That Woman (I)

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyowon never felt threatened her whole life when it comes to Monika. Either with close friends, fellow dancers or even when the older woman had boyfriends, Hyowon knew she was Monika's priority. Monika always made it clear and Hyowon never had any doubt on it. That was until a certain woman appeared in their lives recently.

---------------

They were chatting over their dinner as the older shared about upcoming SWF season 2 and her judge appearance in the show. The filming was going to start in a month and Monika looked more thrilled than ever which was an adorable sight to the younger woman as she amusedly listened to her talking nonstop.

"Oh, and by the way, I heard Buckey unnie will come on the show too!" Monika said with big eyes as if she suddenly remembered the fact.

"Who again?" Hyowon asked, not recognizing the name instantly.

"Buckey unnie! You know, the one who scouted me into Woo Fam."

Then it dawned on her.

"Ah...."

Hyowon couldn't believe herself how she could almost forget her.

"Unbelievable, right? I was so shocked when I heard it, and my student who told this to me heard from Harimu who will appear with One Million, so this means it's legit! I'm in trouble, Hyowon-ah. How am I supposed to judge her?"

"I know, right?" Hyowon mumbled, thoughts starting to fill up her mind as she watched Monika continue to ramble on with huge excitement written on her face.

Buckey Han Jihye. The woman who used to be Monika's muse, twin flame and inspiration for dance.

Moreover, Monika's first and only female love when she was once in her tomboy phase.

---------------------

[YEARS AGO]

"Buckey unnie is somewhat interesting."

Hyowon looked up from her phone texting with her boyfriend, at Monika's out-of-the-blue comment.

"What about her?" She asked the woman who was having her favourite Greek Yogurt at the dining table.It had been a few weeks since Monika joined Monster Woo Fam and Hyowon was curious if she was doing well with her new crew mates, although she refrained from probing unless the older woman opened up to her first.

"Well, I can't quite put a finger on it, but she looks friendly and chill, and at the same time, seems like a mysterious person that makes people want to know her more.And the way she dances is, how do I say, like steadily flowing water in a river? And I think her passion in dance is something quite relatable for me. It feels good dancing with her actually."

Hyowon smiled with a nod, her initial worries vanishing away as her unnie seemed to be in good terms with her new crew, "Great, unnie. You're lucky to be working with someone like her then."

"My word exactly," Monika grinned, stuffing a spoonful of yogurt into , "I look forward to creating more art with her."

-----------------

"Hello, Hyowon-ah."

Just as Hyowon was about to hang up her call after several rings, Monika picked it up.

"Unnie, you're not coming home for dinner?" she asked. It was past their usual dinner time and Monika was not showing up yet since her performance schedule with Monster Woo Fam from the morning.

"Ah, about that," she heard Monik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter