Chapter One (Bristol)

BTS UK
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leaning against the railing, I watched the pair of white swans sail past me, and contemplated jumping into the river myself.  

Would anyone notice, or care? I thought, bitterly.  I decided against it, considering how cold the water probably was and trying not to think about what sort of minging things would most likely end up in an urban river.

It was early summer, and the weather was pleasant, with a cool breeze intermingling with warm sunshine.    On the opposite riverbank, I could see a cyclist and the occasional jogger trying to avoid a large group of primary schoolchildren in little high-vis jackets on their school trip.  There were few people about at this time of day as it was still morning and the lunchtime rush of office workers mixed in with tourists was yet to start.

I turned to glance at the building behind me.  I could see my colleagues through the glass windows of the workers' restaurant, either queuing for a morning coffee or meeting at tables with their notebooks and pens.  I had just been called into a disciplinary meeting regarding my sickness record, and my boss had decided to suspend me for two weeks without pay.  Not even my cutest outfit, or my sweetest smile, or flirting with my eyes had been enough to save me this time.  Just great.  Whilst I was happy not to have to endure that hellhole for a fortnight, I was very angry about the hypocrisy of the place - if you don't stress me out, I won't get sick, right?  Plus, I had to admit, my pride was wounded this time.  Just a little bit...  I figured I had some important choices to make about what I was going to next.

I can't stay here...

With a heavy sigh, I started to make my way along the river, watching the boats bobbing about on the surface of the water.  The warm sun disappeared behind a cloud and the breeze picked up, making me shiver.  Just at that moment, I became aware of some loud voices coming my way and looked up to see a group of seven young men walking along the path in my direction.  As they got closer, I stopped in my tracks and stood rooted to the spot in disbelief when I recognised who these boys were.

It couldn't be!  Could it...?

My instinct was to run away and hide, but I had nowhere to go (except for jumping in the river, and I'd already decided against that).  Instead, I stayed frozen in place as BTS came closer and stopped right in front of me.  RM (or Namjoon) was standing at the front of the group, frowning at a map.  My eyes instinctively looked for my bias members, yep, there they were standing behind Namjoon jabbering away to one another in Korean.  Suga (or Yoongi), who had been examining the map with Namjoon, looked up and gave me a gummy smile, which made my breath catch in my throat.  He's looking quite hot, I thought to myself.  He nudged Namjoon on the arm and murmured something in his ear.

Namjoon smiled at me politely, showing his dimples.  'Excuse me, Miss.  Do you know the way to the, uh, Sus-pen-sion Brid

Please log in to read the full chapter