[4-4] The Festival

[On - Going] Like The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The audience was finally subdued and the King began to speak again.

“Now that I have your full attention. As previously noted, yes, the torbenites attacked us. Yes! This means that they have broken the treaty and a possible war will brew any time” said the King.

A man in the front row stood up immediately and began speaking, “Your Highness! We must prepare for war immediately! As the head of military tactics, we must act quickly! There’s no time for this meeting.”

“Yes we should, Magistrate Kim but if I tell you the details. I think you will be shocked. Do you want to hear them?”

Knight Suho’s father sat back down and waited patiently for the details.

{Like father like son…always act rashly when they sense danger…}

“There was only three torbenites that attacked. Their names are according to Kris: Dāo piàn, Bǐshǒu, Yīnyǐng. Apparently they are the leaders of the assassination group, THL, Torbenite’s Hero League. {The King the projector and the screen. On the screen, it showed 3D figures of each person and their autobiography.}”

“Dāo piàn” whispered everyone.

“Yes, Dāo piàn…the one we thought was killed by Chanyeol’s father, Park Tae Hyun…he’s alive…”

Everyone was shocked.

“Your highness, so you are saying that Dāo piàn has been training all these years and he gained two followers and my son…unaware of this…was attacked. After all these years, how did you not find such information out? Today could have been a funeral for my only son…” Xiu Min’s father, Xu Guan, was interrupted by his own son, Xiu Min.

“The King is not to be blame. He is guiltless. Like every one of you, you assumed he was dead. Father, you too, did not follow up after that event. How can you blame the King? Are you not one of his loyal magistrates. As my father I understand your concern, but I am a knight. I have chosen this path, knowing well of all the consequences and I am willing to die for Prince Kai, Prince Chen, and his Majesty, the King.” Xiu Min said proudly.

The audience was stunned yet satisfied by his brave words. Xu Guan was hurt but he knew his son said was right. He sat down with a sad look on his face and he said quietly:

“How can you understand a father? Or a man who lost his lover in war? Or a man who almost lost his only son…since you haven’t experienced any of these things for yourself…”

Xiu min overheard his father and the fathers’ of the other knights silently agreed.

{What would children know about love when they were only interested in fighting and protecting the King since a very young age. How would they know what it is like to lose almost everything and desperately fight to protect the only thing that is left? You can speak brave words now but wait until you experience love…your brave words now…would mean nothing at all …then…}

The King, who understands them the most, decided to continue with his speech.

“So, these are the men. It was only those three that attacked yet cau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter