Forever and Always

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] This is not a continuation of the previous chapter (That woman pt.1). The final pt. 2 will be published later. Just randomly writing this oneshot because the plot suddenly popped up in my mind lol 

 

---------------------------------------------------

Forever & Always

 

Shin Jungwoo's lifetime of loving Jo Hyowon.

 

---------------------------

 

Jungwoo half lied when she told the public that her first impression of Hyowon was bad.

Because she actually found her adorable.

 

"Hyowon-ah, this is my friend Jungwoo that I told you last time."

Jungwoo nervously stared at the said girl looking up from gobbling her bowl of noodles at the introduction of her dancer friend. She was very new to dance industry and it was thrilling for her to meet new people from there.

"Hello, Hyowon-ssi! It's nice meeting you for the first time," she cheerfully greeted, flashing the best smile she could.

Jungwoo blinked when she noticed the emo-haired girl subtly gave her a side-eyed glare before nonchalantly saying "Annyeonghaseyo," and went back to eating.

Their mutual dancer friend laughed, "Don't mind her, Jungwoo-ya. She's just not very good with strangers," she said, taking a seat at the table and gesturing her to do the same.

 

 

They talked for several minutes and Jungwoo found Hyowon gradually warming up to her. She noticed Hyowon had that pure and sincere aura around her, and she thought the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about dancing was especially unique.

 

She's cute.

 

Jungwoo made a mental comment. Maybe she could probably make friends with her.

 

--------------------------

 

 

Jungwoo put her dinner aside on the table when she found a video call coming in from Hyowon.

She immediately accepted the call and was greeted with a poker faced Hyowon.

"Unnie..." She heard her cracking voice through the screen, pool of tears visible in her eyes.

"It's ok, Hyowon-ah, it's fine," Jungwoo quickly comforted the girl, she knew how much effort and energy the younger invested into winning that competition. "There's always a next time, right? You can always keep challenging yourself."

After a few seconds of silence, Jungwoo watched the screen as the pout on Hyowon's lips slowly formed an upward curve, "Ta-da! I won first place, unnie!! My first ever 1st place!!!" 

Her eyeballs nearly popped out from their sockets when Hyowon showed a gold trophy that she was hiding at her back before.

"AHHH!!!" Jungwoo screamed along, covering in shock, "You actually won first place?! I told you would, Hyowon-ah! You did it!!" 

"I know, right? I still can't believe I beat all those legends," Hyowon flashed a proud smile before noticing the older's face, "wait unnie, are you crying?"

"Am I?" Jungwoo said with a trembling voice, her palms reaching out to her face to wipe away the streams of tears on it, "I guess I got too happy for you."

Hyowon grinned, "It feels good though."

Jungwoo blinked, confused, "What is?"

"To have someone who'll cry happy tears for me."

The older laughed, "Of course. It's because you're such a precious partner, friend and sister to me, Wonhyo-ya."

 

----------------------------

 

At least that was what Jungwoo believed before she had to question herself at one point.

 

"You know, unnie..." Hyowon trailed off, her head hung low with a shy smile painted on her face before she continued, "he confessed to me."

"Oh," Jungwoo didn't understand why she felt as if lightning hit her head at that time.

"And...what was your response?" 

"What do you think?"

"You know I hate riddles. Just get to the point," she rushed, nervously waiting for the younger's answer. 

"I accepted," Hyowon replied, glancing over to her housemate, her cheeks burning at sharing her unnie about her recently-gotten boyfriend, "I mean, of course, who wouldn't, like he's hot, sweet and gentleman at the same time. Don't you think so?"

"Um...of course," Jungwoo slowly nodded, swallowing the lump in . 

She watched the girl who had a dreamy expression as she wondered why she was having a weird feeling instead of being happy for her as she imagined she would be.

 

Is it because I've been lonely and got heavily attached to her? Or jealous that I'm not getting myself a good guy yet? Well, maybe I should start dating too.

 

----------------------

 

"Hyowon-ah, did you drink?" 

Jungwoo asked, concerned, when she spotted the bob-haired girl walking into their apartment in groggy steps.

"You should've told me so, then I would've come and picked you up wherever you were," she continued, as she walked over to support the drunk girl before the younger suddenly pulled her into a hug.

"Unnie," Hyowon started sobbing hard into the hug and Jungwoo couldn't get any more worried.

"What's wrong, Hyowon-ah?" she asked, her heart beating faster in nervousness, "What happened? Tell unnie, let me know."

Hyowon chuckled while in tears, as if being sarcastic, "He's such a jerk, unnie. I didn't even know he's been cheating at my back with that student of his for some time before I saw them making out at a club today with my own eyes."

"What?!" Jungwoo exclaimed, breaking the hug to see the disheveled wasted girl. She heard the rumors about the guy and she even warned Hyowon but poor girl deep in love didn't believe her.

"I'm such a fool, right? I even fought with you when you told me some time ago about this. Such so stupid and ignorant of me, thinking how nice he was to me and that people were just spreading groundless rumors," the younger said and Jungwoo felt her heart breaking into pieces at the broken sight of the girl.

She pulled Hyowon into an embrace once again, her own eyes also getting watery imagining the younger's pain as she knew how much she loved him, "It's his loss, Hyowon-ah. Everyone knows what a great person and girlfriend you are and that just didn't deserve you."

 

After an hour or so of comforting the younger, Jungwoo supported her to walk into her bedroom, noticing she was getting tired and sleepy, as she helped to settle her down on her bed carefully.

"You know, unnie," Jungwoo looked up from removing Hyowon's shoes and socks, at her heavy mumble, "You're such a good person. If you were a guy, I would definitely date you."

Jungwoo watched the girl say some more incoherent words before falling asleep, as she stood frozen in her spot at the end of the bed.

From how her heart skipped several beats at Hyowon's drunk comment and how it was still beating wildly, Jungwoo got herself the confirmation she had been debating in her head for some time. 

The feelings she had for Hyowon was beyond platonic and she felt so doomed, because she knew that the other girl definitely didn't and would probably never feel the same.

 

---------------------------

 

"But seriously, not only your fans but even we can see that your old couple chemistry is too strong. You two just look so compatible with each other," the host of the tv program comments, after displaying some past videos and photos of them on the screen.

Jungwoo laughs awkwardly, glancing over to the girl beside her. She knows the younger won't like the topic.

"Aish, please stop saying that! We need to get married for real!"

Jungwoo flinches at the high tone. She knows how Hyowon is usually defensive to these kind of comments but this time it came off so strong, almost annoyed.

"She's right," Jungwoo adds, "We don't want good guys backing away, right?" she tries to joke, feeling her heart sinking in the process.

 

 

Jungwoo finds the vehicle door open, with the other girl getting in and seating beside her, her eyes focused on her phone.

Noticing that their manager and staff are not in the car yet, she glances over to Hyowon and carefully calls out, "Hyowon-ah."

"Hmm?" was the casual reply from the girl scrolling through her phone screen. 

"Well, I just wanna ask..." she hesitates and Hyowon looks at her, sensing the serious tone.

"When they bring up these kinds of topics, like you know, that we look like an old couple, or that we should date each other, do you feel uncomfortable?" Jungwoo asks, trying her best to sound as nonchalant as possible. 

"Of course, unnie!" Hyowon retorts, "Of course I feel uncomfortable when you're a precious sister, literally a family member, to me. What they keep saying is just so weird! Don't you feel the same?" 

"Yeah..." Jungwoo looks away, blinking several times to not let the tears in her eyes fall, "oh and by the way, I'm gonn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter