Stupid Pride

GAME

 

She hates it. She hates where she is, she hates the order she received. She hates how everyone thinks pampering her would be a good thing to do. She’s sick, not dying, she don’t have to be put in bed all day long without even doing anything. It had been three days, she knows she’s fine but she’s not allowed to walk out of her room at all. Remembering every reminder given to her, she shook her head knowing there’s nothing important. She then rides a taxi to the company but before entering, she buys some bubble tea, a lot of bubble tea for them.

 

Squatting down, standing up, she peeks in the vocal room to know who’s in it. She sees Kris, Luhan, Jong In, Moon Kyu and Chan Yeol but not sure if the others are in the room or not because her views are block by the white board. Jong In sees her and wave to her. Eun Mi wave her hand back and mouthed, “Sehun” to Jong In and Jong In pull Sehun closer to him. Sehun waves happily to Eun Mi and Eun Mi shows the bubble tea she bought. Sehun mouthed and ‘O’ and put on a happy expression while pulling Luhan towards him to show the same thing that caught his eyes. Eun Mi was showing the bubble tea happily to them when she suddenly caught Kris’ eyes. Eun Mi nearly curses loudly, knowing that Kris shouldn’t see her. She’ll be dead before she starts breathing again. She walks towards the cafeteria and just wait for them to come there.

 

“Unnie!!” Eun Mi turn around to see Hyuna and Tao greeting Eun Mi happily. After getting closer to Tao, Eun Mi find Tao really cute. Though practicing wushu every single day, he doesn’t pretend to be a cool guy. He just be himself and his smile alone can make people ask him, “what should I buy you?” right away. Eun Mi look behind but no one is coming around with them.

 

“Where did you come from? Where’s the other?,” Eun Mi asks.

 

“We were having our dance lesson, Kyuwan oppa and Junmyeon oppa were with us too. I think they’re on the way because I got out earlier than they did when Tao ask me to accompany him to meet you,” Hyuna said.

 

“Then Tao, why weren’t you in the vocal room just now?” Eun Mi asks confused.

 

“Noona, you didn’t saw me just now? I was behind Kris hyung,” Yeah Tao, how would I see you behind that giant? Eun Mi said to herself.

 

“So you come here to meet me? Your practice is over?” Eun Mi asks Tao who take the bubble tea on the table and start drinking to it excitingly and cutely.

 

“I finish earlier than the others and when I ask the teacher if I can go out first, she told me that I can,” Eun Mi blink her eyes a few more times, surprised by what she hears. No one really dares doing that, not for new trainees anyway. Maybe because Tao is new and doesn’t understand a lot of things yet, that’s why he did it. Or maybe because he was asking the trainer cutely, even though he doesn’t intend on doing so. Tao’s normal face, normal facial expression is already cute enough for people to agree to his request. Hyuna though nods her head to Eun Mi, she’s going to tell him what he should and shouldn’t do. He’s a new trainee, there are things he should know or some of the old trainees will scold him for it.

 

“Oh yeah noona, just now Kris hyung told me to tell you that he’s going to come to the café for lunch.” Hyuna look at Tao weirdly, not being able to understand what Kris meant through the message. Eun Mi on the other hand stands up right away. Why would someone who spend most of his lunch time at the rooftop wants to come to the cafeteria, and leaving a special message for her??

 

“Guys, I’ll be leaving now!” Eun Mi said and walk as fast as she can to leave the cafeteria. When she was about to open the cafeteria door to leave, someone open it and Eun Mi eyes sees the same blue shirt she saw at the vocal room just now. Not being able to face him, Eun Mi have her head down, and try to walk out of the cafeteria without saying anything.

 

“NOONAAAA!!!” Eun Mi was shock when she suddenly feels her body being lifted on the air. She closed her eyes, scared of the fall and scared of the face she’ll see when she open her eyes. She didn’t fall but was properly landed back on the floor. When she open her eyes, Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were lifting her up just now greet her cheerfully and wave their hand excitedly, again as if they’re overdosed with sugar. Behind them, she can see Kris clearly and intended on walking out of the cafeteria while he still stares at her waiting for her to say something to him. She was about to leave when suddenly someone grab her on the neck and drag her to the table Hyuna and Tao is sitting.

 

“I keep on telling everybody, weak and sick doesn’t go with Han Eun Mi! They keep on telling me you need to rest. You don’t because you don’t like being on the bed for so long but I ended up being scolded by Kyuwan hyung!” Eun Mi close her eyes, enduring her anger towards Jun Myeon.

 

“Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Kris is coming! Oh! Oh! Faster hide!” Eun Mi look at Jun Myeon who’s in front of him annoyed. Is he really clueless that she was going to hide just now but he was the one who brings her here.

 

“You don’t have to tell me…”

 

“Are you ready?” The scary voice that belongs to a devil sends shivers to her whole body. Why did he have to come behind her and whisper to her ears like that. Though sometimes she praise him for having y voice, but it still sends shivers to her whole body hearing it as a threat.

 

“I guess I still have headaches. Everything seems confusing right now. Hyuna, I’m leaving!” Eun Mi said to Hyuna trying to stand up but was pushed down on her seat by Kris. She thought he’d leave to find his own sits, didn’t expect him to still be there. The others just watch Kris and Eun Mi’s fighting with amusement. They really like seeing Eun Mi and Kris quarrelling because Eun Mi looks like a midget with Kris. She’s in fact is the shortest in her group despite being the oldest. Eun Mi’s large voice while scolding and nagging doesn’t suit her small body at all, that’s what amuse them so much.

 

“You ought to know what’s coming when you step out of your house, don’t you think so? It was a bet, so you should fulfil it! As a leader, you shouldn’t teach your group member to break their promises, right?” Kris said to Eun Mi, challenging her role as the leader in the group. Hyori then arrives together with Kyuwan and Chanyeol excitedly told Hyori everything and both of them ended up laughing loudly, earning a laser eyebeam shooting form Eun Mi’s eye.

 

“Told you that you couldn’t win the bet but your stupid pride wants to take it anyway. Kris, congratulations!” Eun Mi shut her eyes once again, preventing herself from exploding with anger at her own brother. She knows her brother is right, but still, she is his sister.

 

“Oh Oh Oh Oh!!” The 92ers and 93ers in the group start singing the chorus to Oh! By SNSD making Eun Mi angrier. When she looks at all of them, they all already leave to buy their food.

 

“So when do you think you’re going to do it?” Kris asks handing her the bubble tea she bought. Though trying to make Eun Mi angry, Kris do know that she is still sick and she needs to take care of herself. Standing at a very close distance with Eun Mi, he can sees her pale lips and her tired eyes. When he hold her shoulder to sit her down just now, he can still feel her body temperature being a bit hot compared to his own body temperature. Just like Eun Mi always says when she sicks, “I’m sick, not dying”, he doesn’t want to treat her like a patient because she hates that feeling.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Kris ask Eun Mi. Eun Mi didn’t even realize that she was pouting to Kris when she look at him. She pointed at the food in front of her, signalling that she had already bought her food and Kris just smiles at her.

 

“You’re still sick Eun Mi, so try and take care of yourself,” Kris said and went to buy his food.

 

“Why are you so stubborn? You don’t want me to tell mom and dad about falling sick but you didn’t even have any strength to even answer their calls. Don’t give me the medicine makes you weak excuse, because if you’re strong enough, nothing can actually make you sleep. Han Eun Mi doesn’t even sleep after eating a piriton. Why did you starve yourself before the performance anyway?” Though knowing that it’s not the truth but to Kyuwan, not eating is starving. She didn’t intend on starving herself but her worries make her lose all of her appetite and she fall sick because of the lack of nutrition in her body. Kyuwan then walks to her and put his hands on her forehead, feeling her still hot forehead, though not as hot as yesterday.

 

“I’m going to do Oh! Today. Sweating in the room is not the same with sweating while dancing. I still remember mom always tell me not to pamper myself when I’m sick. I’m not going to pamper myself oppa. I want to sweat it all out, who knows it might makes me feel better,” Kyu Wan shook his head with her stubbornness but let her do it anyway.

 

“Here unnie, Chanyeol told me to go borrow the Oh’s outfit and I found Taeyeon’s unnie clothes, I hope you can wear it though,” Hyori said to Eun Mi. Everything that comes out from Hyori’s mouth just now sounds so annoying. Hyori and Chanyeol is the most annoying person to be around when someone lose a bet.

 

After having their lunch, they all went to the dance practice room. They wait for Eun Mi to enter the room wearing Oh’s outfit. When Eun Mi enters, though it suits her, everyone in the room cringe seeing her in it. Only Minseok, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo claps their hand at how cute she look while Kris just smile to himself looking at Eun Mi. Eun Mi start dancing and singing to Oh, feeling really embarrassed of herself at the moment. This was the punishment for the bet she lose. The bet she made with Kris was one where Kris told her that she won’t be able to stay in her house for a week and that she would come to the company to practice. Everyone in the room cringe, scream and laugh at Eun Mi doing Oh dance cutely. She still feels encouraged doing it though because new trainees like Min Yoong and Tao who doesn’t know her that long are cheering for her and Tao is clapping his hand, feeling happy to see one of her favourite noona dancing.

 

“Han Eun Mi and cute doesn’t go together, it just don’t!!Arrrgghhh!!” Eun Mi scream to everyone and run out of the practice room once the song is over. She doesn’t even realize that in some people’s eyes, her actions are really cute.

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

Notes: piriton is a medicine for flu and it is sleepy.