we like in common. Leave me to my junk and sugar, and don’t worry, husband, any health issues I may face because of it won’t be your concern or duty to support me through.”

Jaebum folded his arms across his chest. “You’re ridiculous when you’re in a mood. You know that, right?”

“And you’re too set in your ways and expect me to convert to them like you’ve rocked me enough into ecstasy that I should follow every step of your life plan. Remember, Jaebum, I’m far too independent to tame.”

“Like I’d really want to tame that fire of yours,” he muttered, appraising you for a second before shaking his head and walking into the spare room.

You grumbled incoherently, looking down at your snacks and glaring back at the door he was behind. You were going to eat it all.

Indigestion and irksome husband be damned.